• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 28, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 28, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 28, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - May 28, 2020

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What are some milestones to aim for in running?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I gained a bit of weight over quarantine so I'm planning to up my cardio game to slim down 10 pounds. I was already running twice a week on the treadmill so to encourage progress I was wondering if there were any milestones I should aim for with regards to overall health and fitness (such as the 2/3/4 plate benchmarks for powerlifting).

    I'm not particularly good at running so the most I've done at the moment is 6.5 mph for around 30 minutes on the treadmill (roughly an RPE 8 effort).

    submitted by /u/Galacticrevenge
    [link] [comments]

    Doing Arnold's Level 1

    Posted: 27 May 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Today I started doing Arnold's level 1 from his encyclopedia. I really like how he approaches the workouts and 6 days a week give me more motivation than 3, 4 or 5 days a week.

    In this workout routine when he talks about chin-ups he says do as many as you can at a time until you can make a total of 50, I'm assuming I should add weight when I reach that level. But my problem is I can barely do a chin-up, I can make half a chin up a couple times but that doesn't really count. What should I do instead of the chin-ups. I weigh 93kg/205lb and I am 186cm/6'1. My upper body (mostly back and shoulders) are my weak areas. Should I change the exercise to something else or keep trying until I do a full 1?

    submitted by /u/D4R3S1N
    [link] [comments]

    NSuns back accessoaries on Max bench day?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    Hello, just a quick question.

    How many people, or are we even suppose to do to back work on bench Max day? If we have deadlifts the day after? I feel like my bsck is destroyed from it before?

    submitted by /u/pamagiclol
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    I'm having knee pain and elbow joint pain on the daily basis is it safe to do weightlifting or bodyweight exercise or not thank you.

    submitted by /u/Agonp
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you have a day of low protein intake?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    What happens if you eat 1/3 of your supposed protein intake for a day? In my case, I ate 44g of protein today. How will that affect my muscles if it's just for today?

    submitted by /u/Cappai
    [link] [comments]

    Running: Go all out, tempo run or try to go for the longest distance?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:29 AM PDT

    So the summer is coming out, and i want to improve my physical condition. I have overweight (100 kg) and age of 16, so my goal is to lose a bit of weight too.

    My results: Around 18-19 KPH top speed. I can run only 150-200 M at speed of 12-15 KPH.

    As far as i know, going all out makes more injuries than results. So should i do more intersive training or go for the distance right now?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Ernest_Equile
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever consider yourself truly fit?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    I have exercized moderately every day for the past 7 months - it just dawned on me today. Overall I've noticed a massive improvement in my health, I have more focus and energy, my appetite is smaller, my skin looks better, a 10 minute walk from the shops carrying a week's worth of groceries feels like nothing and I frequently run up the stairs without thinking about it.

    Yet to myself, I am still not fit.

    You won't see me climb a mountain or even run - run, not jog - a mile. I can do 150 mountain climbers "easily" but start to get winded around the 130 mark. My forehead does not touch the floor when I do a pushup. I am miles ahead of myself when I first started out, but I would still not qualify myself as fit.

    I'm starting to realize that I might never see myself as fit, and the goal is to continuously improve. Am I wrong to think that? Is it possible to reach a fitness goal and think, yes, I am perfectly content being where I am.

    submitted by /u/Lattika
    [link] [comments]

    How do I efficiently train to hike 100 miles?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    A friend has proposed hiking a PCT section in early September. It would be around 100 miles, with many thousands of feet of elevation gain.

    I've gone backpacking before, 2 or 3 day trips. 7 miles a day. Nothing like this, where itll be 15 to 20 miles a day.

    Right now I'm in decent walking and cycling shape. I'm assuming that training to hike longer distances is mostly just a matter of hiking a lot, gradually increasing the distance, doing back to back hikes over the weekend and such.

    However I'm wondering if anyone has seen a plan for something like this, to make the training as efficient in delivering a result, as possible?

    submitted by /u/il1li2
    [link] [comments]

    James Smith Online Academy

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything through a search, what are everyone's opinions on insta-famous James Smith PT? He's quite the polarising character but much like that Vince Sant from v shred, has become really popular on social media. Has anyone joined his online program, and is it worth it? Or is it just a big hype?

    submitted by /u/naomaccia
    [link] [comments]

    I want to lean bulk and build only muscle - minimal fat. Can I still use olive oil?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    So when quarantine eventually ends I'm gonna go on a shopping free and buy ingredients for myself that are high in protein and low in fat. I want to put on a few kilograms of muscle. As it stands, I am 17 and 75kg. I've been 75kg for like 2 years now, which hasn't necessarily ever bothered me, but I still wanna change.

    I'm gonna cook meals for myself specifically catered to building muscle and avoiding excess fat. I understand fat is important in a diet, so I dont want to cut it out completely. Just enough that I'm putting on a lot more muscle than fat.

    In light of this, when cooking, can I still use high fat olive oil? I mean, I need to cook with SOMETHING. To my knowledge, olive oil isn't unhealthy, but would it aid me in building muscle rather than fat?

    submitted by /u/AlwaysGoBeyond
    [link] [comments]

    How to change workout routines?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I've been using this workout for a month or so, I add one rep to the lowest set every workout as I ran out of weights at home, I do PPLPPLR. I want to change it to this workout, but it has 4 sets of 10, while I have higher reps, won't I lose progress? Do I just do the same reps and sets? How do I transfer my current sets and reps to the new workout routine?

    These are my current workouts, reps and sets.

    Day 1- Push (Monday)

    Military Press (12,11,11)

    Bench Press (12,11,11)

    Decline press (10,9,9)

    Incline Bench Press (12,11,11)

    Lateral Raises (12,11,11,10)

    Day 2- Pull (Tuesday)

    barbell Rows (12,12,11)

    Single Arm Dumbbell Bench Rows (12,12,11)

    Reverse Flys (15,13,13)

    Deadlifts (15,15,14)

    Barbell Curls 3x10 or 3x15, (13,12,11) Reverse barbell curls (12, 10, 9)

    Dumbbell Curls 10, 9, 9

    Day 3 - Legs (Wednesday)

    Squats (15,13,13)

    Lunges (15,13,13)

    Leg curls (15,13,13)

    Calf raises (15,13,13)

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/ICraveSleep_
    [link] [comments]

    How to get cut while still having fun

    Posted: 27 May 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    I love biking and average around 200-300 miles a week but I still have a very high body fat percentage. Would adding in some rock climbing around 5 times a week for an hour and a half help reduce body fat? I'm not looking to gain muscle mass as added weight slows you down biking significantly. I'd just like to not have a gut and man boobs. Or is this more of a diet thing? Thanks

    submitted by /u/GupBuck
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment