• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: "Skin the cat" is one of the best mobility exercises i tried out recently

    Beginner Fitness: "Skin the cat" is one of the best mobility exercises i tried out recently


    "Skin the cat" is one of the best mobility exercises i tried out recently

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    I started practicing a new exercise lately called "skin the cat". Although I was a bit scared at the beginning as the complete movement is quite challenging, there are some easy progressions which fit my beginner exercise level.

    The great thing about the exercise is that it stretches your entire upper body, including shoulders, pecs and upper back and simultaneously also strenghtens these areas.

    Especially, for me ( I am currently working from home office and spending a lot of time in front of the laptop) this exercise was really helpful to loosen things up a bit.

    In case you guys want to know more about the exercise you can check out the video that I watched to get an overview of the exercise here.

    submitted by /u/FitnessLifter
    [link] [comments]

    If you have a desk job or sit a lot this easy 5 minute seated stretch will relieve tension and help sore muscles.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    What is the best way to increase leg strength after surgery?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 05:27 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. Around five years ago, I broke the tibia and fibula in my left leg. I had surgery to insert a nail through the bone, and after a few months, had more or less recovered. My biggest issues were weakness in my leg and an inability to kneel because of knee pain. Although I was never much of an athlete before, the injury really made exercising a struggle, so I more or less put It on the back burner.

    Earlier this year, I had another surgery to remove the nail and screws keeping it in place. They managed to get the screws out, but couldn't remove the nail because it was too tightly lodged into the bone. Now I've started exercising again, but I've found my legs - especially the left - are incredibly weak, making cycling and particularly leg strength workouts exhausting and uncomfortable. I did a ten minute leg strength routine that left me paralysed by DOMS for literally three days afterwards. My question is, what would be the best way to build up strength in those muscles? Has anyone else had a similar injury and managed to return to a fitter state? Should I just power through the pain, or is there a more efficient way of doing it?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/KernelPanic1010
    [link] [comments]

    Why do multiple exercises that target the same muscles?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    Wouldn't a minimal routine be easier to remember, as well as have fewer opportunities for a messed up form?

    Right now I am thinking of squats vs lunges, both of which target the gluteus maximus and quads. It just seems confusing to me :/

    submitted by /u/bachang
    [link] [comments]

    Abs in 2 weeks using EMS!?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Hey, I came across this EMS technology on a different subreddit and thought it was quite shammy since it seemed too good to be true but I've been using it for around a month now and it seems a bit weird why people aren't using this yet. As a beginner, it's helped me define my abs more when I use it during my workouts as it just provides additional resistance which is great as gyms are closed.

    If anybody is interested, here's where I bought it from www.qperformancex.com, delivered in 12 days to the UK and sent me additional strips for free when mine started to wear off a bit. Would recommend!

    submitted by /u/magnusp55
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment