• Breaking News

    Friday, July 17, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 17, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 17, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 17, 2020

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Should I do multiple variations of a single exercise on the same day, or over the course of the week?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Let's say over the next few months I wanted to really focus on vertical pull exercises. I might add pull ups, chin ups, neutral grip pull ups, and also even close and wide grip variations as well. Would it be best to spend an entire day doing all of these, or mix them into my other workout routines over the course of a week or so?

    submitted by /u/shtery
    [link] [comments]

    Physique Phriday

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Physique Phriday thread

    What's the point of having people guess your body fat? Nevermind that it's the most inaccurate method available, (read: most likely way wrong - see here) you're still just putting an arbitrary number to the body you have. Despite people's claim that they are shooting for a number, they're really shooting for look - like a six pack.

    So let's stopping mucking around with trivialities and get to the heart of the matter. This thread shall serve two purposes:

    1. Physique critiques. Post some pics and ask about muscles or body parts you need to work on. Or specifically ask about a lagging body part and what exercises worked for others.
    2. An outlet for people that want to show off their efforts that would otherwise be removed due to Rule 4, and

    Let's keep things civil, don't be a creep, and adhere to Rule 1. This isn't a thread to announce what you find attractive in a mate. Please use the report function for any comments that are out of line.

    So phittit, what's your physique pheel like this phriday?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is it considered a partial rep if I don't lockout my elbows on the bench press?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    My problem is that if I fully lockout my elbows on the bench press - my shoulders instantly roll forward, ruining my set-up. But if I don't fully extend my arms, then I'm kind of not doing full range of motion, right? So that sucks too.

    I couldn't find a form videos that would address this issue, and google only comes up with "if you're locking out - you get a rest, so it's up to you if you want that or not", which is not what I'm looking for.

    So do you lockout your elbows on the bench press or not?

    submitted by /u/TheBarbellBear
    [link] [comments]

    Will doing IF on a diet break still yield the same benefits?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    I've been cutting for 16 weeks. I'm now taking a 3 week diet break where I eat at maintenance in order to give my mind and body a break and reset my hormones.

    Two of the objectives during a diet break is to bring cortisol down and leptin up. However, I've always preferred doing IF 20:4. I'm curious whether IF is stressful enough for the body to raise cortisol and be counterproductive to a diet break.

    submitted by /u/pythasaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Arms Shaky On Bench

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm 15 and I've been lifting pretty consistently for about a year. My arms have always been pretty shaky when holding the bar above my chest even on pretty low weights that I can do 10+ reps of easily. It's been happening since I started and never really went away, it's not really hindering me much but I'm just wondering why it might be. I like to consider myself pretty fit so I don't know why they shake so much. Any input appreciated!

    submitted by /u/JustASkrubb
    [link] [comments]

    Failed my 1RM on Bench today, next step/thoughts?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    So today was my max day after a training block specifically to up my bench. I did this same program earlier this year and I hit my goal (310lbs) and this time I ran it back with a goal of adding just the 5lbs... to ya know get that milestone three 45's on each side.

    Warm-up was as followed

    45lbs 1x15

    135 1x10

    185 1x5

    225 1x3

    255 1x1

    285 1x1

    315 1x1 failed

    315 1x1 failed (2nd try)

    285lbs went up so quick and fast I thought there was no way I'd miss my attempt. My wife who was spotting me said I was literally an inch away from locking it out on my 2nd attempt, but after I spent so much on my 1RM the minute I felt it stall I basically had her pull it the whopping inch. My CNS was spent though so I didn't think a 3rd attempt would have been safe.

    I guess my question is... I don't want to just immediately restart a program for the same number I was so close to. My week has been super stressful at work, a home bathroom renovation that's been a pain in the ass, so my cortisol is up and my rest has been pretty subpar. I should be able to get some good sleep friday night, and I was thinking of trying again on Saturday. I think I'm just looking for some encouragement and thoughts on what to do after failing a 1RM you trained hard for. I've been lifting long enough to know it's part of training, you fail, you get better etc... however I'm still pretty pissed and dejected right now. Was my warm-up too much, too little?

    Thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/gatorfan8898
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for female powerlifters to follow on Instagram.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I'm looking for women physically similar to me to be realistically inspired by. I'm 1.60 m (5ft 3), 64 kgs (140lb??). For now I just know megsquats, who I absolutely love. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/elenars
    [link] [comments]

    Can you tone up on the keto diet?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    I've lost 3 stone and I wasn't on any specific diet to be honest I was just eating pretty good and exercising loads and I managed to lose 3 stone, I still ate carbs and stuff as normal, recently I've noticed i am getting abs on my stomach just little indents but they are definitely there, I know you have to lose overall body weight for abs to show so I've been doing loads of planks and stuff along with my regular cardio/squats/weights, I just started doing keto and have lost a few more lbs will this help my abs show or will it not work?

    submitted by /u/Peachy1991
    [link] [comments]

    Best 6 day plan?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    Gday, I'm looking to start hitting the gym 6 days a week again. I'm a bit bored of my old routine and wondering if anyone has any good programs they could recommend. I'm not training for anything particular but run 3 times a week and will be doing a marathon in 4 months.

    submitted by /u/davieebuoy
    [link] [comments]

    Well on target fitness program

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Has anyone enrolled in the blue cross blue shield fitness program through your organization? Seems like it is $25/ month, Recently they changed a bunch of member options and I am confused regarding the 4 different plans. Can anyone elaborate on that? I am not able to view what the plans are nor am I able to change the current plan in their website.

    https://www.bcbsilforyourhealth.com/

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tivityhealth.prime.wellontarget

    submitted by /u/acemachine123
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on 2.7kg jump rope

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Hi, how good are heavy jump ropes, i found one around 2.7kg and 3m long, made of braided polyester

    It looks something like https://ibb.co/rm9YHWG

    Im looking to increase strength n lose fat at the same time

    submitted by /u/ang3237
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think my max squat would be?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    17 years old 160 lb here, been training with bulgarian split squats at home for the past couple months because of miss Rona shutting down the gyms and thought I'd test my max today. I got 180 lb on one leg for 8 reps. What do you guys think that would translate to for max squat?

    submitted by /u/haloaceassault58
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment