• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: A great many people get confused between STRETCHING and WARMUPS.

    Beginner Fitness: A great many people get confused between STRETCHING and WARMUPS.


    A great many people get confused between STRETCHING and WARMUPS.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    "With a general warmup, the main objectives are to elevate core temperature and increase blood flow to working muscles…whereas the aim of stretching is to increase flexibility and joint range of motion."The Dfference Between Warmups and Stretches

    submitted by /u/GoBliss
    [link] [comments]

    So I've been doing calisthenics based on, Frank Medrano's training for beginners, but I need something different

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    So hey there, thanks for checking this out. My problem is that while he DOES use bodyweight for training, he also uses stuff for training, and I honestly don't have the stuff. I make due with a chair and a strong stick, but that's about it. Anyone recommend a (hopefully calisthenic) training for me? I'm looking for strong muscles, not big ones, but I wouldn't mind it if they grew honestly.

    So to sum it up:

    -something without tools, so just crunches and stuff.

    -I'm 17, so yeah, something that doesn't kill my oh so young body.

    -I can go outside and find a random tree for lift ups, so that ain't a problem.

    Will appreciate anything you throw at me. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MemoryController
    [link] [comments]

    Advice to gain weight and muscle?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    I (18m) am 6'2" and currently weigh 170lbs. People usually judge me and like to point out that i look really tall and skinny and that i need to gain weight and muscle.

    I have wanted to do this for years and not because of what people say or think about how i look but because i want to do this for myself and have always lacked the motivation to do so, so i have just never tried. Or when i have tried i usually just gave up. I have no access to a gym or any equipment like dumbbells or barbells and cannot afford any at the moment.

    Am looking for advice to gain weight and muscle using bodyweight workouts, or even advice on what i can use around the house, as well as what workouts to do as well. Should i keep track of calories and what foods i am eating and how much, or should i just not bother because i am just trying to bulk up?

    I am new to all of this so any advice would be a great help!

    submitted by /u/Witcher2046
    [link] [comments]

    Wrist pain from new job getting in the way of working out

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    So two weeks ago, I scored my first job at Panda Express (18 years old). I've been working about 30 hours a week but I have gotten really bad wrist pain which is pretty much constant. The pain is from cooking on the wok (constant motion).

    For context, I've been gaining muscle for a few months now and working out regularly. I've seen good progress and am very motivated to continue this path. Obviously there is going to be some mental fatigue from starting a job, but the wrist pain is unbearable when working out. Since I started, I've worked out significantly less and when I do sometimes just quit in the middle due to the pain.

    Working out is a top priority in my life right now so I am willing to quit my job for the sake of it. My question is if there is some advice for me in terms of how to deal with my wrists or from anybody who was in a similar situation.

    submitted by /u/o-huncho
    [link] [comments]

    Can you train with resistance bands every day?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    I'm really asking if it's possible. Say Monday through Friday and rest weekend. Does anyone do this? Or is it always best to do MWF with rest days? I recently got bands because I don't want to go to the gym again for a while with everything going on and am wondering how to best use the bands. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/mpicc
    [link] [comments]

    Day 4 - 30 Days Pilates Discover Self Healing Side Lying Fundamentals learning more of the Fundamentals on how to properly engage the core muscles while in sidelying position activating deep hip and pelvic floor muscles while lengthening of your lower extremities without compromising your spine.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Perfect introduction to resistance band training- they are great for working all those small muscles groups.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Struggling to do 10 pull ups

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I can at the moment do 8 full pull ups but through out the week I have not gotten any stronger. Is there something I am missing?

    submitted by /u/SHIBe_Miner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment