• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - 8 Week HIIT Program

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - 8 Week HIIT Program


    Routine Campfire - 8 Week HIIT Program

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: 8 Week HIIT Program

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 25, 2020

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How do I know if I need proteins? (30m)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    I started training, mostly legs, during quarantine and I feel better and more secure walking because I had an accident to my knee and the doctor said to develop more muscle. I am not fat just I haven't trained before. I am vegetarian (not vegan) and I assume proteins from vegetables , dairy and (rarely) eggs.I only do 1 hour running x day for now. How do I know if I need more proteins to build more muscle? Also by looking at my legs I don't see any difference, after 5/6 months I thought I'd see a bit of muscle, maybe I haven't been constant enough..

    submitted by /u/mojokroll
    [link] [comments]

    Should you train triceps more than biceps?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    I want to work for more towards a Tom Holland type body but I want big enough arms to be able to wear fitted clothes. Is this a good idea for me to train triceps a bit extra than biceps to have big enough, athletic body-type arms?

    submitted by /u/scornyboobs
    [link] [comments]

    Diet confusion

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm a 15 year old girl (about 5"3, 133 lbs) and I want to tone my stomach but build my butt at the same time. I am doing an "hourglass" workout program but I've been eating in a strict caloric deficit. I'm on day 2 out of 26 but I realise that it's kinda impossible to do both since muscle gain needs a caloric surplus. What do I do? Should I eat in a caloric deficit with loads of protein? If I'm being honest, the idea of eating in a caloric surplus scares me because I really don't want to get a bigger stomach. Also, I don't expect to see shocking results on my butt because 26 days is practically nothing, but I do want to see something change. I am also using a light resistance band to train more. I see people saying that deadlifts work, but realistically...a 15 year old girl... in the gym with grown adults... lifting weights.. (if you get what I mean 😂).

    submitted by /u/peace_i
    [link] [comments]

    Front Raises for Front Delts Development compared to OHP/Dumbell Press?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    REMEMBER, this is for strictly anterior delt development. I do lateral raises as is and rear delt work.

    Since I have been avoiding gym due to virus, I have still thankfully been able to use home dumbells. But for shoulder growth, I peaked at the dumbells I have (35s, yeah not much =/ but working) for shoulder presses.

    I'm not really able to buy more currently because of costs, so I was wondering about front raises with obv lower weights. I own dumbells (5 inc) from 10-35s.

    But for both my own production sake and also curiosity sake I did have questions:

    1. Should I still expect to see decent gains doing front raises?

    2. (Hypothetical for curiosity sake) Say I did front raises as opposed to OHP/Dumbell Press, how much of a difference in anterior growth would you expect?

    3. Should I just do Arnold Press or some other options?

    Also extra question popped up:

    I usually workout 6x a week (used to do PPL at the gym before virus) so with dumbell workouts should I keep the volume (all 2x a week):

    • 4 sets of shoulder press
    • 3 sets of lateral raises
    • 3 rear delt raises
    submitted by /u/The_New_New
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive overload and reps

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    I was asking myself how the correlation between progressive overload and reps should be. For example if I add weight to my bench press I often go down in volume and was asking myself if this is normal. So for example if I do 10 reps with 190lbs that would be a total volume of 1900lbs. If I then add 10lbs and only do 9 reps (which is what I usually experience when going up in weight) and do only 9 reps that would be a total volume of 1800lbs. Is this still overloading? Is it normal? If not what am I doing wrong? Going up to fast with the weight?

    submitted by /u/ZunoJ
    [link] [comments]

    How to not strain neck?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    For upper ab workouts that requires lifting the upper torso, I know "relaxing the neck" or looking at the ceiling is supposed to help, but more often than not if I put my hands behind my head and continue the exercise focusing on my abs seem to work out my muscles more. Is it because my upper abs are too weak at the moment?

    TL;DR How do I work abs without straining neck?

    edit - I'm not new to working out, I focus on form so I know not to rock my body. When I say I put my hands behind my head I'm not resting my head in my hands, usually I place them next to my head so my fingers are just touching my ears.

    For example, for toe touches with legs lifted, I find it better / I focus more on my abs if I imagine reaching upwards with my arms "behind" my head rather than having my fingers physically touching my toes, because that puts a lot of strain on my neck.

    submitted by /u/jscc_jnsp
    [link] [comments]

    Reps and sets??

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    Today i decided i was going to make a workout plan but i was a bit confused on how many exercises i should do and for how many sets for hypertrophy.

    My current schedule is:

    M - Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps T - Rest W - Chest, Legs, Back T- Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps F - Rest S - Chest, Legs, Back S - Rest

    I plan on doing four exercises per muscle group ( i can lower this if needed). For hypertrophy i know i should be doing 10 - 12 reps but i dont know how many sets for each exercise.

    I have been told i should be 8 sets per muscle group so does that mean since i have 4 exercises i should do each excercise for 2 sets of 10 - 12 reps.

    For example Triceps:

    1) Kickbacks - 2 sets of 10-12 2) Lying DB extensions - 2 sets of 10-12 3) Close grip press - 2 sets of 10 - 12 4) Overhead DB extensions - 2 sets of 10 - 12

    I want to keep my workouts 45mins or less and workout no more than 4x a week

    submitted by /u/RyanS_27
    [link] [comments]

    Is Isopure zero carb whey protein suitable for me and reviews?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    I (17M) started working out 3 weeks ago and I'm looking to build lean muscle mass. My trainer suggested me the aforementioned protein powder and I wanted some opinions on whether this is right for me. Those who have used this - how was your progress w it and which flavours would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/harsh25176
    [link] [comments]

    Rope or Dumbbell hammer curls?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Which do you believe is better?

    What I understand is that there's equal force throughout the whole movement when using a rope on a machine but I see most people using dumbbells to perform the exercise so what do you think is better for Biceps/forearms?

    submitted by /u/FanisGR
    [link] [comments]

    How to smell less after gym?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    My showers are closed at this moment, so I can not get myself clean after a day at the gym. The most I can is to clean my armpit, but nothing more. What do you do in this situation? I am an hour away from the gym and I really wanna smell okay on the way home (I go by bus).

    submitted by /u/bububeti
    [link] [comments]

    I really need help starting my fitness journey

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    I've read the getting started FAQ in this group but I'm still confused. I'm a complete newbie. This is what i understood and didn't: I don't know what type of diet i should follow, all i know is that i have a 23.6 bmi and that i look kinda skinny but i have a considerable amount of abdominal fat, that i should stop eating things with added sugar and eat foods with more protein to work harder and carbohydrates to recover faster but I've never controlled calorie intake, I have never in my 24 years owned a scale for food or looked at how many calories something has and stuff and honestly that sounds very overwhelming, that i should make a workout routine that works for me but i don't know how because i don't know if a jump rope, a barbell and a pull up bar are enough to make a complete workout and how to make an effective workout plan. I would really like to go to the gym but i really can't afford it, so i'll have to learn and do all of this by myself

    submitted by /u/Napalmaniac
    [link] [comments]

    I've always been embarrassed of my thighs because they've always been big compared to the rest of my body so anyone got any good toning exercises for my thighs?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    I have something called Hypermobility and my kneecaps are also slightly not built so well (my kneecaps are placed too high so I'm pretty much missing a part of my bone and my kneecaps aren't where they're supposed to be) so my kneecaps have a tendency of dislocating if I put too much pressure on them so I've always struggle with exercising my legs. I can't do squats, can't do lunges, can't do wall sits, can't jump too much and just generally putting a lot of pressure on my knees is a no-go.

    submitted by /u/0RAYE0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment