• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 24, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Can I gain muscle definition at my current weight without a calorie deficit?

    Beginner Fitness: Can I gain muscle definition at my current weight without a calorie deficit?


    Can I gain muscle definition at my current weight without a calorie deficit?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 09:21 PM PDT

    I weigh roughly the 'appropriate' amount for my height, but lack muscle definition. I work out regularly- mostly calisthenics. Can I gain muscle definition at my current weight without a calorie deficit? I don't want to lose weight, but just look more fit at my current weight. can I achieve that with just exercising without a calorie deficit?

    submitted by /u/tealand
    [link] [comments]

    Leg Day

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    so, i went to the gym for the second time this week, which is a personal record. I hit almost all the leg machines except for the leg press and didn't do squats this time because im too nervous as a beginner lol. my question is can i still build muscle as a beginner doing a routine of leg curls, hip extension, glute kickbacks, and leg extensions? 4-5 sets, 8-12 reps for each. Or do I need to incorporate squats ASAP?

    submitted by /u/thucydidestrap726
    [link] [comments]

    Are you sore and Stiff after a long day of work? Try this gentle Evening 10 Minute Yoga Flow To relax for Restful and Deeper Sleep

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    https://youtu.be/ed-5UvSk-qI

    Practicing yoga before bedtime is a terrific way to release everything you're holding onto mentally or physically before sinking into a peaceful night of deep sleep. Evening 10 Minute Yoga Flow To relax for Restful Sleep

    If this is too difficult, join the 30 Day Wellness Journey Flourish : a Yoga and Pilates alternating days daily workouts join for FREE! https://www.anniepilatesphysicaltherapist.com/flourish

    Incorporating a relaxing yoga practice into your nighttime routine may improve the quality and duration of your sleep. This is especially beneficial for people who sleep lightly, have insomnia, or have limited time to sleep.

    Read on to learn about the benefits of bedtime yoga, yoga postures to try, and tips for success.

    Benefits

    1. Alleviates insomnia Practicing yoga regularly can help you to manage symptoms of insomnia. You may be able to fall asleep quicker, sleep for longer, and go back to sleep after waking up at night.

    Research from 2019Trusted Source points to the effectiveness of yoga and other mind-body therapies in treating insomnia and promoting better sleep. In addition to yoga, people who practiced meditation, tai chi, and qigong experienced improved sleep patterns.

    More in-depth studies are needed to expand upon these findings.

    1. Weight loss A consistent yoga practice is related to weight loss and quality sleep. Doing yoga before bed may help you to sleep better, which has a positive effect on weight maintenance and weight loss. It may also help you to be more mindful of your eating habits.

    2. Improves sleep quality and quality of life Yoga is a natural alternative to pharmaceutical sleep aids that are often given to older adults.

    Researchers in a 2013 studyTrusted Source looked at the long-term effects of practicing yoga in older adults. They found that practicing yoga had a positive effect on the quality of sleep and overall life in comparison to the control group, who didn't see as many benefits.

    1. Promotes relaxation Yoga may help to put your body in a calm state, known as the relaxation response. This is the opposite of the fight-or-flight response. Doing calming yoga poses may help you to relax and enter a lower state of arousal.

    This may cause you to have lower blood pressure and lower amounts of the stress hormone cortisol. A routine may help to alleviate stress-related concerns such as weight gain, anxiety, and insomnia.

    Drawbacks There aren't many drawbacks to doing yoga before bed as long as you do the poses safely. If you feel that even gentle poses will stimulate your mind or body enough to keep you awake, then it's best to avoid them. Instead, focus on meditation, breathing techniques, or tai chi.

    Your body may be more open and flexible in the later hours of the day. Use muscular strength to balance flexibility and avoid pushing yourself beyond your limits. If you have any medical concerns, including injuries, speak to your doctor before starting a new practice. Please leave a comment for any specific question with this video.

    yoga #eveningyoga #relaxingyoga

    submitted by /u/annie-pilates
    [link] [comments]

    I need advice

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:53 PM PDT

    I live in a household that always mocks me for trying to lose weight and laughs at me for trying to eat small meals. I lost all motivation to work out thanks to them and I feel disappointed in giving up trying to get better. I'm trying to lose weight now since I really want to change and I'll try to ignore what they say, but I don't know where to start. I have a lot of free time but no equipments and I'm not allowed to go outside cuz of COVID. Can y'all give me some wise words?

    submitted by /u/Nothingtosee210
    [link] [comments]

    30 MIN MORNING PILATES WORKOUT | Low-Impact Full Body Workout At Home | No Equipment

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    Need a beginner strength training routine, but all I have is 5 pound weights

    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    Okay so I'm too scared to go to the gym still cuz covid and I like working out outside anyways. So I am wondering what everyone's beginners workout routines are? I'm hoping I can find something that I can do 4-5 days a week, hopefully without an app. Any suggestions? What are y'all's routines

    submitted by /u/unhinged_lady
    [link] [comments]

    Always getting sick after working out

    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    Hey guys :)

    I just started doing some fitness again (running and home workouts), and i have the problem that once i do workouts i always get sick the next day. And i dont mean sore mussles, but like running nose headache and coughing sick. I dont think thats normal, do you have any clue what i can do to not get sick after workout?

    Back like 5 years ago when i used to to alot alot of fitness, i also had that problem when i did like a way to heavy workout.

    Thanks for any tipps :)

    submitted by /u/neverdieTRX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment