• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Fitness should be light - prove me wrong

    Beginner Fitness: Fitness should be light - prove me wrong


    Fitness should be light - prove me wrong

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    "Training should be hard", "each workout should hard", "go hard or go home" - all of these slogans are wrong. Why? Because they lead beginners to over-training and injuries and to quitting fitness at all in the end.

    Taking a hardcore approach works very well for professional athletes. They do need maximum performance. In professional sports, a split second more or less is equal to winning or losing. In each and every Olympic discipline there literally tens of thousands of people around the globe willing to get that very special medal. So they train hard for many years. Because it is their job.

    But should you do the same? Why should you train like a pro? Just to mimic the best in the world? But have you ever thought that they never trained this way when they were amateurs? Usually, the end-result for beginners who decided to follow a pro athlete's training plan is sad - they quit exercising at all. A pro plan means load way over what a beginner can handle. So one either gets injured or runs out of will power to go through torturous workouts after a while.

    Pros are good for photo-shoot and advertising but if you work office job 8-17 M-F your best option is different from their training. Science suggests that in order to live longer and healthier you just have to have some physical activity for approximately 30 minutes every day. And that's it. An article from Harvard Health Publishing suggests that you can even divide this period into smaller parts of activity during the day. All that you need is slightly increasing your heart-rate or an exercise that will get you slightly out of your breath. And do it every day.

    If you exercise in small 'chunks' every day you don't only set a foundation for longevity and better health but also integrate exercising into your life. After a while, your body and mind will get used to it and you won't have to force yourself into exercising.

    Though Harvard is a good university, I don't like taking 'fitness articles' suggestions for granted. I have seen too many fitness and beliefs coming and going. So I decided to make a little experiment. I have made a fitness app around the idea of fitness being light and easy and thus effective. You won't lose tons of fat in one day with it, but it will help you get used to exercising and thus will get you in shape over some time. I would really appreciate it if you could give it a try and share your experience with it with me. I do believe it can help you for better.

    submitted by /u/Riganda
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a couple of 45 pound kettlebells... what are some good routines?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Seeing as gyms are not opening anytime soon where I live, could any of you guys link me to a good, all body kettlebell routine? I would greatly appreciate it!

    Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/OcelotDAD
    [link] [comments]

    Pull workout turns into forearm workout

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Every pull day becomes a day to see how fast my forearm will give up. Anyone have this problem? Granted all my workouts require some effort of forearm but what pull exercise doesn't?

    So I have to rotate the order in which I do exercises every time because the ones that get done later aren't done to it full set and rep count because my forearm just gives up.

    I do 3 on 3 on no rest days for about a month. My forearms are ALWAYS sore. Is it because of bad technique or poor choice of exercises that use forearm too much?

    My pull day:

    Lat pulldown -6 sets Dumbbell row-3setx15 One arm alternating cable pull -2sets Machine row -2sets and my forearm gives up.

    submitted by /u/readMyFlow
    [link] [comments]

    Tips on improving running speed

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Hey y'all. So I just got back from the gym. It was my first time going in about 6 years. I used to dance and was in pretty good shape but I stopped my senior year of high school. Since then I've put on about 90 lbs and am now 210. I'm 5'5. So I am training for Fire academy in the spring and for the pack test for wildland you need to be able to run 3 miles in 45 minutes with 45 lbs of a weighted vest on. I just ran 1.66 miles in 30 minutes (which I know is really bad, sorry) I'd just like some tips on how to increase running speed and not burn out of energy while doing it. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/AshleyKay1997
    [link] [comments]

    If you looking to begin Yoga as a complete beginner, here is where to begin your journey. Practice and let me know how it goes.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Basic 5 Mins Abs Home Workout (No Equipment)

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    Made a series of free videos on YouTube for beginners to get started on their fitness journey! Any feedback would be much appreciated. Stay Safe and well, Alex

    Basic 5 Mins ABS Home Workout (No Equipment)

    submitted by /u/Oni_Aesthetics
    [link] [comments]

    Are you having back pain and lack of energy and you don’t know where to start to treat the pain and be able to be active again and dont know How to begin a fitness program? What is Evidence Based At Home Therapy Method? Let me do the Introduction to regain life without back pain.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    what is Evidence Based At Home Therapy Method?

    Are you having pain,poor posture, scoliosis, costochondritis, sciatica, aches, stiffness and lack of energy and you don't know where to start to treat the pain and be able to be active again? What is Evidence Based At Home Therapy Method? Let me do the Introduction Join The Early Bird Waitlist ►https://www.thebackmasterclass.com/general-opt-inrvsd1tf7

    Follow the 6 video series ► https://www.thebackmasterclass.com/authority-videosx7ea4i5l


    Evidence based at Home Therapy Method; a framework for neck and back therapy. A method of Pilates, yoga and physical therapy fused together. Knowing the secrets of keeping your spine strong, healthy, stable and flexible in a gentle and safe method. This Method is a combination of pilates, yoga and evidence based physical therapy I will show some secret solutions proven through my years of experience as a physical therapist, pilates and yoga based instructor.on how to evaluate and know how to figure out the root of the pain how to maintain the best functional movement combining the movement of Pilates and Yoga along with physical therapy. For over 17 years of Physical Therapy practice and 12 years as a Pilates instructor, I have helped over 10,000 patients improve their back strength, mobility, and posture, preventing the need for expensive surgeries with lengthy recovery periods. People from different walks of life, ranging from teens with scoliosis to injured athletes all the way to geriatric population, have found relief through my Evidence Based At Home Therapy Method that thousands of my patients continue to use even after being discharged from my clinic and as it enables them to live a healthier lifestyle knowing they are in charge and able to effectively manage and resolve their back pain on an on-going basis. Evidence-Based At Home Therapy Method (EBHT Method) involves a simple lifestyle change of daily exercises that are easy to perform and effective to use, that can so easily be a part of your life. These lovely exercises are so amazing, that you will grow to enjoy an effective method that has a low impact on your joints, muscles and spine that most if not all of my patients continue to strengthen their core, back muscles and overall body. I have handled different cases from costochondritis, scoliosis, sciatica, neck pain , tension headaches and resolved them gently and effectively with the best outcome measures. If any of these sounds familiar to you, I have been there,I had my first back pain experience during my first pregnancy, then the second, I had C-sections and a car accident just 2 years ago that resulted to a fractured sternum that resulted to a forward head and rounded posture in order to protect my fracture for 4 months. But with the use of Evidence Based at Home Therapy method, you will be able to master the Neutral Spine , and how to achieve Neutral spine, with proper breathwork to core muscles and resolve the cause of the pain with improve posture and core strength. Myself and thousands of my patients have been able to regain: I've also got some exciting news for those who are serious about using Evidence Based at Home Therapy Method. In a few days I'm going to launch my Back Master Class and I'm going to take a hand-full of new students and teach them exactly how to regain life without back pain. Now, as much as I'd like to help everyone with Evidence Based At Home Therapy Method, I find that my students, patients get the best results when I work in a small group setting. That way everyone can get the help and support they really need to be able to get the proper guidance and amazing progression. So this is going to be a genuinely rare opportunity and spots are granted on a first- come, first-served basis.

    submitted by /u/annie-pilates
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner Upper Body Workout. What do you think?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Putting together a upper body work out 3 days a week. All I have are 10-15lb Dumbbells.

    For my work out I have these exercises in this order:

    -Push Ups -Dumbbell Chest Press -Dumbbell Kickbacks -Dumbbell Shoulder Press -Dumbbell Rows -Inside Dumbbell Chest Press -Dumbbell Curls

    Not sure if this is too many exercises for one workout or if they overlap too much. Ect.

    To start, I was thinking 4 sets per exercise with at most 8 reps per set. Using 10-15lb weights depending on what is most effective and comfortable with each exercise.

    What do you think? Did I choose well or am I way off the mark?

    submitted by /u/alx2f2k
    [link] [comments]

    Is it weird for guys to use this machine?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/young-female-training-her-thighs-on-stationary-royalty-free-image-509044932-1560782433.jpg?crop=0.665xw:1.00xh;0.0782xw,0&resize=480

    Literally never seen a guy use it, only been to the gym a few months and people often joke that it's a girl machine.. i tried it once when no one was there, I barely used any weight but the next day I felt pretty sore so I assume I'm weak down there

    submitted by /u/meddlar45
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment