• Breaking News

    Friday, May 22, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 22, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 22, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 22, 2020

    Posted: 22 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about water rowing machines.

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Been putting on some weight during quarantine and have been looking at water rowers to get in some decent cardio. Does any one have any experience with these and have some they would recommend? Lots of information and mixed reviews,l. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/stereosalvation
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to increase the difficulty of Press Ups?

    Posted: 22 May 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    I've been working out from home cause of quarantine, and with the lack of equipment I try and get as many press ups into the workout as possible (I do 4 sets of a given exercise like bicep curls, shoulder press, lat raises etc and in-between those sets I do press ups) when I started a couple of months ago I would really struggle to do 20 good form press ups, now I can do 4x20 in-between sets of another exercise.

    I know you have to keep increasing difficulty to keep benefiting from an exercise so what should I do? Can I just keep adding more reps? Should I add weight/resistance band or should I do different styles of press ups?

    Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Arexz
    [link] [comments]

    Physique Phriday

    Posted: 22 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Physique Phriday thread

    What's the point of having people guess your body fat? Nevermind that it's the most inaccurate method available, (read: most likely way wrong - see here) you're still just putting an arbitrary number to the body you have. Despite people's claim that they are shooting for a number, they're really shooting for look - like a six pack.

    So let's stopping mucking around with trivialities and get to the heart of the matter. This thread shall serve two purposes:

    1. Physique critiques. Post some pics and ask about muscles or body parts you need to work on. Or specifically ask about a lagging body part and what exercises worked for others.
    2. An outlet for people that want to show off their efforts that would otherwise be removed due to Rule 4, and

    Let's keep things civil, don't be a creep, and adhere to Rule 1. This isn't a thread to announce what you find attractive in a mate. Please use the report function for any comments that are out of line.

    So phittit, what's your physique pheel like this phriday?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Question for qualification to be a coach

    Posted: 22 May 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    Hi , I'm 22 yrs old. I was thinking to becoming a coach someday ( to help people for their fitness goals)

    I already some "ENOUGH" knowlegde when it comes up to fitness like "how to lose fat", "how to build muscle". But I'm still studying And I learning things in the Fitnesss Industry. And I really want to help people to change their body and mindset.

    Downside is, I still don't have that "physique" to be considered as a coach. Is that a hindrance to becoming one someday? And how can I start?

    Thank you for your answers

    submitted by /u/yting098
    [link] [comments]

    Hepburn solution clarification

    Posted: 22 May 2020 03:09 AM PDT

    For the Hepburn Solution's Progression should it be

    Power phase: 5x1 working up to 8x1 Pump phase: 6x3 working up to 6x5

    Does this mean that in the t-nation example workout section from the link in the /r/fitness faq there's a typo?

    In the example they've written

    Power phase: 8x2 I thought for the power phase you only increase the number of sets rather than reps? Pump phase: 3x6 3 sets of 6 reps rather than 6 sets of 3 reps?

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    submitted by /u/Eddiwar
    [link] [comments]

    Will doing two shorter workouts per day decrease cortisol release?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I've read that long workouts (about 40 minutes and longer) can lead to a release of cortisol. Will doing two ~30 minute workouts rather than one long one prevent that cortisol release? Is the cortisol release even significant enough to worry about?

    submitted by /u/ribeyesNcornbread
    [link] [comments]

    Calorie counting with mainly sedentary day but exercise 9 - 12 hours a week

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    This is a bit long so there is a TLDR. I count my calories and run a PPLx2 program. I like making sure everythings on point so I'd rather calculate calories(i have been for 6 months for weight training and previously for a year when i was losing weight). Now that that is out of the way i was wondering how i should calculate my cutting calories. Most of the calculators say Active lifestyle! although i work out 6 days a week with heavy to moderate weight (4-15 reps depending on exercise and close to or to failure) and each workout is about 1;30-2 hours, my day consists of sitting around other then that(courtesy of quarantine). So i'm not sure how to input that i have a sedentary lifestyle but workout around 9-12 hours a week. Also, my rest periods for heavy compounds are 3-4 and hypertrophy exercises are 1-2 so how does that work. I'm really just looking for a calculator that takes into account people who live a lazy lifestyle asides from working out(not an active day job, only working out) i've used different calculators, most give me 3000 tdee but some give me 2500.

    TLDR: , live a sedentary lifestyle asides working out 9-12 hours a week 6 days a week. Want a calorie calculator that separates job activity and exercise activity

    submitted by /u/dirtysodaspritelee
    [link] [comments]

    Renewed strength - keep cutting?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    So I have been lifting weights for around 15 years on and off with a few years break. After getting older With less time, I began doing only fullbody workouts 2-3 times pr week.

    My children are now so old that I am able to workout most evenings.

    I have chosen to start a split, which I have been doing the last week or two.

    My strength is increasing dramatically at the moment - even though I am cutting Down for the summer.

    My question is: Do you Think it would be better for me to go on a bulk to make the most of my renewed strength, or should I keep to my program? Do I lose out on too much muscle gain, if I keep cutting?

    My bodyfat is by mirror-estimation around 15% right now.

    submitted by /u/Aratreyu
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I not seeing results after 6 weeks of intense training?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    I'm 15F, and I'm trying to make my abs more defined. I've been doing intense core workouts every other day and I run 4 times a week. I eat pretty healthily too. I've been doing this for around 6 weeks now.

    I'm not really seeing improvement to be honest. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Lily422
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment