• Breaking News

    Monday, July 12, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Gym hair

    Beginner Fitness: Gym hair


    Gym hair

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    I've been working out for a while now, but have yet to figure out what to do with my hair. I usually wash it every three days to preserve the natural oils, but it also gets sweaty at the gym. I use dry shampoo but it takes out the moisture from my hair. If anyone has any good hair tips of how to keep your hair clean while working out, or any product recommendations, I'd much appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/scherlar
    [link] [comments]

    Bulking and Cutting

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    I'm trying to out on muscle, and I've been reading about cutting and bulking. I want to drop some body fat because I'm not quite as lean as I would want to be, maybe 5/10 pounds or so that I wanna drop, but I also want to build muscle, but I'm scared of the fat gain because in the end I'll have to lose more fat than I already have. Would eating at maintenance and lifting progressively result in fat loss?

    submitted by /u/FairyGodDaddy
    [link] [comments]

    Machines v. Free weights

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    I'm super new with to going to the gym (only gone twice in the two weeks I've had a membership) and I'm still trying to get comfortable. I eventually want to get to a point of using the free weights, but all I can talk myself into is using machines. At what point do I need to stop the machines and switch to free weights?

    Sidebar: I've got some serious anxiety I'm working through, and I'm proud of what I've done so far, but I just want to be able to see a physical difference and know I can get more out of free weights when I can get to that point

    submitted by /u/Dinosaurjukebox
    [link] [comments]

    How to tone

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 02:12 PM PDT

    I need to know how to tone my tummy without losing my boobs?! Everytime I workout to tone my abs, my boobs get smaller. They are already really really small. So when I work out and the shrink more it really hurts my confidence and self esteem. Any advice would be great!

    submitted by /u/ittybittyme4u85
    [link] [comments]

    Is 1400 calories low for cutting?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 12:31 AM PDT

    I'm 15, about 124lbs and I'm 5'5, my maintenance is 1600

    submitted by /u/pointmeatoneright
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my workout

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Hi guys, recently I've started doing a new leg day as part of a PPL split and I was wondering what you guys think of it

    5x6-8 Back Squats 4x8-10 Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts 3x10-12 per leg Dumbbell Reverse Lunges 4x12-15 Dumbbell Goblet Squats 4x12-15 Machine Calf Raises

    I was also considering adding 4 sets of 10 per leg of Bulgarian split squats before the calf raises because I feel like my quads are lagging, or is there a better exercise for my quads? Should I keep the current routine, or add the split squats? Thanks

    submitted by /u/FairyGodDaddy
    [link] [comments]

    How does this look for a beginner workout split?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    I was doing some research on what a good beginner workout split would look like. What are some thoughts about this to start out with? All of this paired with walking/running?

    Strength training three days a week, one hour per session

    High-intensity interval training one day a week, 20 minutes per session

    Steady-state cardio one day a week, 35 to 45 minutes per session

    Two days of active recovery

    submitted by /u/BrilliantBall8168
    [link] [comments]

    What's a normal heart rate for moderate exercise when starting out?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I'm 38F, 170 lb and pretty unfit. My resting heart rate is around 70/75, which goes up to around 100 when I'm walking at a normal pace and and 120 / 125 when I'm walking fast. If I run, or do more intense activity it's around 150, sometimes higher. Is this normal for someone who's overweight and quite unfit? How long might it take for before I see my heart rate lower with regular exercise and how is best to achieve this?

    I have quite a bit of anxiety around my heart rate as a few year's back, shortly after the birth of my first child, I had a heart murmur and ectopic beats diagnosed. Now, these have been fully investigated and doctor's tell me they are benign and won't cause any problems, and in fact exercise will help keep my heart healthy. However, I developed quite severe health anxiety after this which has led me to avoid exercise. Before this, I was quite fit, went kickboxing and to the gym regularly.

    Now, I'm gaining quite a bit of weight and I realise I'm damaging my health. I've always had a big appetite, but didn't really gain weight as I was so active. However, I just can't seem to get over this fear and anxiety I feel. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess I'm seeking reassurance that my heart rate is normal. Or any tips to help overcome this fear which is sabotaging my health and fitness.

    Thanks so much for reading and any help you can give.

    submitted by /u/blufrozen
    [link] [comments]

    Weights vs. Resistance Bands

    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    I've been wanting to add some at home workouts to the HIIT workouts I do at a studio. Where I go is pretty pricey so I can't afford another membership.

    I've been looking at dumbbells and resistance bands. I cannot afford a whole set of dumbbells. Would a set of resistance bands be as good of a workout? They're so much cheaper.

    submitted by /u/Wino_expert
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment