• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 26, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Do you eat 1g of protein per pound of your CURRENT weight or your GOAL weight?

    Beginner Fitness: Do you eat 1g of protein per pound of your CURRENT weight or your GOAL weight?


    Do you eat 1g of protein per pound of your CURRENT weight or your GOAL weight?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    I weigh 135, my goal is 160, my protein intake is around 130g-140g everyday, should I keep doing what I'm doing or increase?

    submitted by /u/ForgotMyMainPass69
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 26, 2020

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about aworkoutroutine.com's Upper/Lower/P/P/L 5 day split

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm a semi-beginner, currently doing a 5 week-day bro split, but I did some research an quickly found out that it's not the ideal way going forward, so I found this split, but I'm not sure about some things and wanted to ask what your guys's opinion is:

    1. What do you overall think about this split/routine?
    2. I feel like the some of the days (push and pull in particular) have very few exercises (4 each), do you think this is enough or do I need to add more?
    3. Would there be any downsides if I don't rest on Wednesday, but on Saturday instead, because more often than not I don't have the time to work out on the weekends?

    Any and all help is appreciated, thank you!

    submitted by /u/idtheremains
    [link] [comments]

    needing some help

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Where to start? I am 17 and have spent almost all of my free time for the last 5 ish years devoting my self to gaming and the thrill of self improvement through the hard struggle of effort, and after all the effort it paid off and I reached top 300 players in Europe. I also decided that I would go pro and start entering into tournaments with my team and compete for money etc.

    Here is the issue. I'm going into my last year of college (upper sixth) and am going to be boarding at my school 5 nights a week. I don't think that I will be allowed to move all my desktop and stuff into the my dorm room and even be allowed to use the internet for gaming ( heavy security locks / blocks). This means that I will most likely have to give up on gaming and try and fill the void that is left behind.

    Here is the issue. I'm going into my last year of college (upper sixth) and am going to be boarding at my school 5 nights a week. I don't think that I will be allowed to move all my desktop and stuff into my dorm room and even be allowed to use the internet for gaming ( heavy security locks/blocks). This means that I will most likely have to give up on gaming and try and fill the void that is left behind.

    Anyway, I confided in one of my teammates/friends and he said simply focus on studying. He also recommended that I take up fitness as my hobby, but I don't know where to start competed with my school in the national finals and we finish 4th in the country which isn't too bad. Currently, I am 14 stone 10 and my heaviest was 17 stone.

    Anyway, I confided in one of my teammates/friends and he said simply focus on studying. He also recommended that I take up fitness as my hobby, but I don't know where to start. Currently, I run a bit and can run for around an hour at a steady pace. But I don't think that I can run for the 8+ hours I played video games.

    If any of you have any advice/personal experience with dealing with this then the help would be greatly appreciated. :)

    submitted by /u/dove_mobile
    [link] [comments]

    Week of training..

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    Hi, so after smoking for 5 years and doing little to no exercise, I decided to spontaneously start to try to get in shape. I realized I couldn't fit into my pants anymore so I asked my brother to help me. He told me to do a 10k run with him right off the bat. (I just quit smoking too, so my lungs aren't in the perfect condition either lol, I felt like they were getting stabbed during the first run)

    So I did complete the run, but with a few pauses in between when I felt like I was dying. By the end of it, my muscles were kinda "locked" due to cramps and I could hardly walk the next day. On that next day, he told me to do some upper body workouts and stuff. It was painful and slow, but I did it.

    Now, the third day, my legs are still sore, and he's asking me to go run again, what should I do? Should I stick to his routine or should I wait and do Abs instead and wait another day? (He planned 4 10k runs in the week with me).

    EDIT : 173 cm and around 80 kilos

    submitted by /u/livingradiation
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with PHUL programming for Heavy Deadlifts

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    Currently, I have a 4RM on deadlifts for 315. I just started PHUL but I haven't gotten to the "lower power" day. I never do heavy squats and DL on the same day so I'm trying not to over-do it especially since I just started this program. I believe you're always supposed to leave 1 rep in the tank, so should looking using a 1 rep max calculator, it says I should be able to do roughly 295 for 6 reps. Should I start off the program at 295 lbs and try to get 5 reps? Or should just do 315 and stop at 3 reps? I should state that 4 reps is when I'm fully rested, my 2nd and 3rd sets I can probably at most do is 3 reps.

    submitted by /u/phyx726
    [link] [comments]

    underhand pulldown with barbell?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    hello this may be a dumb question but is it possible and safe ro do underhand pulldown with a barbell? I'm trying to get good doing chin ups and I know underhand pulldown is an excellent exercise that works pretty much the same areas that chin up does. sadly I can't go to the gym and although I have a pull up bar at home I'm quite terrible doing them I can't even do 1.

    i got a barbell at home so I was wondering if you can somehow mimic the movement of underhand pulldown with a barbell.

    thanks in advance guys!

    submitted by /u/CabesaDeChorlito
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the most out of my time

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    I'm looking to reduce my time working out (not that I actually spend that much time but hey) while still getting the most "bang for my buck." Currently I run 2 miles 3-6 days a week and those two miles take me about 30 minutes. I strive for 2 days of resistance band trainings in the same amount of time. If I don't do resistance training I'm running so I always workout M-F. Working out means I have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn which leaves me super tired. I'm trying to figure out a way to maintain cardiovascular fitness and build muscle that could start taking up less time or somehow combine the two? Idk but waking up every day super early and going to bet with the chickens is not working for me. I'm open to suggestions about types of activities or schedule changes you name it (my after work schedule is pretty tight so my workouts are usually limited to the am).

    submitted by /u/lonelyjokers4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment