• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 24, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 24, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 24, 2020

    Posted: 24 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    More squats or higher difficulty?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    I'm working out at home and I'm doing 3x20 Squats for my work-out. By now I reached the point where I can do them without any bigger challenge. Now I'm conflicted. Should my next step be doing more squats (3×25? 3x30?) or are there variations of the squad which make it harder. The only equipment I have at home are 2 5kg dumbbells and 2 1kg dumbbells.

    submitted by /u/brother-brother-brot
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gymless tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 24 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back in shape

    Posted: 24 May 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Hello, guys! So I'm a 35yo F, no kids. I used to be super skinny fit, run a lot. Years have passed, I ran sporadically for the last 4-5 years and recently tried to go vegan. So I lost all the muscle and gained 15kg. I just don't know where to start to get back that awesome body. Now if I run 6km and do a little fasting doesn't do the same trick it did my 20s. I added some green tea supplements to my diet. I just have to lose all this fat and get back in shape but I feel like I don't know my body anymore; at least as I used to in my 20s. Help! 😓

    submitted by /u/ruxandral
    [link] [comments]

    Teen accountability buddy?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm 16f and I'm looking for a fellow teen as an accountability buddy for healthy eating and exercising for the next month. Preferably also a girl and/or counts calories, but I'm not picky haha.

    I'm having major back surgery in a month so I really need to stay in top shape before then!! I mostly do bodyweight exercises for abs/glutes and I try to eat a healthy high protein diet. We can check in at night and also help motivate/encourage each other whenever :)) and maybe share good exercise or food videos/tips too!

    submitted by /u/chiaseedsss
    [link] [comments]

    Single Dumbell Bicep Exercises

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    Does anybody know whats the best single dumbell biceps exercise? Been doing, 1)Single Dumbell Curl x15, 2) Cross body hammer curl x12 each side, 3) Drag Curl x12 each side, 4) Hammer curls x12 each side, 5)Waiter curl variation x 15.

    Any other exercises i should include? FYI, i have no bench so i cant do any exercises that require it.

    submitted by /u/pieceofshitzo
    [link] [comments]

    Right arm from shoulder down is larger than my left

    Posted: 24 May 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    As the title says I've got a beefier right arm than my left. I'm right hand dominant, and yes I do more with my right arm. Both arms have the same strength and endurance, but as my right is more dominant I do experience slightly better strength and endurance with it but nothing more worthy that would have one arm outclassing the other. I used to be a server and I fall into old habits and carry things above my head solely with my left arm and yet it looks leaner than right, while my right looks beefier. When flexing I feel more "tightness" or a pump in comparison. I'm only seeing this in my arms, everything else is close in proportion

    submitted by /u/httpelise
    [link] [comments]

    Should I aim for more reps or heavier weights ?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    I received contradictory information on this. Someone whose advices have all proven themselves to be true so far said that I should aim for higher weights on « big » exercices (squat deadlift bench overhead press) and more reps on isolation movements (hammer curls, pull overs) but I struggle to find the logic behind this. Anyone can explain ?

    submitted by /u/girlscloutcookie
    [link] [comments]

    Some sort of exercise that doesn’t involve knees ?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Hey guys , I have a medical problem in one of my knees for about a year now , starting to gain weight and wondering if anyone has some good exercises that's possible without using a knee ? Cardio preferably and don't have access to equipment at this time. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/james2705
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t really get that “high” a lot of people get after working out, or running

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    So I guess just for some context I'm 17M. In terms of my past, I played soccer pretty competitively until 9th grade, when I quit due to some personal issues. Since then, I've gained quite a bit of weight, and fell out of shape. Since quarantine has started, I wanted to try and get back in shape. However, every time I go out for a run, or work out at home, I never really get that rush of dopamine many other people get. Most people say they feel great after working out, but I just feel sticky, and exhausted. I don't know if its my mindset, or what, but if someone has any insights regarding this, please lmk. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jinnnxxxnacs
    [link] [comments]

    What order should my exercises be?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    I train biceps and shoulders together. Do I train biceps, shoulders, biceps, shoulders or finish training one muscle before moving on to the next muscle?

    submitted by /u/MexarlG
    [link] [comments]

    Change of routine: Keeping the weight off?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    I've reached my initial weight loss goal!! I just started a new job though, and while I'm WFH right now, when we start going back to work in person I'm worried that I won't be able to keep up my workouts and eating routines. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/HeadShouldersEsToes
    [link] [comments]

    Y'all ever use a slosh pipe?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    I recently discovered the "slosh pipe" while looking through DIY workout equipment. Anyways, I made one and the thing is a killer and really different than using free weights.

    Was wondering who has experience with these and what y'all like to do with them?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Northmansam
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment