• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 1, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 01, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 01, 2021


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - April 01, 2021

    Posted:

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it. Rule #0 still applies in this thread.

    Also, there's a handy search function to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search r/Fitness by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to check first are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    If you are posting a routine critique request, make sure you follow the guidelines for including enough detail.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk, chit-chat, jokes, memes, "Dear Diary" type comments, shitposting, or non-fitness questions. It is for fitness questions only, and only those that are serious.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Maintaining good results and progress

    Posted:

    I M(28)(5'11) had a massive health kick at the start of the year and thankfully it has gone quite well. Toward the end of last year (November?) I was hovering around 85kg and badly over weight. Just last week I have weighed in at 74kg after taking up walking and picking my weight training back up.

    I have been doing weight training for 7ish years with mixed results, I have a decent body now but nothing particularly impressive. This is now the 3rd time that I have done a big cut and I'm tired of see-sawing as a result of motivation. I would much rather stay at this weight or even lower (70kg) for the coming years.

    My question is for those who have made this change or lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off for a very long time, what keeps you going and what do you do to stay focused and not let work/life/social get in the way? I'm already having trouble with friends pressuring me to drink after I've told them I've more or less given it up for health reasons etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/WIP1992
    [link] [comments]

    Red lines on top of my shoulders after doing squats?

    Posted:

    I've been working out for about a week now, and after leg day today I noticed red streaks on top of my shoulders that look almost like scratches but they aren't raised off of my skin at all. I did squats today with a little more weight than usual. What does this mean? Did I use too much weight? Wrong technique?

    submitted by /u/SithSkate03
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Recipes Megathread

    Posted:

    Welcome to the Monthly Recipes Megathread

    Have an awesome recipe that's helped you meet your macros without wanting to throw up or die of boredom? Share it here!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a quick way to get around having to have a shower after every exercise without smelling?

    Posted:

    I am studying for exams and want to put mini workouts in my 20 minute breaks, I will go hard and get a good sweat on for 10 minutes. But I don't want to have to shower to wash the sweat off every time, does anyone know of an alternative way to quickly get the sweat off? Should I just rub a wet flannel across the sweaty areas? or a dry towel to wick up the sweat? Any ideas would be really helpful, leaving myself smell probably isn't an option as my girlfriend somehow has a ridiculously strong sense of smell and its not worth the inevitable abuse!

    submitted by /u/Flewizzle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment