• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: How to overcome thoughts of just being unable to ever be fit or have cardiovascular endurance

    Beginner Fitness: How to overcome thoughts of just being unable to ever be fit or have cardiovascular endurance


    How to overcome thoughts of just being unable to ever be fit or have cardiovascular endurance

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I'm 38 and relatively tall (6'4).

    I feel like I've wasted my height by being a slob the last few years. I've gained 20 lbs. since Coronavirus started, but I've been overweight and obese since college, getting progressively heavier. I just weighed in at 300lbs and I'm disappointed in myself.

    I want to start a new training program, I'm thinking of just going to a boxing gym and joining instead of trying to gradually get back into fitness, because doing things gradually has not worked the last few years. Before Coronavirus I was kind of regularly going to lift weights and play basketball once a week, and that helped me to at least not increase weight, but I wasn't losing weight.

    The problem: I am beset by this notion in my mind that I will fail at fitness because I am just not athletic.

    Even when I was in high school, I wasn't considered to be "athletic." I wasn't inactive, I actually played on my high school basketball and football teams, and I was good enough to start on the basketball team, but I was never a good/fast runner and I was considered clumsy so I have it in my head that I just don't have the endurance to run.

    How do I dispel this negative thinking? Am I even mentally in the right place, is it that some people just aren't meant to be able to run a lot or have cardiovascular endurance?

    I'm worried that I'll start this new boxing program and do it for a month, but then I'll just stop, like I always do, because the results aren't fast enough and I get discouraged by a lack of great progress.

    I'm tired of being this way but it's hard for me to think of excuses when I start an exercise I find challenging; it's hard to quiet the part of mind telling me to stop because I'll just fail in the end.

    submitted by /u/One_Establishment778
    [link] [comments]

    A 20 min Morning Yoga practice to help you start your day! Stretch and strengthen! Bring energy to the body and rejuvenate the nervous system! Let me know how it goes.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Do you have knee pain and needed to strengthen your glutes that is safe your your knees? This is a 4 Pilates Glutes Workout Knee Friendly No Jumping and Squats Program Glutes Focused Pilates Workout For a Stronger Back and Posture

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    i'm slim but i have an ENORMOUS tummy?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    like it's constantly pregnant looking while the rest of me is fairly skinny

    how do i fix this lol, my diet is fine?

    submitted by /u/smrnnm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment