• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 13, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: What I have learned over 1.5 years of my fitness journey from going obese to fit to shredded naturally.

    Beginner Fitness: What I have learned over 1.5 years of my fitness journey from going obese to fit to shredded naturally.


    What I have learned over 1.5 years of my fitness journey from going obese to fit to shredded naturally.

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    Here I will try to cover every important aspect of both fatloss and muscle gain as short as possible haha:

    A half and a year ago I was obese (like BMI 32 Obese). Over lockdown I lost 55 lbs in about 8 months through proper dieting and cardio. Then I got into bodybuilding. So I started lifting and I gained about 15 pounds of lean muscle in about 4.5 months (newbie gains...I guess).

    From the start of my getting in shape journey, I had no personal trainer. So I relied a lot...like a lot on YouTube and verified research papers on the net.

    So this is what I learned. Yes. It is true that there are somatotypes. But it is more like a spectrum than just 3 categories. Some people has high tendency to get fat. Some people cannot put on either muscle or fat easily at all. And some are born with really good genetics that can both easily loose fat and can easily gain muscle.

    So... Here's the fun part...no matter your somatotype ..the mechanism of both fatloss and muscle gain is same for all!!!

    Wanna lose weight? By the end of the day you have to be in a calorie deficit no matter what you eat. Say your BMR is about 1800 cals. So you have to both cut down the cals by healthy amount like 300-500( that you feel comfortable enough with). PLEASE DON'T CUT TOO MUCH AND MAINTAIN A BALANCE BETWEEN THE MACROS.Do cardio( the best form of cardio is steady state low-moderate intense type from my own experience) like going for a jog for 20 minutes etc.Now important tip... DON'T DO FUCKING YOGA TO GET FIT. Your literal aim is to burn calories. Yoga is good but to burn calories.. going for a 30 minute walk is better than a 30 minutes yoga session.

    I also tried bodyweight exercises to put up some muscle too. Overtime you will see results for sure in fatloss. But doing body weight only exercises like pushups/ pullups...you will gain some strength but not that much muscle.

    For decent muscle growth..you have to include protein atleast per gram per kg body weight and lift weights with a proper plan (like during the week when to hit the back, the chest, legs, shoulders etc)atleast 4-5 times a week with progressive overload ( like say you did 4 sets each of 20 reps of dumbbell bench presses, so the next day try adding a few more reps in the last set). You can also be in a calorie deficit to lose fat and also gain muscles doing this if you want to.

    Here's the hardest part: consistency. So in order to not drop that calorie deficit diet within a week or to stop doing cardio, find what you enjoy and stick to it. Find low calories high protein tasty recipes over the net to stick to. Do something fun for cardio like soccer, tennis, badminton or any similar sport to not feel burned by doing the same old jogging.

    I have been able to keep my body fat percentage at 14% since lifting (so about 4.5 months now) following these simple tricks.

    Bonus:

    Who to look for information about fatloss or muscle gain on youtube if you are a beginner or intermediate or advaced (that I look up to): People like Greg Douchette, Sean Nalewanyj, Jeff Nippard, Alpha destiny, Geoffrey Verity Schofield...the list is much longer but as a beginner you will learn like 99.9 percent about both bodybuilding and fatloss following them.

    Whom should you never listen to: People like Jeff Cavalier, Cris Haria, Jeff seid, Vshred ...basically those who gives you 6-minute belly fat burning over night workouts or gain a inch of biceps in 22 days type and almost every Gym shark sponsor (With a tinsy bit of exceptions) hahaha.

    Also, Never fall for that 'intermittent fasting or prolonged water fasting bullshit'. They will make you fall in the yo-yo dieting path, where you gain some weight then lose it..then again gain more by binging and the circle never ends. Follow a consistent cut. That you can follow. That will lead you to a healthy weight that you can easily maintain.

    One last important advice...no matter what your goal is, either fatloss or muscle gain.. always be properly hydrated.

    submitted by /u/Chads18thdad
    [link] [comments]

    beginning to run

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:33 PM PDT

    My name is unknown. I started a conversation with my boyfriend about working out I do have resistant bands but I really don't feel like they do much, unless I'm using them wrong. I squat with them and I do lunges with them.By the end of next week I know we will be running I have asthma and scoliosis and yes he is aware of both but I still want to work out and run I know I should talk to my doctor about it before starting but I don't see him until next month. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or tricks

    submitted by /u/pettysauce-
    [link] [comments]

    6 day a week PPL at home?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    So, I'm a total beginner when it comes to working out, other than occasionally going to my friends home gym, with no real plan. I want to start doing a 6 day a week ppl, but everyone I look at always had a lat pull down, leg press, ect. All that stuff is unattainable to me. I have dumbells, a pull up bar, weights, an ez curl bar, and that's about it. What is the best ppl with limited equipment that i could stick to for the next couple of months? Thanks

    submitted by /u/gary_the_puma
    [link] [comments]

    Workout ideas

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    First time poster here and on mobile so excuse the formatting.

    I'm starting to get back into working out at home (fell on and off various times) and now have a brief idea of what workouts I like to do for each section of the body. The problem is that IDK many tricep workouts and would like some input as to what I can incorporate. Working with a couple of dumbbells, a kettlebell, and a bench. Thanks in advance!!!

    submitted by /u/Wizenguitar856
    [link] [comments]

    Would you ever go for a run on a first date?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    Amazonian workout

    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    I'm a complete beginner but my goal is to look like an Amazon woman, not too bulky but definitely strobe, toned and sexy. Any good routines?

    submitted by /u/lex-is
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment