• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 15, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: How to make it easier to exercise when it's hot

    Beginner Fitness: How to make it easier to exercise when it's hot


    How to make it easier to exercise when it's hot

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 05:13 AM PDT

    I want to stick to exercising, but in a heatwave it's not easy. I'm doing the obvious things like drinking iced water, and when I exercise indoors I can put an electric fan on (England doesn't do air conditioning). Anything else anyone has found helps?

    submitted by /u/Chel_G
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for a complete gym noob

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    This is my first post here so forgive me if this has been asked before.

    I have barely ever been in a gym in my life. The little exercise I have done in the past was at home. I'm pretty much average build but I've noticed putting on a bit of weight so I've finally decided to commit to going to the gym to get fit. I have bought a few things like a bag, clothes, etc because for me putting some money into it helps get me invested.

    So, with all that in mind, I was wondering if anyone had any tips to get started? It's best to assume I'm starting from scratch, and have minimal fitness.

    What would be a good all round fitness routine for each trip to the gym? Or over the course of the week? How often should I go to the gym at first, and for how long each time?

    Is there any gym etiquette I should be aware of? Any must have gear/clothing/etc I should have that I haven't thought of?

    Basically, I'm brand new at all this and would like some comprehensive help to get started. Once I know what to do I think I can work from there myself.

    I realise this is a lot, but I would really appreciate any help and advice anyone has. If I've missed anything then please let me know too.

    submitted by /u/BoreusSimius
    [link] [comments]

    Am I overworking myself?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    I walk around 5k just on my feet at work 5x a week, then about 4-5x a week I walk 6k after work because I'm trying to lose weight. My feet are sore and throbbing and my legs are starting to ache and get itchy, but despite this, even on my rest days I feel like I NEED to get up and go walk or I'm not doing enough. Is this unhealthy?

    Background I used to have an eating disorder so I'm scared I'm falling back into it with this

    submitted by /u/Beansx6
    [link] [comments]

    Personal trainer.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    I'm on week 3 of going back to the gym after a pandemic, yesterday I got suckered into getting extra personal training sessions. Back story, I was doing the golds gym challenge last year and had one extra PT session left. Tried to use that last session yesterday and got talked into getting an extra 8 sessions 25min each at a total of $276. My question is What's the best way for recovery after a massive ass kicking besides rest? I Should add I work at a warehouse unloading trucks all day 6 days a week, so I honestly never get a full "rest day" unless I use my one day off as a no gym day. 😅

    submitted by /u/night_crawler101
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment