• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 14, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - March 14, 2020

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    13 lbs in 3½ months too quick bulk?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    Heyo! (For reference i'm F 6'1 Tall).
    Start weight: 169lbsCurrent weight: 182lbs

    So i started my first bulk 3½ months ago, since then ive gained 13 lbs. Is this too much of a gain in just alittle over three months? Esp for a female with little to none testosterone which means i'm not capable of getting the same amount of lean mass?

    I'm starting to consider a mini cut or already starting my cutting phase since i feel like i've gained too much, i know i've definitely made gains aswell since my lifts have gone up.

    I can already see some definition (Mainly upper body, and my glutes have exploded). But i can definitely already see what in my eyes is quite alot of fat gain. So, any tips? Where would you go from here? Cut back to maintenance, try a minicut, enter cut phase already and get abit leaner before summer or just keep bulking but dial back alittle? Also my goal is not to become the strongest person either, or bigger for that matter. Initially i planned on bulking and then cutting back to a relatively the same weight as before but looking aesthetically better.

    These are some of the Lifts before bulk and now 3½ months in:

    Deadlift: 146 lbs
    Squat: 33 lbs (I always sucked at squatting so they were / and is still lacking behind). Focused mainly on form lately.
    Hip thrust: 100 lbs
    Bench: 44 lbs
    Chin up: 1 with bad form

    Lifts after 3 months:

    Deadlift: 242 lbs
    squat: 130 lbs
    Hip thrust: 330 lbs
    Bench: 99 lbs
    Chin up: 4 with good form

    submitted by /u/melynda12
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Ideal Cardio Workout for Obese People?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    i am 5'4 and i am 200 (i've lost 30 pounds before going to the gym, but i figured i needed to work out than just eat healthy) I have gone to the gym for atleast 2 weeks now. and i can't seem to find a perfect schedule.

    i want to focus on cardio for now to lose weight and not building muscles.

    What can I do if i just want cardio? I have only done the bike and treadmill with no break days. In one of my previous posts( i was just wondering why i couldn't run a mile today, but i easily did it yesterday) someone states that I should run every other day.

    I haven't built a solid workout schedule yet and i'm hesitant to have a break day; idk if it's helpful.

    submitted by /u/7clock5
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my shoulders hurt after Barbell squats?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I seem to have this problem for some time and the discomfort in my shoulder and eventually pain comes after/during the Barbell squat. I had my Barbell position over my back, angle of my hand and squat form checked by trainer and it's alright.. I've tried different angles and positions on the bar.. 1. Is this a know problem/ have you seen faced before.. 2. What can I do better ? max weight I can lift is around my bodyweight (66kg) and can do a 50kg lunges.. 3. What are my alternatives? I don't want to hit the machines,I feel its isolated movements and puts unnecessary pressure on your back /knees.. 4. Or could there something else that I could be doing such as a wrong shoulder exercise whose effects are seen during the squats..?

    submitted by /u/percysaiyan
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Fitness Pro-Tips Megathread!

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Monthly Fitness Pro-Tips Megathread!

    This thread is for sharing quick tips (don't you dare call them hacks, that word is stupid) about training, equipment use, nutrition, or other fitness connected topics that have improved your fitness experience.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Foam rolling IT band or no?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I've been getting heavier into running and I've been rolling out my IT band but after doing some research, there are sites saying not to roll out the IT Band, that it's supposed to be rigid and inflexible for support. I've been rolling out my legs and have been getting good results (less back pain, less lateral knee pain) but I don't want to inadvertently cause damage. However, there are other sources contradicting the above information, saying that it is beneficial to foam roll there. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/bothole
    [link] [comments]

    Using a Leg Extension machine as a bench

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    So i wanted a bench with included leg extension/curl attachement, but they all kinda suck. so i found this https://fitwinkel.be/artikel/6822/body-solid-seated-leg-extension-supine-curl.html legg extension machine wich u can flatten. so now im thinking of just buying this and use it as a bench too. would this work?

    submitted by /u/kirri008
    [link] [comments]

    Thin arms but peaking biceps?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    I've seen some non-lifting people with thin arms, who for some reason have peaking biceps when flexed, even good triceps bulges. I on the other hand have gained some girth by training, but biceps still aren't peaking when I flex them. What makes the difference?

    submitted by /u/Libecht
    [link] [comments]

    Confused with how many sets in 5/3/1 training program

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    I read the 5/3/1 program here: https://thefitness.wiki/routines/5-3-1-for-beginners/

    I understand the TM and RM

    But i am confused with sets

    For example:

    Monday: Squats and brench (plus assistance workout)

    The spreadsheet in the link :https://i.imgur.com/05FX6ue.png

    mentions a total of 11 sets for squats and 11 sets for bench

    So, is that right? Because 11 sets seems alot

    If not, how many sets and reps for bench and squats? I can calculate the RM

    submitted by /u/Botatitsbest
    [link] [comments]

    405 dead 225 squat

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Pretty much the title, i have absolutely no idea how it's possible for me to do. i bench 30 lbs more than i squat. my legs look pretty good, but maybe they just aren't strong. Anyone able to enlighten me about this?

    submitted by /u/lll_dlcky
    [link] [comments]

    Weak Shoulders at Start of Press. Help Please.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    I have weak shoulders. Simple as. Doing OH Presses, I'm weak pressing from the rack position, yet lock out is not a problem. Same issue with benching. Weak off the chest, lock out no problem.

    Are there any movements I can incorporate to strengthen the shoulders at the start of the press.

    I'm currently doing 5/3/1 going on to BBB soon. Will the volume of 5x10 do the job?

    submitted by /u/therearenomorenames2
    [link] [comments]

    How do you push yourself with larger weights when eating at a deficit?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    I feel like I can't push the same weight as I could when I was eating at maintenance. What do you guys think of when pushing weight? Is your mind blank or painting a picture? Thinking about family or crushes?

    I can't seem to find the right mindset to choose fight instead of flight.

    submitted by /u/TrendyLepomis
    [link] [comments]

    Renegade Row and Flat Bench Press

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    A noob question but is the Renegade Row (a horizontal pull) a good choice for balancing out the flat bench press (horizontal push). Not sure if I'm posting this basic question in the right sub reddit to be honest..

    submitted by /u/GamerPatrick2017
    [link] [comments]

    strength training and flatfeet

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    hello,

    I have been working out for quite sometime now. I have used just a normal "workout shoe" for years. I am also flat footed. I have worked out legs and for sometime, did what felt comfortable for me as far as foot position. My vastus lateralis is severally weak. I understand this is because of my squat position. I usually do squats and incorporate a sled doing pushes and pulls. My question is this. Whats a good shoe to help my squat form that I can use for my workouts. If I left anything out, please just ask. Thank you

    submitted by /u/all_glory_tothe_toad
    [link] [comments]

    Intensity and Volume.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    Currently I train five days a week hitting every major muscle group once a week. This means I clump all my volume into one day for each muscle group. I've recently heard this can lead to overtraining. I want to optimize my programming so I want to know if the following would be better.

    I would hit each muscle group two times a week, decreasing the the amount of sets per workout, but increasing volume. I would keep it about 15 sets per workout, twice a week. Meaning 30 sets a week.

    Also, I have been training for some time now, so will that affect my decision.

    Note: I would push my self as hard as I could for each workout keeping intensity high, but not going below 6-7 reps a set

    submitted by /u/jfislaa
    [link] [comments]

    Bicep brachii contribution during pronated bicep curls? What about the brachioradialis during supinated curls?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    How much does the bicep brachii contribute towards pronated bicep curls? The brachialis would be the primary mover for bicep curls regardless of hand position, right? And the brachioradialis is the synergist muscle because it's responsible for probation and partial elbow flexion?

    How much does the brachioradialis and bicep brachii contribute during supinated and neutral position bicep curls?

    submitted by /u/Moist_n_Supple_Butt
    [link] [comments]

    Stretches for extremely flexible people

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    My girlfriend is extremely flexible and after a workout isn't about to stretch her muscles out, she can't stretch to a point where she can feel it, does this mean its not doing anything?

    submitted by /u/-Gentleman
    [link] [comments]

    Umm am i unbelievably weak and just don't know it yet?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Im kind of fat and have absolutely no frame.I tried lifting dumbells after my friends bragged about having 10-40 kg of them at home and use it.So i found some at home and behold.I felt the sensation of a psychic using a gravitational attack on my arms when i tried lifting with them.Now this is the worst part.Theyre fucking 5kg.Im 19 and i don't exercise at all but I shouldn't be THIS unfit.I tried jump rope too and could only last a minute jumping.I don't even feel like a beginner.I feel reeeeally bad and more self conscious about myself.Makes sense that my playfights with friends usually end up with me losing.But then again they don't go gym either and aren't even muscular

    submitted by /u/GladiatorBedWarmer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment