• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 8, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Protein at Each Meal is Required for Muscle Growth

    Beginner Fitness: Protein at Each Meal is Required for Muscle Growth


    Protein at Each Meal is Required for Muscle Growth

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Hi All - How are you doing on the nutrition side of things if you are trying to build muscle? This article talks about the importance of adding protein to each meal - taken from research from the Journal of Nutrition. Take a look here. As usual, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Thanks

    submitted by /u/michaeljefit
    [link] [comments]

    Complete Beginners Flexibility 30 Day Challenge

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    If you're curious about yoga or just not sure where to begin, I highly recommend my FREE beginners yoga for inflexibility series which takes you through various styles of yoga that you can try out and see what you love most.

    The best part is that there's nothing fancy or acrobatic about it! It's yoga for the true beginner and inflexible person taking you through accessible poses and modifications to make you feel your best mentally and physically.

    It's completely free and available when ever you need!

    Get the entire playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCIrre1vyDlybJmrSb19MiVWnve5slKTJ

    submitted by /u/HealingThroughLight
    [link] [comments]

    HAVE YOU BEEN GOING TO THE GYM ??

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Hey guys just wondering how many of you are currently struggling with working out due to closed gyms. how it going for you?? if you have any questions in regard to this topic let me know I might be able to give you some tips. .

    submitted by /u/edgarbugs23
    [link] [comments]

    Bulking Advice Needed

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    5'9 142 lbs Male ~ 12% to 15% Body Fat

    • Hey, I'm bulking for the first time and need some advice :).
    • I lift 4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) and get at least 10k steps a day. I also try and do at least one 30 minute HIIT session on the peloton once a week. I'm also a golfer, I normally golf once a week, but if I end up golfing more than once, then sometimes I skip the peloton session.
    • I'm consuming around 2,700 to 2,800 calories a day (~ 150 to 200g protein, 300 to 450g carbs, and around 40g fats)

    Am I consuming enough calories and do my macros look good?

    submitted by /u/baseball_121
    [link] [comments]

    These are hands down 13 of the best/most fun hamstring exercises you can do right at home!

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    When it comes to training hamstrings it's super tough to get a good workout from home. Most don't have the right equipment or can't seem to wrap their mind around making it work with what they have.

    Here are 13 of the best at home hamstring exercises you can do with little equipment.

    submitted by /u/Fitness4BackPain
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Feel Anything In My Chest... During Chest Workouts

    Posted: 07 Sep 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys, this is my first post here so let me know if this isn't the right place for this haha,

    I'll start off by giving a little context to my fitness journey. I'm 17, 5'9", and about 160 lbs. I'd say I have a skinny-fat physique may be about 20% body fat just based on diagrams and stuff. My big problem is that I'm considerably weaker than other guys my age. Currently, I can maybe bench just the bar consistently for a set (of 12-15) before getting tired, or about 65lbs when doing 8 rep sets. I've been going to the gym in pretty short, random bursts since I was 15, and haven't really gotten considerably stronger since then.

    This time, however, I'm really putting in the effort and trying my best to go consistently, no matter what. This is my second week of this attempt, and I noticed that my chest workouts seem to be extremely ineffective. With my other muscle groups, I can at least feel them being worked, or at least sore the next morning. With Chest I feel nothing at all. When I'm benching (or doing any chest workout for that matter) I feel it ALL in my arms, and hardly anything in my chest if at all. I'm told my form is pretty good, but I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

    I've heard that it might be because my arms are pretty weak as well, and that's why I'm just not feeling it in my chest, but maybe my chest is considerably weaker than the rest of my (already very weak) body. Also, my muscle endurance is pretty poor too. When I'm benching or curling, I pretty early on reach a point where I just can't move my arms any further whatsoever, it just feels locked in place as if I'm wearing a cast.

    I'm just looking for tips on what I can do to improve these areas specifically since I seem to be doing fine with shoulder, back, and leg exercises.

    One more thing: I know I'm throwing the word 'weak' in a lot, it's not coming out of a place of self-pity. I'm just trying to put things into perspective and provide some context.

    TL;DR - Gym newbie, arms kinda 'lock' after a certain point and I'm unable to progress further in arm and chest workouts. Also can't feel anything in my chest during chest workouts.

    submitted by /u/ariq_ah
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment