• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 25, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 25, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 25, 2020

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Full dumbbell chest workout?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    I would like to know whether anybody here has a 3 exercise workout for all 3 chest muscles to do with dumbbells that don't require a bench (So no incline). I know that push-ups are a good but I'm uncertain about the muscle activation and I would like an all around chest builder.

    Reps and sets would be good to include>

    Edit: I'm mainly upper chest workouts.

    submitted by /u/UnknownBart
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    If 10-20 sets per week are optimal, why is everyone on insta doing 20 sets per workout?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    For example my push day would look something like this: -5x5 bench -4x8 ohp -3x10 incline -3x12 pec dec SS 3x12 cable lat raise -3x12 dips SS 3x12 cable lat raise -3x12 overhead extensions

    On instagram i see something like this: -4x12 bench -4x15 incline db flyes -4x12 incline db press -4x12 ohp -4x12 chest press -4x12 decline cable flyes -4x15 front raise -5x15 lateral raise -4x15 pushdowns -4x15 overhead extensions -4x15 skullcrushers

    isn't that just way too much volume?

    submitted by /u/Kenchikka00
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Lat Activation

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I can not for the life of me seem to get solid lat activation. Whenever I try to target my lats (pullups, pullovers, rows, etc.) it goes straight to my rear delts or somewhere else. How can I build a stronger mind-muscle connection? Are there any exercises to recommend?

    submitted by /u/334322145
    [link] [comments]

    Dip rack good for home?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    I'm in 40s trying to gain muscle in my home gym garage with limited space. I have a bench with bow flex dumbbells and resistance bands. I'm thinking my next equipment would be a dip rack where I can do pull ups, dips, and leg lifts. It can fit somewhat nicely around the workout bench. Any thoughts and recommendations?

    submitted by /u/codeswithcoffee
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on a pathetic bench

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Hi, i struggle to bench 135 lbs. I can't even do 3 full sets, last workout i only did one set of 5, and it was grindy as hell, failed on the third rep on the next set, and the last one i switched to 130 lbs because i didn't had a spotter. My routine is GreySkull, and i'm sure it's not a nutrition problem, because i gain weight, and my squat and deadlift keep improving, ohp came to a stall at 110 lbs (i eat around 3200 calories a day, plenty of protein (190g)).

    So, it might be form related or i lack volume?

    Here are some things i know i should do:

    1. Retract scapula. I try to do it, but during the last reps i seem to go flat on the bench again, i have no idea why but as soon as the weight gets difficult to push i don't think about the scapula anymore. How do i fix this?

    2. Arch back. Same as before, as soon as the weight seems heavy i forget about everything except pushing the weight off my chest.

    3. Bar path. I have this problem with the empty bar tbh, i can't get the bar at the same spot everytime, i don't know why, plus it feels unstable no matter the weight.

    4. Push my legs into the floor. Same as 1 and 2, as soon as the weight feels heavy i don't do it anymore.

    I also lose a lot of tightness while unracking, i have to take my ass of the bench to be able to unrack the bar, otherwise i can't pull it over my chest.

    submitted by /u/iamspartacus111
    [link] [comments]

    Lifts have taken a Huge hit only two months in to cutting?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    • weight: 85kg
    • height: 5ft 9
    • age: 21
    • 85kg OHP
    • 140kg bench,
    • 190kg squat,
    • 250kg deadlift

    I've bulked and cut a few times across the years but this cut specifically seems to have destroyed my strength. It's pretty demotivating and I've not experienced it like this before. It feels like my arms are unstable on anything above 100kg when benching and I was barely able to deadlift 200kg today. Lifting just feels garbage right now.

    I expect strength loss on a cut but it feels like a ridiculous amount in such a short period of time and I'm really not sure why, is it likely just a temporary slump/any advice on how to prevent this draining my mental so much?

    submitted by /u/Throwws32
    [link] [comments]

    How do you calculate calories on food items which don’t have any nutritional information?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    I am at a pretty comfortable place of calorie counting i've been at around 1000-1200 calories a day for the past month (may sound weak but it's pretty impressive for me lol!) and i've given myself a fast food cheat day around once a week. however only the big brands such as mcdonalds etc publish their nutritional info.. and i'd much rather eat at independent smaller places who don't calculate their calories on the menu. is there any tips you could give me which could help to estimate how much these foods would have in them nutritionally?

    submitted by /u/lewis150042
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good price for buying used weights?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    I'm just getting into fitness. The last 2 months I've started running and doing pushups and similar workouts. I'm interested in getting a weight set but I don't have a ton of money so I'm looking used. What would fair price for used or is there any decent bit cheap stood I can get new? I'm in Canada.

    I'm looking on Kijiji and I found this sweet but it just says price is negotiable. What should I offer.

    Price is negotiable. Includes: - 1 Barbell - 2 Dumbbells - 1 50lb weight plate -2 35lb weight plates -4 25lb weight plates -4 10lb weight plates -3 3lb weight plates -4 2.5lb weight plates

    submitted by /u/PuddingOfYourDreams
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the 16/8 split and would it be good for me

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm a 22 years old male, I am currently cutting to lose some bodyfat. I am doing this while trying to maintain as much as weight as I can. Would you recommend the 16/8 split for me? What would be the benefits and negatives for someone like me. I am doing a good 45 minutes a day 6 days a week cardio session and then a heavy weight session 5 times a week. I'm kind of new to all of this so any advise would be amazing thank you!

    submitted by /u/ImRichaThanu
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    anyone knows about a good band for full body exercises?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:39 PM PDT

    I've searched so much on Ebay and other sites and didn't find a good one... if you have any specific type that you can recommend me I would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/DepressedZuko
    [link] [comments]

    Excerise benches

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    I want to buy a excerise bench but the user rating is 90kg. I am weighing 110kg. What does the user rating mean when it comes to benches. I cannot find a simple answer on Google.

    submitted by /u/MuchAcanthopterygii
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing with burnout/fatigue

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:48 AM PDT

    I've spent the last few years since quitting booze getting in great shape. eating really well, lifting, mma workouts, body weight workouts, jumping rope and lately I've just felt a burnout out of nowhere and am kind of struggling and forcing myself to just do a 45 minute lifting session. How have you dealt with fatigue and a diminished passion for working out in the past?

    submitted by /u/EvanMG23
    [link] [comments]

    Did quite an intense leg routine two days ago. Now my left foot is tingling whenever I walk. What should I do?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    Question is in the title. So I did a leg workout two days ago. Mn quadriceps have been thoroughly activated and I still feel them alot. However, when I woke up this morning my left foot starts tingling whenever I walk around. Should I do something with that or just wait until it's gone again?

    submitted by /u/Piedro92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment