• Breaking News

    Monday, September 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 12:34 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Fitness Pro-Tips Megathread!

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Monthly Fitness Pro-Tips Megathread!

    This thread is for sharing quick tips (don't you dare call them hacks, that word is stupid) about training, equipment use, nutrition, or other fitness connected topics that have improved your fitness experience.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Full workout on max test day?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I couldn't find anything on the internet. I am about to test my bench 1RM. I would like to do a full push workout as well. Is it bad to do a full workout the same day, after testing my max?

    submitted by /u/jwv0922
    [link] [comments]

    Gained 2kg in two weeks?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    So to start off with, I've lost about 30kg in the past year from eating clean and doing a bunch of cardio (walking jogging and basketball) to be specific.. In the last 3 weeks I've started lifting weights 6 days a weeks every night.. My diet consists of high protein (150 grams) and reasonably low carb (120grams) whole foods, I eat about 2200 calories per day and drink at least 3 litres of water everyday. So basically the question is, what is that 2kg ive gained, water weight? Fat? Muscle? Im paranoid about putting fat on again ever since losing it all, so that whys I thought I'd ask.

    5'9 75kg male

    submitted by /u/kingrattyB
    [link] [comments]

    How Can I Fit In The Time?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    So, as the title reads, I have a super cramped schedule. Between college classes, working overnight shifts at a hotel, working evening shifts at a retail establishment, and all important sleep, I have trouble fitting in time to begin my fitness journey.

    As I'm sure most overweight people do, I miss the Freshman Year Me. Not even freshman year of college -- high school. I was ~185lbs at the same height I am now (5'5 1/2") and physically capable of most things with easy. Of course, I was much younger -- that was almost 7 years ago. I'm now 233.5lbs and feel like garbage all of the time. My eating habits haven't changed and I still drink only water, but I get far less physical activity than I used to. I used to participate in Shotokan Karate classes (albeit that was from 6th to 8th grade) and be involved in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training (from 9th to 11th). I also used to have to participate in Physical Education classes in High School for 1 hour in school.

    All of that is to say -- I don't have the time for any of those things anymore.

    My question is this: how do busy men & women make the time for working out regularly? Do you have any tips for someone who's new to working out on their own?

    I know that even 30 minutes is better than nothing. My current plan is to, as regularly as possible, do 10-15 sit-ups and 10-15 pushups every hour that I am awake. Of course, I probably can't do that in my retail position, but during the overnight shift and during college courses (because they're all on Zoom) I could make it happen.

    Of course this will scale up in reps as I get more comfortable with the hourly sets, but I think it's a good starting place for now.

    All tips appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SuzerainShitstorm
    [link] [comments]

    Fascial rolls potentially harmful?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    I saw a comment on reddit a couple of months ago on how fascial rolls are potentially harmful if used in the wrong way/direction. Supposedly they can damage arterial valves (?) or something along these lines. Unfortunately, I was in a rush and closed the tab before saving the comment and/or linked studies. Anyone know more about this?

    submitted by /u/whydontyouthro
    [link] [comments]

    Training tendons

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    So for the last 10 years ive been obese and had low movement wich made my tendons weak.

    Ive started trainig and lost alot of weight but my tendons are weak. After reading about on google ive gotten even more confused.

    So i want increase my tendon strength specialy below my knees my knees hips shoulders arms and wrist/hands. I work out 4 times a week.

    Can someone give me tips excirse and a schedule with reps ty in advance

    submitted by /u/geedijuniir
    [link] [comments]

    Question about 531 BBB

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    I've detailed the 531 BBB program I'm interested in starting and just had a couple questions -

    1. Is what I've put below all I need to do or do I do accessory work on top of those exercises? If so what accessory work should I do?

    2. What should my training cycle be? As in what days should I be working out what days should I have off? Is it a weekly cycle or what?

    Day One Press – 5/3/1 Bench Press – 5 sets of 10 reps Lat work – 5 sets of 10 reps

    Day Two Deadlift – 5/3/1 Squat – 5 sets of 10 reps Abs – 5 sets

    Day Three Bench Press – 5/3/1 Press – 5 sets of 10 reps Lat work – 5 sets of 10 reps

    Day Four Squat – 5/3/1 Deadlift – 5 sets of 10 reps Abs – 5 sets

    Thanks so much for any replies!

    submitted by /u/RedHairedMamba
    [link] [comments]

    Benefits of low rep acessories as a powerlifter?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I'm currently on a 6 week peaking block after finishing off a 6 week hypertrophy and a 6 week strength block. Just wondering what the benefits; if any, are on low rep accesories like romanian deadlift, leg press, etc.? Curious if its better than doing your compound movement/top set with back offs and then do high rep accesories for hypertrophy

    submitted by /u/Dellivia
    [link] [comments]

    What am I doing wrong

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    Ever sense quarantine started I have been getting my body into shape losing over 40 lbs through a exercise routine I've been sticking to, but one thing I can't get down is the crunch exercises, no matter what I do I always end up having strain in my neck and I know you're neck isn't supposed to hurt when doing those exercises but I have no idea what im doing wrong.

    What is the correct form for doing crunches.

    submitted by /u/sevenbraincells
    [link] [comments]

    Trying out a kpop idol's workout

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:28 AM PDT

    I am a big fan of korean pop stars. One of the kpop idols called Jungkook has a workout routine which is quite strenuous. I want to lose belly fat and become more muscular so I am trying it out. But there are too many excercises, so perhaps I will just do 3 of the exercises in reps of 3.

    20 squats, 20 push ups, 20 jump squats, 20 shoulder exercises, 10 plank shoulder blades, 20 mountain climber, 15 burpee, 20 crunches, 20 leg raise and 20 superman exercises.

    I did 3 sets of 20 squats, 3 sets of 20 push ups, but jump squats are too hard so I only did 2 sets of 15. Think I'll do the rest during the week.

    Is there anything else you can recommend to me? I also jog occassionally, but these exercises are a bit exhausting to include jogging on the same day.

    submitted by /u/PurpleManticore
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment