• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 28, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Hal Higdon Intermediate 5K Program

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Hal Higdon Intermediate 5K Program


    Routine Campfire - Hal Higdon Intermediate 5K Program

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: Hal Higdon Intermediate 5K Program

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 28, 2020

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How on earth does everyone get enough protein?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    I've recently started tracking my macros again, am doing a strength program at the moment and I aim to get 100 grams of protein a day. I can't seem to ever get there unless I'm drinking 3+ protein shakes every day - which I really struggle to handle.

    I eat until I feel full, which is on average 1500 total/1100 net calories a day. I am 177cm (5'9" ish), weigh 68kg (150lbs) and I am honestly trying to eat enough to ensure I can maintain and optimize my program, but I also don't want to eat for the sake of it. I prefer to eat when I am hungry.

    Any tips/advice/recipes to get more protein into my diet?

    Edit: I am female, not looking to bulk, mostly recomp and build strength on a program I am familiar with and done before.

    submitted by /u/champagneismyhobby
    [link] [comments]

    How much cardio is enough?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    I'm lifting weights 6 days a week and wondering if 3 days of 30min hiit (high knees, burpees, mountain climbers etc) is enough? My goal is just muscle gain and improve my aerobic endurance as I can't do running until September. Thanks

    submitted by /u/RDX117
    [link] [comments]

    Am i overthinking?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    I'm 17, 1.90 tall, 88 kg. I started running and rope skipping constantly, and eating healty, but i realised that my belly hangs a bit, even tho i'm not that fat. Like, if i hold my stomach firm ( not flexed!) it's almost straight, but when i relax, it just drops ( not much tho), and i feel like it's not all because of the fat. Is there any other reason this might happen?

    And i tend to belive this is the case because if i flex on an empty stomach, my middle line of the abs kinda shows, like if i flex i look surprisingly good, when i don't i look not so good=))

    submitted by /u/miki2772
    [link] [comments]

    P90X? Was thinking about buying a machine or two and some weights, but now I came across this

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    What's everyone think about the P90X? Upon searching, I see some people give it hate while others really enjoy it. Now that the gyms are closed, I'm really looking to start working out again and having a really hard time trying to get a routine going with just at home/no weights body workout. I do good for about a week then loose all motivation, mainly because I'm not a huge fan of body workouts and really enjoy(ed) going to the gym.

    I was going to invest in a pull up / dip station and maybe some dumbbells and resistance bands, but now I came across the P90X and it has kinda tickled my interested. Granted, I don't know much of anything about it yet, though.

    I'm not really trying to loose weight. I'm pretty skinny as it is (135lbs, about 5'4"), I do have some stomach fat that I've been trying to shave off though. I guess I'm what you would consider slightly skinny-fat. But my main goal is to put one some mass/definition and just overall get a good workout routine going daily to feel good about myself

    What do you guys think of it? Maybe invest in the P90X and then one piece of equipment (pull up bar or resistance bands)?

    submitted by /u/jester070993
    [link] [comments]

    Will my muscle burn away?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    Male

    Say I don't get enough protien a day. Will my body burn muscle first then fat because Of this? Will this make my efforts at the gym pointless?

    submitted by /u/wallywizard55
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to feel a "burn" anymore.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    I've been lifting regularly (never more than a week deload) for over four years now, and have been through a program or two. Usually stuck with high frequency style programs like ppl or phul.

    Anyway, my circumstances have changed so have been trialling new programs and one thing I've realised is that I no longer feel a burn .etc from high rep, low rest sets. Is this common?

    I get fatigued and can feel the muscle is fatigued and form breaks down but it's no longer that ache feeling that was so familiar when I started.

    I don't think it's important to feel a burn in the slightest, I'm really just wondering if it's happened to anyone else.

    submitted by /u/HobbitLift
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the relationship between cardio and weight training.

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    With everything that's going on at the moment, I've been trying to make an effort to get into a regular exercise routine and avoid the loss of about 8k daily steps from my commute having an impact on my health.

    I've been alternating between days running a 5km and days doing short weight training sessions (3 sets to exhaustion on 4 muscle groups each session).

    I was hoping that as I progressed I would see my 5km time decrease and would need to tune up the amount of weight to achieve roughly the same number of reps before I hit my limit.

    What's actually happened is that while the amount of weight needed has gone up by about 25%, my 5km time has trended up. I've actually gone from 24 mins to 26 mins. Concerned that this might be due to over training or under eating, I've inserted a rest days and increased my daily calorie intake, but it's had no effect. For ~2 days after the weight training, I'm out of breath just walking up the 6 stairs to my flat.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with me and I'm not looking for medical advice, but I would love to know to what extent others experience this and if anyone has any advice for not letting it ruin efforts to get in shape.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Arcadizz1e
    [link] [comments]

    How many calories in 100g jasmine rice? I'm in doubt

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    So yeah, obviously I could have just googled this or just walked out to the kitchen to check out my rice's nutrition table. However, the reason why I'm asking you guys this, is because they say different things. My jasmine rice says it has 352 kcal in 100g, and the google says it's 170. Which one is right?

    submitted by /u/bugoscsiga
    [link] [comments]

    How should I feel RIGHT after strength training?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Specific to leg days- Should I be lying on the floor exhausted? Or still be able to walk? Or just a little wobbly? I'm looking to build muscle

    submitted by /u/joeygraSOFA
    [link] [comments]

    It has been 3 months between these pictures

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    BEFORE: https://imgur.com/lOrJ2kz

    NOW: https://imgur.com/PG9poSP

    First one 27th April. Quarantined 1 month ago, not being able to do my gym routines since then ( trained at home the best I could ), and one month at low calories diet after my very first muscle gain phase ( which lasted only 6 months ).

    Second one yesterday, 28th July, one month and a half going into the gym ( FINALLY after the quarantine ) 5 days a week, still at low calories and getting ready for my next bulking phase ( which I want it to last one or two years, I feel like I really need to get bigger and stronger ).

    My starting target for this year was to gain muscle from September to April / May, then get my ABS visible for summer... but quarantine fucked me up. Now I am realistic and I know, what I really need it a long bulking phase. Getting my muscles ready for one, two, three years, I don't care, and later on I will see the best version of myself.

    I am still on a low calories diet for two or three more weeks, following my trainer instructions, and then I will start eating more to get bigger.

    Anyway, do you think the changes in the pictures are an accomplishment? I have been exercising for two and a half years , but I started seriosuly with a trainer on September ( went from 100kg to nearly 82kg with an easy going trainer at my local gym, then moved on to my current trainer to get things more serious ).

    submitted by /u/Mivadeth
    [link] [comments]

    Equipment - Cleaning Old Powerlifting Lever Belt

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Not sure where to post this . Please report if it's against the rules.

    Im trying to clean my old powerlifting lever belt. https://www.imgur.com/a/A6nh89R

    It's got alot of rust and the leathers stained, dry and hard from where I've left the lever.

    Not sure how to clean this. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/allnyte
    [link] [comments]

    Great Sneakers for Jumping Rope

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    I recently really got into skipping, but sometimes I can feel it in my shins afterwards. I expect it to be sore of course but I'm pretty sure most of my discomfort comes from not having the correct shoes.

    Any great suggestions for some affordable shoes for jumping. I also have flat feet.

    submitted by /u/Pink-Mcflurry
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody tried clenbuterDrol?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    Just seems like another one of those fitness products that use a PeD name to entice the user. But curious if anyone has tried it and had any results??

    It is sold by corrupt pharmaceuticals.

    submitted by /u/roosterracer
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 25, 2020

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment