• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: $1000 Work Well-being Allowance - What to Buy?

    Beginner Fitness: $1000 Work Well-being Allowance - What to Buy?


    $1000 Work Well-being Allowance - What to Buy?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Our work is giving us $1000 each year towards "well-being"

    Anything from...

    • Phyiscal (Smartwatch, Air Purifier, Nutritionist, Running Shoes, Sports Equipment, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, Yoga)
    • Financial (Financial Planning, Advisement Services)
    • Emotional (Mindfulness Classes, Life Coaching, Counseling)

    I've already got a gym membership and know a fair amount about personal finance.

    I have scoliosis, so maybe massage therapy would benefit me?

    I'm a 23 y/o new grad, so maybe some life coaching and counseling would help?

    Are nutritionists and personal trainers even worth it?

    submitted by /u/anonymouspsy
    [link] [comments]

    Active Recovery on Rainy Day

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Hi all! I just started working out regularly again and have 2 days of active recovery where I typically go for longer walks on flat land (a novelty where I live). The next few days it's supposed to be rainy and I was wondering if anyone had any light exercise activities they liked to do indoors? I'm in a moderately sized apartment with limited equipment. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/whitcantfindme
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any complete workout routine that can be done with just a barbell, a jump rope and a pull up bar?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Or an app that lets you build a workout with customized equipment?

    submitted by /u/Napalmaniac
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help/advice with home workout

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I'm new to the sub, long time lurker first time poster. I have mostly non traditional equipment that I've made or bought during this dumpster fire of a year. I'm 34 M, 165 lbs. and have a general knowledge of working out from high school and some off/on fitness over the years. I just need help building a routine around my work schedule and what days i should do what exercises I guess. Any and all help is appreciated.

    My equipment:

    100 ft? battle rope

    15#, 20# & 30# dumb bells

    5 ft slosh tube (weighs approx. 35# but its been a minute since i weighed it tbh)

    a landmine bar (an old weight bar i cemented into a bucket. probably 60ish #'s)

    and a few other random things like paralettes for incline push ups/dips, a yoga mat, a 8# weight ball and a wooden step up platform for calf raises.

    Again i appreciate any help

    submitted by /u/OldManCookies
    [link] [comments]

    weight fluctuation questions

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    So today´s my exercise routine was 60 minute HIIT, followed by 20 minutes weights and by a 8k cardio run.

    Got home at 19:00 weighted myself was at 97 kg.

    Ate nothing till dinner, at dinner ate 5 meatballs a little bit of pasta and drank water.

    At 23:00 weighted myself again was at 98.5 kg.

    Thats a 1.5 kg variation in 4 hours and i didnt even drank much water.

    Is this variation explained just by the water weight fluctuation or am i missing something ?

    I´ve been a bit obsessed with the scale lately trying to find out what works for me but sometimes it just doesnt make sense to me, i even got one of those digital scales that measures bmi, water weight and all those stats but this variation doesnt make sense to me.

    What I´ve found out so far on my journey is that the only way for me to lose weight is through diet, doesnt matter how much i run, or do weights or HIIT, to me is 90% diet and 10% exercise and eating after dinner is forbidden.

    I´ve ran in the past like 400 kilometers in 3 months among other exercise and moderate healthy eating with 0 effect on the scale.

    Idk honestly I´m confused and a little lost.

    submitted by /u/mouzz888
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a treadmill... now what?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Looking for some tips for treadmill use for an absolute beginner who is overweight with very poor cardio/fitness levels. Any YouTube videos or something I should look up? Are more frequent, shorter uses or longer but less frequent uses better? I'm not looking to run a marathon, just increase my overall fitness and energy levels and hopefully lose some weight. Also any foods or anything I should increase my intake of? (obviously heaps of water is a must) Thank you all in advance for any suggestions :)

    submitted by /u/Midna-Phobia
    [link] [comments]

    Understanding the Impact of Biomarkers

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    This may interest you. Just one more reason showing the lasting value of long-term strength training. https://www.jefit.com/exercise-tips/understanding-the-impact-of-biomarkers?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=SocialSnap

    submitted by /u/michaeljefit
    [link] [comments]

    Understanding the Impact of Biomarkers

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    This may interest you. Just one more reason showing the lasting value of long-term strength training. https://www.jefit.com/exercise-tips/understanding-the-impact-of-biomarkers?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=SocialSnap

    submitted by /u/michaeljefit
    [link] [comments]

    ??

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    Im 16 and wondering the best way to gain weigh as I'm fairy skinny but also a very fussy eater I have got some weight gainer but wondering if there's any other ways to gain weight.

    submitted by /u/Revolutionary_Safe98
    [link] [comments]

    Started with 10 minutes and it's still too hard. Is that normal? How do I make it even easier?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    I am 29 and very very not athletic. I am petite and not looking to lose any weight (5'2 and 95lbs) or even really care to necessarily gain muscle, I am just looking to (eventually) gain some endurance and the fringe benefits of exercise (better sleep, better over all health, etc).

    My friends like to do long bike rides (10, 20 miles), and while I've accompanied them I always feel like I am dragging ass the whole time while they are just having a leisurely time. I wanna be able to tag along and feel like I am not dying.

    I have access to a rowing machine and did a 10 minute work out this morning. I felt good while using it, but after I immediately felt like death and my first thought was, 'well I am never doing that again.'

    How to I ease into this? I don't want to go to hard and burn myself out, but I feel like 'okay I'll row for 10 minutes' was supposed to be a low bar lol.

    Is it normal for it to be this hard? Does it get better?

    submitted by /u/ordinary-use-account
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment