• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 5, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 05, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 05, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 05, 2020

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Right heel drifting inwards on the leg press and squat depth

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Not sure if there's any correlation but here's my issue.

    During the leg press as I get closer to the 90 degree area my right heel will slide and drift a little inward. It's also hard getting a nice depth on a squat without my right knee feeling almost tight?

    I'm guessing it's either my knee or ankle but not sure what steps to take to fix this

    submitted by /u/JustJosh904
    [link] [comments]

    Cutting weight, currently obese. Trying to lower my 5k jogging time. Do I try increase the speed of my 1km lap time or my overall 5k time?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Title kinda says it all. I'm 6'2 and 265lbs, mostly fat, little muscle. I'm jogging 5k/3.1 miles a few times per week and trying to do it quicker. I'm monitoring myself just by the underarmour mapmyrun app. I find if i go slow (7.5 minutes per km) I can do the whole 5k without a walking break, but I can do 2k at 5 minutes per km, but I absolutely need 1-2 minutes to catch my breath and from that point on its several intervals of jogging/walking to complete the 5k. My overall goal is to have a 25 minute 5k. Not Impressive but a big step forward for me. Should I be trying to stick with the constant slower pace and bringing it down bit by bit or trying to increase my faster 2k to 3k and then 4 etc etc ? Any advice welcome. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/fondu_tones
    [link] [comments]

    Cutting or building?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    I'm a 16 yo guy that got into fitness during quarantine . Lifted with db at home , started going to the gym recently . Built a fair amount of muscle . Main goal is to have a well defined six pack and to build muscle. I want a lean look. I was always on the skinnier side . I now weigh 65 kg . I can just start to see a bit of my 6 pack in perfect lighting . Still got a few cm of fat on my belly . Should cut or build for a 6 pack . Should I eat more or less?

    submitted by /u/Caramel28
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Book to Help Get me Into fitness

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    Does anyone have any recommendations for a good book to get someone into fitness?

    I'm not necessarily looking for a "fitness" book as in how to get fit. But maybe something like WHY to get fit.

    I'm 29 and i've never really seen what my body is fully capable of. I feel a bit depressed and i'd like to start taking steps towards getting active and work towards the body i've always wanted so i can be happier healthier and hopefully be more attractive to women.

    I'm hoping that i can find a book that will help motivate me to develop the discipline i need. Something that will guide me and be easily relatable.

    If anyone has any recommendations or insight, i'd be very grateful. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/helikesart
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Took a 3month break from lifiltibg. What to see if everything's ok.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Im 15 and As the title says, I'm going to be form checking with a broom on overhead press. Eversince 3 months ago I was training with coaches at a sports perfomance gym and I loved it. So I guess I'm a beginner now because this is the first time I'm lifting by myself. Yes I know it's funny lol but I want to see its ok.

    Im purchasing the skinnyfat program from Jeremy Either. Im not going to post bench press right now beaucse if there are flaws in OHP it carries over to the move so I'm fixing two in one. And if theres anything wrong with my form or imbalances that Is something I can fix now, let me know.

    http://imgur.com/a/wsu6HGi

    submitted by /u/dos987
    [link] [comments]

    Workout routine and skipping a day?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Hello! I am quite new to having a set fitness routine. I've been working out every night and resting at least once a week. However, last night, I was called in to work the night shift and was unable to workout. Is it ok to make up this workout the following morning or do a little more, along with my usual workout, at night?

    I appreciate any and every piece of advice anyone has to offer. Thank you so much!!

    submitted by /u/whiskeysniffer
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of any good calisthenics progression guides?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:15 AM PDT

    A guide for people who want to do street calistheics and run up walls and be on American Ninja Warrior some day.

    All the guides I have found are mainly meant for getting lean and toned and slim thick.. whatever the new buzzword is. I want to get badass. Is that a thing?

    Thank youuuuu

    submitted by /u/seahrse
    [link] [comments]

    Does sprinting and/or jogging transfer over to better squats and DLs?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    Will it? I do push/pull/legs 3 days strength 3-5x5-8 and 3 days volume 5x8-12 with one day no fitness. I want to get my strength up but don't have access to a weight belt, so I don't push too hard. Also want aesthetically better legs. I am intermediate at strength training and pretty much a novice at running outside of a semester of distance track 3 years ago. Thanks in advance for thoughts and anecdotes

    submitted by /u/Solo_Indigo
    [link] [comments]

    Having problems with bulking.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    I started gym 1 year ago as an obese teenager,with the help of puberty I went from 30 PBF to about 12 PBF,I didn't do a great diet so I haven't gained any muscle and I still use beginner weights.

    Now that I look skinny,I started shifting my goal to bulking 5 months ago but I never got results which made me unmotivated,but I decided now that I will give it anther try and I am afraid the same results will occur,so please tell me if I was doing something wrong before so I don't repeat it this time:

    I am 16 y/o /6'4"/158 pounds I train every day and maybe take a break every week,I do alot of cardio but never intense (jogging a lot but no high speed runs) I don't track my calories but I try to reach 200 gm of protein daily and I don't reach it sometimes,I also avoid fats and eat some carbs,my form while training is great and my program is (chest+biceps/back+triceps/shoulder+ abs/leg).

    EDIT:My goal right now is to just increase Strength,I do look but I feel weak which is why I want to bulk

    submitted by /u/soliz_love
    [link] [comments]

    Squat form and weak core

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Quick question about how to bring up a weak core to fix squat form (and most other compound lifts too).

    When I squat I know I'm supposed to brace my core before the lift but my body seems to compensate by just pushing my belly out, creating pressure in the area making it more stable, but taking stress off the core muscles. As a result I feel my core is quite weak and can't handle the heavy load on my other lifts. Overhead press especially I feel myself leaning back to get better leverage on the weight.

    What I was thinking is doing a short plank during my rest periods (1-2 mins between each set), both to strengthen the muscle and also create a better mind muscle connection to actually engage the core during the lift.

    I'm just wondering if there's a better exercise to do for core strength in general. I'm not too fussed about aesthetics, my abs look fine so no need for hundreds of crunches. Just looking for a good exercise to strengthen the muscles for practicality.

    submitted by /u/jordchad96
    [link] [comments]

    Question about frankomans dumbbell split

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html

    Reading the comments I came across one that didn't get any feed back. It said that as the reps decrease your supposed to increase the weights. Is this true?

    submitted by /u/MUDD__BUTT_
    [link] [comments]

    Air squats: Big sets or lots of small sets?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    I've recently worked up to doing a total of 150 to 200 air squats each day in sets of 25 throughout the day.

    Is there a benefit to working on doing more at once or having the sets be closer together? (I do about one set an hour as I have a minute here and there).

    submitted by /u/33_Minutes
    [link] [comments]

    Hi! New Here.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    I relatively recently started a pretty strenuous job wrangling carts at a grocery store. I'm 30, and sometimes I struggle with it, especially if it's busy. I've still got a little fluff around the middle but I did keto a while back and shed a bunch of weight that was holding me back. I have moderately good aerobic health and I'm already on a baseline of "eh, pretty healthy". However, I'm pretty light and have to use leverage to get longer trains that I willingly put together to move, and I want to be able to do this and not hurt myself. I've been doing good so far, the only problem I see in the future is possibly my mom's bad knees being passed down to me. That and maybe pumping out too early are my only "real" concerns with it. But I really do like being outside doing whatever, whether it's carts or canoeing. I want to be able to keep doing this. Any pointers?

    submitted by /u/ArguablyADork
    [link] [comments]

    Are peanuts everyday bad ???

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    hi there I am a skinny guy and for the last month I have been working out and then someone told me you should consume protein and I have a poor background so I looked up for cheap protein sources and what I think and the best for me is peanuts it contains 26g protein per 100g and my weight is 60kg so I need 1.2×60 = 72g of protein in peanuts terms 277g and the question is what do you think about eating this every day?

    submitted by /u/khaldired44
    [link] [comments]

    Mixing carbs and fats

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    So a lot of the fitness and health podcasts I listen to caution against mixing carbs and fats within the same meal. A lot of my post workout protein shakes feature a banana because they're delicious and make the shake creamy but I'm well aware of the carb/sugar/calorie content of those. I used to mix in avocado as well but now feel from what I've heard that it could be hindering me from leaning out. Should I just replace the banana with frozen avocado and take it out altogether? What's your take on all of this?

    I'll note I don't consume really any gluten so bananas and sweet potatoes tend to be my biggest carb intakes normally.

    (34F) (5'7) (133)

    submitted by /u/Larebare22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment