• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 9, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Rant Wednesday

    Beginner Fitness: Rant Wednesday


    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I not losing fat?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Hi everybody!

    I've been working out for about 4 months now (constantly and eating healthier) in the past I have always been able to shed off some pounds by exercising and eating healthier but these four months have been so hard.

    I have definitely slimed out a bit and I can tell my legs and arms are getting toned but my belly fat has been very stubborn and it's not going away.

    What am I doing wrong? I eat around 1,500-1,700 calories a day and burn around 2,500 on a good day. So there's a deficit right? My diet consists of protein shakes, whole grains, chicken, beef, rice, vegetables, eggs, fruits and nuts and the occasional chocolate and cookie treat.

    I usually do a muscle group with weights and 30 mins of low impact cardio.

    Would someone be able to help me??

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rebedb
    [link] [comments]

    Peanut Butter: Worth it for protein desperation?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:36 AM PDT

    I'm trying to cut down on carbs/fats and eat more protein to get leaner. I never manage to hit any of those goals, I had to use whey protein but now I can't afford it anymore, so I want to increase my daily protein intake with the limited access to food I have.

    Say I got peanut butter. 2 teaspoons gives 3g carbs, 3g protein, and 5g fats, all of which equal 60 calories. Is it a good idea to take this daily if I need more protein, or is it not worth it because of the fats?

    For the record, I've started exercising and losing 244 calories a day.

    submitted by /u/wifeofundyne
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any difference in the effect of two handed dumbbell swings Vs two handed kettle bell swing?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    Hi I really wanted to do kettle bell swings, as they look like very promising type of cardio. But my gym doesn't have kettle bells. So should I buy them or will dumbbells be a good alternative? Note: iam only intent upon doing the two handed swing . Thank you

    submitted by /u/Netero1999
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - September 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How could I be (slightly) below my starting weight despite having constantly increased weights for the last three months, eating quite a large amount, and having noticeably bigger and leaner looking arms/legs/back/chest?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    I had fairly low body fat before (lower now though). I'd agree if you said something doesn't add up with what I just typed!

    submitted by /u/1endedstick
    [link] [comments]

    The only gym within walking distance from me is Planet Fitness

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 02:20 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    The only gym within walking distance from me is Planet Fitness, and that's 30 minutes. I can't afford a car and just work from home at my grandma's house. The other gym which is a commnerical gym, is about an hour and a half walking.

    Is it possible to get a good workout with only dumbbells, a Smith machine, a pull up bar and various other machines? Or should I just stick to bodyweight workouts at home?

    submitted by /u/TrumpBRO
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of training should I do

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    I've never trained before so I know nothing about fitness or weightlifting. I'm 18, 132lb and 5'7.

    Some pics:

    https://ibb.co/yF7sVx3 https://ibb.co/5R5wLFC

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Lukerfull
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of training suits my goal?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    My goal is to build stamina because I get tired easily, but at the same time I don't want to be skinny like runners, I want to build some muscles, not big ones but just to look fit. Any advice please?

    I'm thinking about combining weight lifting and running but im not sure, what do you think?

    submitted by /u/aym4ne
    [link] [comments]

    Max sled leg press weight?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    I wheiht 77kg and I started working out for a month and a half. I do 40kg with 10×4 reps with 1 minute rest. I want to know what the maximum wheiht that I can press?

    submitted by /u/oussama1302
    [link] [comments]

    Rebreathing on BB OHP

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Big problem I have with sets of heavy OHP that are 5 or higher in reps, is the need to rebreathe after the in initial unrack. I've tried rebreathing at the start and end position and both result in a SIGNIFICANTLY harder subsequent rep. I've tried rebreathing even after 1 rep and the rest of the set was barely manageable. I've watched a fair bit of Brian alshure videos on breathing and bracing, but for some reason for OHP I can never do it. For context on my bench I breathe at the top

    submitted by /u/Eric_the_Dickish
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my bench much weaker compared to other lifts?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    20M

    I have been lifting for a little while now and just recovering from sleep apnea and a broken ulna and radius.

    I have never been able to bench very much compared to my other lifts even pre broken arm and post.

    My max bench is actually after my broken arm and I can't figure out what I need to work on to get it up.

    Side note, I find on dumbbell exercises my left arm(one that was broken) gets exhausted before my right arm.

    Lifts:

    Bench: 265x1 Squat: 415x1 Deadlift 510x1

    Pls help

    submitted by /u/Abstructions
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment