• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 28, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Shoulder Injury - How long to rest and how to prevent in the future?

    Beginner Fitness: Shoulder Injury - How long to rest and how to prevent in the future?


    Shoulder Injury - How long to rest and how to prevent in the future?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    I hurt my shoulder doing bench press almost a week ago and have stopped working out completely since only testing it occassionally. It doesn't have any pain now but both shoulders click when I raise my arms above my head as if doing an overhead shoulder press so I'm not sure if I'm ready to start working out again and don't want to cause further injury. Is it safe to continue exercising when my shoulders are clicking or how long should I wait until resuming?

    Also I'm interested in preventing further injury in the future. I have watched a video on form of the bench press and think I may have had that slightly wrong and not given my rotator cuffs enough room to move by having my elbows too high but my program is quite taxing on the shoulders. It's a PPL program in which I do Bench Press, Overhead Shoulder Press, Press-ups and Skullcrushers on the first day and (among other things) Dumbbell Rows and Barbells Rows on the second day. These can all use the shoulder muscles and I'm questioning whether this may be a reason for the injury. (My shoulders have definetely grown in size more than any other body part since I started). I do three sets of each exercise on it's allocated day and go close to failure each set. Essentially, I'm working shoulders very heavy 2 days a week and then using them quite a bit again another two days a week without resting them after the heavier days. I assume these exercises are quite common in PPL programs though so I'm not sure whether this is contributing the injury.

    submitted by /u/ReusGotzeGuerreiro
    [link] [comments]

    Comparison

    Posted: 28 Jul 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    Is it more effective to do 100 reps of bodyweight squats divided into 4 sets x 25 reps or 3-4 sets x 5-7 reps of Ring pistol squats for legs hypertrophy?

    submitted by /u/TheoOG5
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment