• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 23, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Good Treadmills for Heavier People

    Beginner Fitness: Good Treadmills for Heavier People


    Good Treadmills for Heavier People

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    First post on this r/. I am in the market for a treadmill for home use that has the capacity for a 300+ lbs person trying to lose weight. A lot of the treadmills I see have a 300 lbs capacity and I need something with a 350-400 lbs limit. With COVID-19, I do not want to risk going to the gym and potentially getting infected. A treadmill that is also affordable is also appreciated. Any recommendations? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Legally_a_Tool
    [link] [comments]

    A daily yoga practice to build Core

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Ideas for workouts that don't feel like 'working out'?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    I'm 22 and have been trying on and off to lose weight for a long time. I'm not overweight (my BMI is in the healthy range) but I'm not happy with my body. Because of body image issues and dysphoria, being too aware of my body can be really unpleasant, enough to stop me working out at all. I'm painfully inflexible, have terrible posture, autism-related sensory issues (so heat and sweat very quickly make me feel terrible) and no upper body strength whatsoever. My social anxiety stops me from exercising outdoors or anywhere other people can see me. I don't say all of this to complain; I'm sick of torturing myself with "work outs" that just make me miserable and haven't worked anyway. I know this is a "mindset issue," and I'm working on the anxiety and the body image stuff, but in the meantime, I'm working under the assumption that anything that gets my heart rate up is better than nothing.

    What I have so far:

    - walking

    - badminton with my young sister

    - dancing around my room like an idiot to my favourite music

    - star jumps and other simple aerobic exercises, when I can face them

    Badminton is rare since it relies on both of us being in the mood to play at the same time! Walking is becoming harder in the hot weather and with hayfever (medication is helping but there are still days when I just can't).

    Does anyone have any other ideas? Ideally advice from other trans and/or autistic people would help.

    submitted by /u/a-chilleus
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need to use belt while deadlifting?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Yes, For safety reason, you can use a waist belt because a waist belt can help create tension through the muscles to stabilize the spine and may protect your back and lumbar spine from any unwanted injuries or pain when you lift more weight. However, it is not necessary to use a belt while using low to moderate weights.

    You should start deadlifting as soon as possible because the deadlift is arguably one of the most effective resistance training. Deadlifts work on many muscles at once such as; hamstring, glutes, lower back as well as numerous synergist muscles in the upper body.

    submitted by /u/murshid_akram
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment