• Breaking News

    Friday, August 21, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 21, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 21, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 21, 2020

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    4 inch belt vs 3 inch belt for conventional deadlifts.

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Does anyone notice a different deadlifting with a 3 inch vs a 4 inch belt? I have an Inzer 10mm belt and I feel like maybe the belt is making my bottom position round and maybe I should get a 3 inch belt? I have a long torso and short legs.

    Or am I probably just looking too much into it and it could be other factors like belt position or stance width?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/herotohero
    [link] [comments]

    I'm pathetically weak, advice?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    (I'm Female, 5'4 and about 9 stone I'd say if any of that is relevant)

    Hello! I joined a 12 week challenge a gym in my area was doing, they set me up on meal plan and I go in 3x a week and it's like group personal training and they tell you what exercises to do.

    I've lost about a stone and my body fat has come down so the diet side is going well but the thing is I've never done strength training before and although I'm really enjoying it, I'm also pathetically weak and struggle even doing exercise with light weights, I can't even do one 'traditional' pushup.

    I think I would see more progress if I wasn't limited to 3 x a week, so I was thinking of getting some dumbells at home to build my strength when I am not in the gym. Do you think that's a good idea? Or is there anything else anyone could recommend anything else I could do to improve my strength at home? I'm so weak I can't even do one 'traditional' push up! Any advice on building my strength is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/OkTelephone3
    [link] [comments]

    Is Jeff nippards upper lower program a linear progression program?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    Just wondering as I ran stronglifts and nsuns and have pretty much milked all my linear progress. Jeff nippard program seems really interesting. I have looked at greg nucklos and 5/3/1 and they both seem really boring. When training I need something to look forward to but just wondering if that program is a lp.

    submitted by /u/Hardyz1000
    [link] [comments]

    Firefighters

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    I want to apply for becoming a firefighter, positions are available next January and next Summer and the testings consist of a 1.49mile(2.4km) run in 12 minutes or under and a 30meter sprint in under 4.5seconds or under.

    I am a 21y old male, 1.72cm tall and carry around 85-90kg of weight, mascular frame but i also carry a lot of fat, that's the first issue i have because in order to be eligible to apply i need to be atleast 74kg(for BMI, right now my BMI says obese, normal is atleast 74).

    Second issue is that i can barely run 0.49miles(933m) in 5minutes27seconds, that was like my best run till now with nothing left in the tank and i tap out, i usually have 0.29miles(466m) in like 2minutes44seconds with some left in the tank i wanna hope, and tap out.

    It's really frustrating because i lose motivation due to the fact that i can't run shit right now, not even half the required distance, and in pretty bad times for each run so i was wondering,

    If i do all right and lose all that weight, will i be close to my target, or even reach it? Other than dieting, what kinds of training should i do? High interval? Only go for runs? Do consequent runs in one go? Lift weights?

    Thanks Guys!

    submitted by /u/NailGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Physique Phriday

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Physique Phriday thread

    What's the point of having people guess your body fat? Nevermind that it's the most inaccurate method available, (read: most likely way wrong - see here) you're still just putting an arbitrary number to the body you have. Despite people's claim that they are shooting for a number, they're really shooting for look - like a six pack.

    So let's stopping mucking around with trivialities and get to the heart of the matter. This thread shall serve two purposes:

    1. Physique critiques. Post some pics and ask about muscles or body parts you need to work on. Or specifically ask about a lagging body part and what exercises worked for others.
    2. An outlet for people that want to show off their efforts that would otherwise be removed due to Rule 4, and

    Let's keep things civil, don't be a creep, and adhere to Rule 1. This isn't a thread to announce what you find attractive in a mate. Please use the report function for any comments that are out of line.

    So phittit, what's your physique pheel like this phriday?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Need help for T Rex arms

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    I went to the gym for the first time in a while. I did biceps and chest on Tuesday and now both my arms are stuck at 90° and hurts like hell when I straighten them. Any advice or help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Evil22565
    [link] [comments]

    How the hell do calories work

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    So I'm fairly new to the whole fitness game. I've been going to the gym on and off for a few years, but only recently have started taking it more seriously. I'd categorize myself as skinny-fat. Right now, I'd like to cut to reduce my body fat a little and then start bulking in like 8 weeks.

    I understand I need a calory deficit. Using some online calculators, I figured out my TDEE is at around 2700 kcal. Cutting 500 kcal results in an intake of 2200 kcal per day.

    As for macros, I read I should go for something like this: 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, around 20% of calories with fat and the rest with carbs. For me, this would result in 155g protein, 50g fat and 282g carbs.

    To track my nutrition, I'm using the "MyFitnessPal" app. I entered all the values I calculated, and tracked everything I had planned to eat today in advance to see where that would get me.

    The thing is: I'm trying to reach my goals in carbs, fats and proteins. However, if I add up the calories of the macros I would have today, I get like 400 kcal less than what the app tells me. Is that due to other nutrients such as fiber? I'm kind of confused because I thought fiber would just be a kind of carb, but the app lists it seperately.

    So, when I reach my macros for the day, I'm suddenly in a calory surplus. What?

    I'd appreciate any help you can give a newbie.

    submitted by /u/Whooleey
    [link] [comments]

    Is this sufficient for leg day?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    Sorry I cant see the daily thread so I'm unsure if this post is legit or not.

    Anyway simple Q: I only do squats and deadlift on leg day. Is this enough? obviously they're both big, all-encompassing exercises.

    Would be intrigued to hear peoples views.

    Merci

    submitted by /u/dbrodes
    [link] [comments]

    Changing routine slightly so you don’t get used to one

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    I've always read that you should switch up your routine after a couple weeks. I've never actually done. This. I do however change the reps and weight every once in a while. Is this good enough to avoid a plateau?

    submitted by /u/jwv0922
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from SL to 5/3/1

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    Hi all, I'm switching from stronglifts to 531 and currently looking at the "Wendler 5/3/1 log" app, what I'm wanting to know is which parts of the workout should I be doing? There seems to be optional accessory workouts included on the screen for each session so should I attempt all of the default ones that show up right off the bat or can someone recommend which to do? Thanks

    submitted by /u/LaikaY
    [link] [comments]

    I train my legs as often as possible but i never felt strain on my butt muscle?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    leg is my favorite muscle. I like feeling faster when running or swimming but I just noticed that my butt rarely if ever got cramps or strain after a workout. Maybe I need to put extra weight to start feeling the workout on my butt? I avoid using more than I can easily handle because my knee sucks.

    submitted by /u/manbel13
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be counting 0 calorie beverages/ walden farms syrup in my diet?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    They are often less than maybe 3-4 calories per serving and I eat about 1200 calories a day. Will this cause fat gain if I am exercising often?

    submitted by /u/I_hate_artillery
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment