• Breaking News

    Monday, May 25, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Great for beginners and how to use your core muscles effectively.

    Beginner Fitness: Great for beginners and how to use your core muscles effectively.


    Great for beginners and how to use your core muscles effectively.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    Don't know where to start, could someone help me?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Hi! Just some background on me I'm turning 18 really soon and I'm "healthy" according my doctor but I really want to improve and change for the better. I'm 125 lbs and 5'7 while everyone else around me is like 5'10 and 180 lbs. Not only that but they have wide frames. My goal is to get to that point but I'm afraid my growth time has already ended and I won't be able increase my height or change my frame. I know alot of people will say that all of that is genetics and can't be changed at this point but I really think change can occur to our bones/muscles each time we engage in physical activity. Here is an example of my body (from the internet) https://imgur.com/a/g1LN6pc I've never been the most athletic guy and I've never been "fat" because of my metabolism. I've just been...normal.

    I want to change, I want to become bigger, but I really don't know where to start. I tried to run the other day and I couldn't last 30 seconds without huffing and puffing! Diet, Routine, I really am stuck, and would like some thoughts on this. I don't know if this is the right subreddit (I'm not on reddit much to understand where everything goes, so if my post should not be here, could you point me to the right sub? Thank you so much for your time.

    submitted by /u/Shellhead_Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Recently started lifting about 6 weeks ago...have some questions

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    • I'm male
    • 26 years old
    • 6 foot
    • 165/170 pounds

    Recently started to consistently give lifting a go. Been lifting in my garage on average 5 times / week for the past 6 weeks or so. I'm starting to see a difference which is awesome. I feel great about that. Seeing a difference in my abdomen as well. I do have a couple questions though:

    1. I can start to see some ab muscles coming in whenever I flex about 5/6 inches about my belly button (or right at the bottom of my rid cage), which is awesome. But I feel like I have this constant bloat from my belly button & below. I know diet plays a huge part in fitness, so I eat relatively healthy. I've had this pudge for awhile now & it always scared me thinking it's just going to get bigger. What are some ways in the kitchen to target this & what are some target exercises that I can do to really hit that area?

    2. Should I start to add protein in my diet at all? I don't track my protein right now & I don't think that I will. My goal is to build up a good amount of muscle, and the tone tone tone. Should protein shakes be a part of that? Pros / cons

    2b. I have a good amount of muscle when I flex. I feel good about it. But when I don't flex, it's just bleh. It doesn't look like anything. Is the best way to tone, low weight high reps? And are there any exercises that I could focus on to tone?

    Thanks for all & any help. I know I sound like a noob to all of this. It's because I am. But I'm willing to learn.

    submitted by /u/Sir_Dragon17
    [link] [comments]

    Q about pushup: decline and toes

    Posted: 25 May 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    Can someone explain, why I find a decline pu ( feet aprox.50 cm of theground) easier sometimes than regular pu? I can do around 8 to 12 pushups,but have diff. depressing my scapulae. I do retract on bottom and separate on top.

    I also find it a bit easier with feet 30/50cm wide. On my tiptoes.

    But I can do diamond too, 3 max,with feet next to each other..

    Any insight on this?

    Tia! ( am a bit too heavy....77.8 kg and 1.77 cm...F44... want to be around 68, but oly reached 73 six months ago, but gained...although I did workout with fixed and nonfixed weights this past year, so did gain muscle , but not now bc of lockdown.)

    submitted by /u/CalesthenicsCat75
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Memorial day ! Here is a gentle progression for tight thoracic spine or anyone with pain on the upper back and chest muscles utilizing a Ball, elastic band and bolster for a healthier spine and posture .

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    Will unilateral weightlifting cure muscle imbalances?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    I'm pretty new to weight training, and I'm quickly learning that I have muscle imbalances through most areas of my body. I'm sure this occurred naturally over the years due to me prioritizing the right side (dominant side) of my body for most tasks. I'm starting to do unilateral lifts and dumbbell lifts for most of my workouts. Such as Bulgarian split squat, dumbbell bench, curls, single arm shoulder press, single arm bent over rows, etc.

    Does anyone else have experience tackling muscle imbalances this way?

    submitted by /u/jaredjrb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment