• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 21, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: What can I do to target my lower abs and “fupa”?

    Beginner Fitness: What can I do to target my lower abs and “fupa”?


    What can I do to target my lower abs and “fupa”?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    EDIT: Please guys in super insecure about this. If anyone has any kind of advice I'm listening.

    Trying to stay active and improve myself. These two places seem to just stay the same. Is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/Jthepunk
    [link] [comments]

    How to build muscle: EXPLAINED.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I see so many posts every day asking similar questions. How do I build this specific muscle or muscle in general? What weights should I be pulling? Whats best, easiest quickest way?

    I end up typing similar responses to these so I figured I'd just post a PSA.

    Building muscle requires ONLY 3 things.

    1- Fuel. Protien is key. For optimal muscle growth you need to be eating MINIMUM 0.7g protien / lb of body weight, some people go much higher than that. Example - if I weighed 200 lbs, to grow real muscle I need to be eating 140g of protein per day. For MOST PEOPLE, this is the most difficult part of muscle growth, especially since most people want to lose weight as well. Trying to heavily build muscle while also trying to cut body fat is a losers game. You need to be eating more calories than you burn to put on mass, fat or muscle its the same story. While not impossible, your efforts in the gym will be heavily wasted without eating properly. You see some folks who are RIPPED with muscle and very little body fat. This is a routine called bulk/trim. Spend the down months "bulking" - eating high calories, protiens and lifting alot. FAT WILL BE GAINED IN THIS PHASE. Most body builders will put on 20-30lbs of weight or more during this phase. Then they "trim" - cut calories below daily expenditure levels while keeping protein high and workouts consistent. This will melt the excess fat away and leave you with all those beautiful gains below. After gaining 30lbs in bulking phase most body builders would be happy with 10lbs or so of overall pure muscle gain after the trim phase.

    2 - Training. There is no substitute for the hard work and effort. I cant get into specific exercizes in this post so please just ask in the comments if you need some help with routines. As far as weight thats a personal thing. Your workout should leave you unable to do much more weight at the end of the round. If at the end of your set/rep routine you are still moving weights with relative ease, then you should go up in weight. At the end of your sets you should be struggling hard for that last rep. One way to try this (be careful) is to try a MAX weight on an exercise. Example - if you can JUST barely bicep curl 25lbs , take 70% of that, and that should be your 3 set 10-12 rep weight. So if I max at 25lbs per hand my normal set/rep weight should be 15-18lbs per hand. Leave your workouts tired! If I dont sweat I dont feel I put in effort.

    3 - Rest. Muscle protein synthesis MPS takes place in the non-REM portion of sleep when your breathing and heartbeat slows, you have more bloodflow and nutrients for muscle recovery. Your body also secretes growth hormones during REM sleep, so both are important. You need good quality sleep in order for your body to spend as much time as possible in MPS. Current reccomedation is 7 hours of sleep minimum. This is just as important as the other 2 items. Skimping on sleep will reduce muscle gain potential and energy for good training sessions.

    Also hydration! Our bodies, including muscle are a huge % water. You need good water intake to maintain and help build mass.

    Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

    Good luck folks.

    submitted by /u/rvanasty
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with food and diet!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Hey champs, i'm looking for some good resources for keeping a healthy diet and building better food habbits. I'm a stress eater and lets just say the pandemic hasn't been treating me very well but i'm hoping to turn that around.

    Anything you could point me towards for better eating habits, food prep, or even just personal healthy recipes you are a fan of, any of it would be a great help! I think my diet is the biggest hurdle for me on the road to better physical health.

    submitted by /u/Pengquinn
    [link] [comments]

    Question about activating a muscle during workout

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    Hi. I am still kind of new to resistance training. I have been doing it a few weeks and have noticed some differences on certain parts of my body. However, I am still not sure if I am completely activating the muscles I choose to work that day. How do you know? Does feeling a burn or tension mean that you are activating them?

    submitted by /u/djt977
    [link] [comments]

    Is there nothing that can replace squats, deadlift, etc?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    I absolutely hate these exercises. Anything where I need to have the correct form and not move your back and hinge your hips.

    Are there NO other exercises that train the same muscles? For someone who simply cannot get forms right even after video guides.

    submitted by /u/Glass-Choice
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment