• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 24, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 24, 2020

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is breaking up a set into more sets with a short break in between almost the same as keeping it as one set in terms of effectiveness?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    For example, I can't do 6 push-ups in a row (I know, I'm working on my upper body strength), but I can do 2 sets of 3 pushups with a break of 1-2 minutes in between without my form deteriorating.

    Or, I can't do a full 60 second plank, but maybe if I break it up into 2 30 second planks, I will be able to go all out on each of them without having to worry too much about endurance fatigue.

    So is it worth it to break it up like that? Or does it defeat the purpose, and I should stick to doing the maximum reps/duration I can without breaks and losing form?

    submitted by /u/fullofregrets2009
    [link] [comments]

    Physique Phriday

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Physique Phriday thread

    What's the point of having people guess your body fat? Nevermind that it's the most inaccurate method available, (read: most likely way wrong - see here) you're still just putting an arbitrary number to the body you have. Despite people's claim that they are shooting for a number, they're really shooting for look - like a six pack.

    So let's stopping mucking around with trivialities and get to the heart of the matter. This thread shall serve two purposes:

    1. Physique critiques. Post some pics and ask about muscles or body parts you need to work on. Or specifically ask about a lagging body part and what exercises worked for others.
    2. An outlet for people that want to show off their efforts that would otherwise be removed due to Rule 4, and

    Let's keep things civil, don't be a creep, and adhere to Rule 1. This isn't a thread to announce what you find attractive in a mate. Please use the report function for any comments that are out of line.

    So phittit, what's your physique pheel like this phriday?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How full should I feel while bulking?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    I'm trying to lean bulk and my calculations say I should be eating 3275 calories however when I eat that much I sometimes even feel hungry before bed which I find strange seeing as before I was on a functional deficit of 2500cals. Now I've upped it to 3500 but I don't feel terribly full which is making me wonder if this means I'm maintaining instead of growing. I think I may have hit the sweet spot yet I'm unsure let me know what y'all think

    submitted by /u/ernestofit
    [link] [comments]

    Is my chest supposed to feel tight after deadlifts?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    I'm currently running the candito linear program today and today was lower body with squats and deadlifts

    After a few sets of pause deadlifts, I felt my left chest pec feel a bit sore and tight. I use a mixed grip with my left hand facing outward but I'm not sure why my chest feels a bit sore after 'leg day'

    I do conventional deadlifts and my friends say I'm not rounding my back or doing really anything wrong - 100kg for 3 sets of 4 beltless is quite light for me when my Max is 180kg.

    Not sure why my chest was affected so here trying to get some opinions and advice.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/maplenew60
    [link] [comments]

    Protein cookies, what do you guys like?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    I had a protein cookie a few weeks ago that was amazing, and didn't look at the wrapper unfortunately. What are some of your favorites?

    Currently eye'ing up:

    • Simply Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
    • Quest Chocolate Chip Cookies

    I'm okay with a bit of a higher calorie or sugar count for better cookies as well

    submitted by /u/devilmonk7402
    [link] [comments]

    Kneeling press or seated (backless) press for a low ceiling

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    Hi, my lifting space wont allow for standing overhead press (at all, my hands touch the ceiling)

    In the interest of building the strongest press possible with a low ceiling would you rather do:

    a seated press like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhCNJy_Td7U

    or a kneeling press:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebmO_4pfVc

    which is more helpful if the goal is getting strong? Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/RemoteYoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have any good workout plans for a 5”7 150lb 14yr?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    I just got this great power tower, so I can workout at home. I was wondering if anyone had any good workout plans for someone who just got into fitness? I'm set for cardio already, just looking for muscle building plans

    submitted by /u/UltraConstructor
    [link] [comments]

    I need workout advice

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    In 15 years old and I'm underweight for my age what workout routine will help me and what do I need to do in order to gain weight

    submitted by /u/ARGENT_VEGA
    [link] [comments]

    What can I add for the second day of my 2 day workout routine?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    First off, I know a 2 day routine is sub-optimal, but it is where I am right now.

    I have lifted on and off for years, with and without personal trainers, and just recently bought a home gym. I've got a squat/bench rack, bench that can angle for crunches or incline, bar for pull/chin-ups, space for dead-lifting, and dumbbells.

    Currently I am getting back into shape by doing a fullbody routine I threw together myself, consisting of my favorite workouts:

    • Squat 3x10
    • Deadlift 3x10
    • Bench 3x10
    • Not sure the English name, but standing with barbell pushing straight up in front of head 3x10
    • Dumbell row (one hand and knee on bench, pull straight up, one side at a time) 3x10
    • Pull ups as many as I can, 1 set.

    I can't do enough pullups for proper sets yet, usually only can get 6 or 8 then i'm dead.

    I do all of these in one day, so I am looking to add a second day in. I may move squat or deadlift to the second day, and add a bicep curl. Also I need something for ab I think but I hate situps :)

    Is there any other muscle group I'm missing or should add to balance it out? Or anything else I should move around? Thank you for helping!

    submitted by /u/crybllrd
    [link] [comments]

    I never thought pre workout could help so much

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    I always loved going to the gym for the first 8 months ish but after that I have always half assed in the gym not really motivated or pushing hard. But recently I bought a pre workout (thors hammer mjölner) and for the first time in some months Im really motivated and look forward to going to the gym. Just wanted to share incase someone is experiencing the same thing

    submitted by /u/trowaway2772726
    [link] [comments]

    Help me getting started with a diet

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    Guys I'm about to start calorie deficit diet so can guys help me on what nutrients should I take more ? Like carbs,protein and???? Make a list please or an article link or video link will be appreciated! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/xpvtcherry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment