• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 27, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Started a Discord so I can build a support group

    Beginner Fitness: Started a Discord so I can build a support group


    Started a Discord so I can build a support group

    Posted: 27 May 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I've been doing a lot of reflecting over the past week and noticed that there are some things I'd like to work on in both my personal and work life. I started listening to the 7 Habits of Highly Effective people and decided that I want to surround myself with positive, like-minded people that want to improve themselves too.

    I started a discord to help me find these kinds of people so it's open to anyone. I wouldn't necessarily call this an accountability group. This is gonna be a place to chill out and receive support while we can talk about/move towards our personal goals and become better people. no set times, just hop in on the audio channel whenever you're free.

    if this is something you're interested in, here's the link: https://discord.gg/ZzV47q

    submitted by /u/WayfaringWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to start running

    Posted: 27 May 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    ...but my shins start hurting just a few steps in.

    I actually feel motivated to run, we recently got a pretty energetic dog that I've been taking on a brisk walk almost daily (some days the husband takes her). I love it and want to step it up and start jogging but my shins start hurting immediately. What can I do to improve this?

    Fyi I'm not overweight, just very very out of shape and I haven't regularly exercised in a very long time.

    submitted by /u/forgotthelastonetoo
    [link] [comments]

    Chloe Ting workouts or Fitness Blender + dumbbells?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I've been pretty bummed out since the pandemic hit right when I made a commitment to start lifting at an actual gym. In the meantime, I cleaned up my eating habits; it's not perfect, but I'm doing IF and loosely CICO and have already dropped a few pounds and feel way less bloated on the daily. I was wondering what might be a better way to work out at home: the famous Chloe Ting 2 week/summer shred videos with no weights, or Fitness Blender videos with dumbbells? For reference I'm what might be known as "skinny fat"; most of the fat I have is conjoined in my stomach and some in my thighs and arms. My goal is to tone out and feel generally more firm lol. What should I do at home before I can start weight training at a gym?

    submitted by /u/rorororosa
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I do not speak English very well. I am a personal trainer from Argentina and recently I have two clients in the USA and I do not know if I am charging very little for my work. I am charging uSd 50 for nutritional plan and training planning. When does a coach cost money in your countries? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/FueguinoRediturro
    [link] [comments]

    Lower abs hurt

    Posted: 27 May 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    Hi

    Not really on any regiment ...at the moment. Working on starting...have some mental challenges next to some - issues and well,building up the strengt to start again...

    But: I have hurt my lower abs. I do leg raises lying down and on pullup bar, bridges, flutterkicks, bicycle crunches,heal touches. Now when I do a deadhang or pullup or these ab-exercises, my most lower ab area hurts like hell....really hard also...

    Can I exercise through this or should I wait till it subsides??..

    submitted by /u/CalesthenicsCat75
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment