• Breaking News

    Monday, September 28, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Body calorie adaptation

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Hey! Not sure if this was the correct subreddit but I would like to throw it out there anyway.

    How do you let your body get used to a higher calorie intake?

    I've been starving myself for quite a long time, half to lose weight, but mainly because I needed to save up money, hence skipping lunch and breakfast and eating only dinner. If it's important, I lost about 15kg during my period of starving. I feel that I should start going back to a more normal meal plan, such as just lunch and dinner as I do not have the need to save up money again. However, now that i started eating more naturally, my weight is going back up slowly, which is natural but my question is that will it adapt? For example, will the weight be a bell curve for awhile then drop back down? Is there any other way for my body to get used to it?

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/gagagaOrange
    [link] [comments]

    How does Morton's Toe effect running and sports?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    I've never paid attention to my feet in detail, but as of recently I have been obsessing over improving every single part of my body to make me a better athlete. I usually run long distance and never noticed any problems with my running. However, I recently noticed that my feet do over pronate and I have Morton's Toe. Although it isn't severe I am wondering if there are any athletic advantages or disadvantages to having this condition.

    submitted by /u/H1flavio
    [link] [comments]

    3 weeks on Weights, 3 weeks on Cardio rotation?

    Posted: 21 Sep 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    I only dedicate an hour and half 3 times a week to working out, and I've always always felt like I don't get anywhere flipping back and fourth between cardio and weights every other visit.

    I read that using muscle memory to your advantage, you can take breaks from working out and still get the same gains as some one who took no breaks from a 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off rotation (this was with regular people as opposed to amateurs).

    Long story short, would this rotation of cardio and weights be a compromise on either? I care more about my lifts. (2 years in to working out)

    Edit: Thank you for all the feedback! I'm glad I asked before doing something detrimental.

    submitted by /u/Scryotechnic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment