• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 14, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 14, 2020

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any study if it's better to workout before you go to bed or when you first wake up?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    I work third shift 11 pm to 7 am, I usually lift after work but I want to know what better for the body in the long run or if it makes a difference.

    submitted by /u/NuckingFormie
    [link] [comments]

    Pros/cons of full rack vs. squat rack?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    You're going to have to forgive my total ignorance - I've been a dumbbell person my entire life (currently Bowflex 560, a wall-mounted pull up bar, and TRX bands). I'm looking at getting a rack, but I'm unsure what I'd gain in getting a full rack vs. a sqaut rack.

    There are the two I'm looking at: Titan T-2 Series Power Rack or the Titan T-3 Series Squat Stand.

    A squat stand I get - do squats and pullups. If I put a bench underneath it, I could presumably also do bench presses and such? So if that's the case, I'm curious what else a full rack gets me, unless it's unsafe to try bench/incline presses with the squat rack?

    Never looked into something this big/fully featured before, so I appreciate your help.

    EDIT: Y'all have been INCREDIBLY helpful. Thank you for all of your expertise!

    submitted by /u/SoMuchLasagna
    [link] [comments]

    5/3/1 BBB assistance lifts

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    Hey, I decided to start a 5/31 BBB program instead of my classic push/pull/leg routine.

    I am really excited but there some things that give me headache and I know theres been loads of threads about this but theres still things i dont really get.

    I know I should do 25-50 of pull/push/single legs/abs efter each the BBB sets.

    But for example, after doing the 5/3/1 sets and the BBB sets should i do another 50 reps of push exercises? Also say the day after I have done the 5/3/1 sets and the BBB sets the program wants me to do another 50 push exercieses?
    I mean after for example benching 3+5 sets the chest should be sore and need rest, not doing 50 more reps the day after?
    Same goes that on the squat day, people want you to do 100 reps of tricep exentions and then have a bench day the day after.

    I guess im used to letting the muscle rest 2 days at least after being worked hard, or am I missing something?

    Thanks alot!

    submitted by /u/Jenslolxd
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Fitness Pro-Tips Megathread!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Monthly Fitness Pro-Tips Megathread!

    This thread is for sharing quick tips (don't you dare call them hacks, that word is stupid) about training, equipment use, nutrition, or other fitness connected topics that have improved your fitness experience.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my squat so weak?!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    M26 175cm 81kg

    Hello,

    I am not sure what's wrong with my squat and hope to get professional answer/help here. Last year in October I started lifting in a commercial gym and I am doing mostly squats, deadlifts, benchpresses, overhead presses, rows and pull ups.

    I progressed well imo. From basically nothing to

    6x100kg ATG (paused) squats 6x100kg Benchpress 4x140kg deadlift 6x60kg overhead press 10x80kg row 8 x pull up with 10kg weight

    All exercises always in full depths and full range of motion, no belts, sleeves and not even weightlifting shoes. Just me in my shorts and t-shirt.

    You probably noticed: my squat is weak. And I don't know why. I don't skip my squats. I have had mobility issues and I work on them, my squats feel pretty nice in the last couple weeks but it's still so weak. My vertical jump has always (even when younger) been a weakness and I am wondering if I am just genetically extremely unlucky when it comes to legs or if I am doing something wrong, because my legs are BIG. Swole and big with LOTS of stretch marks at inner thighs but so weak. I just don't understand it.

    I will probably go lift today evening and film a video of my squats maybe with 100-90kg if that will help.

    Any advise is greatly appreciated. As mentioned I seem to have had weak legs even as a teen when I remember physical education in school (like high jump over crossbar) which was kinda surprising and disappointing to myself and my friends because I was fairly fit and doing jiu-jitsu and muay-thai at that time. My kicks weren't bad either.

    As a side info I started lifting end of last year because I have spend the past years sitting on my ass at my desk for college and got weak, fat and lazy.

    submitted by /u/aimfoain
    [link] [comments]

    About long workouts

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Hi! I was just wondering if having workouts around 75 min will affect my testosterone? I heard that you should try to stay around 45 min but my Upper days have between 18 to 21 sets and I tend to take rests of 2-3 min for my heavy exercises. I'm exhausted after my workouts and I just wanted to know if my testosterone is affected, thank you!

    submitted by /u/5cm_is_enough
    [link] [comments]

    exercise beginner

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    hi everyone i started doing push ups and other kind of exercise , after first time my muscles hurt pretty bad and i can't move them as fast as before, is it normal? if yes what should i do?do i have to do a another stretch or something?

    submitted by /u/kia0071
    [link] [comments]

    What puts you at a higher risk of injury - doing high reps with moderate weight or doing submaximal or maximal reps with high weight?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    For example, let's say I can do 30 squats with 225 lbs and 10 reps with 315 lbs. What will put me at a higher risk of injury - doing 5 sets of 225 (total volume 80-100 reps) or doing 5 sets with 315 (total volume 30-40 reps)?

    submitted by /u/Maecenas23
    [link] [comments]

    Adduction and abduction machine, Worth it the time for leg size?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    How important are the leg/thigh adduction and abduction machines for size of the upper legs? My understanding is that the adductor muscle group is fairly large (e.g., adductor magnus), but I don't see either exercise in many routines. For someone looking for thigh size, would they be better off doing an extra set of a quad and hamstrings focused exercise? Should these machines be done perhaps not every workout, but maybe on alternating leg days or once a week?

    For reference, the adduction machine I'm talking about looks like this, and the abduction is similar with the only difference being that the pads are on the outside of the knee and you push out.

    submitted by /u/Merforga
    [link] [comments]

    Is it smart to work out while not eating anything for a few days?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Sorry, this might be the wrong sub. My friend challenged me to not eat anything for 4 days in a row. We started today but I do wanna work out in between. Is it dangerous to do that? Is it even worth it? I have no clue

    submitted by /u/BenSupportsPrejudice
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ok to alternate between Calisthenics and weight lifting weekly?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    I've heard that it's a standard to stick with a program for at least 8 weeks before changing. But there are many skills i want to learn such as pull ups and handstands. So is 1 week of weights then another of Calisthenics okay.

    (Always been healthy and athletic, thin but now have bulked up a bit, 3 months experience in the gym before quarantine)

    submitted by /u/mia2000n
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment