• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 21, 2020

    Bodybuilding: Daily Discussion Thread: 06/20/2020

    Bodybuilding: Daily Discussion Thread: 06/20/2020


    Daily Discussion Thread: 06/20/2020

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Feel free to post things in the Daily Discussion Thread that don't warrant a subreddit-level discussion. Although most of our posting rules will be relaxed here, you should still consider your audience when posting. Most importantly, show respect to your fellow redditors. General redditiquette always applies.

    submitted by /u/bodybuildingbot
    [link] [comments]

    Bad genetics + juice

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Denise Rutkowski "Golden Panther" - she took 2nd place in 1993 Ms. Olympia

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Did you know Roelly Winklaar was stabbed in the stomach? While protecting his brother Quincy from street thugs, what a badass!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    What happened to Marc Fitt and Jeff Seid and all these people?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    Their YouTube channels are dead and the last few videos are pathetic and not related to BB. What's going on? They just grow it out or faded away?

    It's been radio silence for more than a year!

    submitted by /u/morty92222
    [link] [comments]

    This is jared feather he is about 225lbs dry on stage . What muscles do you think really contribute to looking jacked on stage even when size is about the same? For me upper chest and rear delts and a well developed set of quads

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Shit on me Sunday: Weekly physique critique thread

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    AM(and my coach)A about offseason for national shows

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I posted a thread a little while back about this "indefinite offseason" caused by COVID. I had some great questions come in a bit late and the mods were kind enough to allow me to do an AMA to make sure more people got to see those responses. My coach, Justin Harris (/u/TroponinNutrition) is here as well and will probably be more knowledgeable than I am about diet questions.

    JSYK where we're coming from: the original plan was to compete at Big Dogs 5 in Australia (pretty high-profile PL meet) in October. The meet director there has already cancelled his other winter shows and pushed the summer ones back to December, so an October meet isn't looking likely — and the Aussie guys I've talked to all agree there won't be any international competition this year. Assuming that's the case, we're going to adjust and shoot for Nationals or USAs in BB instead (or Jr. Nats if it's rescheduled for sometime around then). I'm still fairly lean so we have about 10 weeks left to grow before the diet for that starts.

    I also want to specifically thank /u/OG_Olaf for his thoughtful critiques on the last post. Definitely some of the best bodybuilding feedback I've ever gotten.

    submitted by /u/utben
    [link] [comments]

    Best upper chest? Standard incline press vs flat reverse grip vs incline reverse grip?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    I've heard there's a study showing the reverse and or close grip press activates the upper chest up to 30% more opposed to 5-10% more from incline. I don't feel that 20-25% gap between the 2, nor do I feel much difference from standard incline vs incline with a reverse grip. I'm assuming that's because the incline puts your upper chest in the right position to begin with. What are your thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/Blackgod_Kurokami
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone experience clavicles getting wider after 17?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    I'm turning 17 in August and I wad wondering if there was any hope of me getting wider? My scapula is pretty wide compared to other dudes, it gives my about an inch of width on both sides.

    I'm 6'1" if that means anything.

    submitted by /u/themightysocks
    [link] [comments]

    Diamond Triceps Pushup not great for you?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Does anyone have the pdf or a copy of the “Dark Knight workout plan it use to be free now they are charging for it

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    If you dont have it id be open to recommendations. The reason I like this routine is, it depicts the workouts along with the sets. If you have something like id be interested thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/mistakenidenty-
    [link] [comments]

    Re post

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Why do I have this annoying APT in my abs, I've been doing exercises so for this particular area for a month and it didn't even Change a tried YT exercises and it didn't work. Who else had this and fixed it?

    What exercise really works?

    submitted by /u/DangerousBarracuda0
    [link] [comments]

    Never thought when i get big ill have more anxiety wow.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    Ok so im a bodybuilding addict and i put alot of work and time into getting big and making gains. I have now hit a point where if i wear a decently tight shirt i just look massive (not to be cocky) but it stands out and i have veins and shit popping out of my arms. Before i had this size i always wanted it and looked forward to being that guy the looked like he lifts and stands out. Now i am where i once envisioned but i dont like the attention of standing out. I feel like im being looked at and i am a lot of the times and it makes me feel weird. Now im wearing bigger size clothes in public to not get that attention. I just wanted to share how this was not what i anticipated lmao but hopefully i can embrace the gains and embrace the attention if my mindset becomes better. Not sure what caused this anxiety.

    submitted by /u/yoyo121332
    [link] [comments]

    Coaching recommendation for someone with a heart condition?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    First of all my apologies if i should not be asking this here.

    I have been diagnosed with a heart condition called bicuspid aortic valve, and most doctors advise me not to continue lifting weights or at least using just very light weights.

    I was doing powerlifiting for about 8 years before even knowing about this problem.

    I don´t want to continue powerlifting but would like to keep training "hard" and improving my body and general fitness.

    Doing this without a proper coach who dealt with cases like mine before has been really hard so i am seeking out in here for any recommendations.

    I´ve tried a few so far but most of them "decline" me because they do not have experience with such cases or knowledge about it at all.

    Edit: just for reference i am 27 years old male.

    Many thanks

    Nuno

    submitted by /u/Nunoc11
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment