• Breaking News

    Monday, August 3, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Beginner Fitness: Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread


    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a place i can go online to tell a professional what i want for my body physically and give them all my stats and they create a weekly workout plan for me?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Obviously a paid service. Forgive as i am fitness ignorant reason as to why i come to Reddit for help.

    So like the idea is i talk to someone online. I tell them my weight - height - max strengths in every work out - etc etc.

    I tell them exactly what i want as far as goals physically, i tell them the amount of days i have available a week, and they can create a program around that so i can follow it weekly.

    Cause if i were to go to the gym right now i wouldnt know what to do at all. Probably end up getting a hernia.

    submitted by /u/ImPretendingToCare
    [link] [comments]

    Hip abduction machine, is it better to be seated properly? Or leaning forward?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    Seen a lot of instafitness pages of females scooted to the edge of the seat doing abductions? Is this even beneficial? Would it cause any pain/problems? Anyone know?

    submitted by /u/ShortEasternDemon
    [link] [comments]

    How to adapt metallicadpas ppl for intermediate lifters?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    I'm a 16 years old male and i've been lifting for a year. i'm at 80kg bw atm. squat 135, bench/row 85, deadlift 150, military press 60, 8 pull ups. i've been really enjoying the reddit ppl with slight adjustments (i've been upping the volume slightly). however i don't seem to make progress on the main lifts anymore. i've looked into every program imaginable for size and strenght for intermediate lifters however most of them (nsuns, 531, etc) are centered around the big 3/4 not the big 6. i'm not looking to powerlifting but to gain symmetric strenght not only in the big 4 but in the row and pull up as well which is why i love this program so much.

    How can i make further progress with my main lifts while sticking to the same program?

    submitted by /u/Kenchikka00
    [link] [comments]

    22yo, 183cm, 120 kg (fat) need advice...

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Hi guys, so im 22 years old and weight 120,kg(im fat) and my height is 1,84.

    I really want to loose weight since i cant love myself being like this, i hate when i cant wear clothes i like or the way i feel shamefull of my body. I cant aproach other people because im aware i can be disgusting. I´m also getting in to watching bouldering climbing and would love to try it out.

    My main problem is how i eat. I know that if i eat like a normal human i will loose weight easily (it happened before several times) and if i do exercise then i it will be very fast. But i just cant control myself with food. I will say to myself that i wont eat more but then at dinner or whatever meal i just cant stop and eat untill i get extremely full. After that i will feel bad with and be in agony knowing how useless i am.

    There is also de issue with exercising. Im a work (in my fathers company though he wont let me leave earlier or anything) for like 9 and half hours per day. Then i play a game i try to get on competitive at night when everyone is sleeping so i sacrifice my sleep and i know its very important to rest well but i sleep 6 hours max.

    I need help.

    submitted by /u/invictusdevil
    [link] [comments]

    How long till I stop working out?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    I've been working out for about 2 and a half months now, loving it! But I started working out for 10 minutes, then I improved, slowly got to being able to work out for over an hour if I don't get bored, but when I first got into working out I was instructed that if you work out too much your body stops using energy/calories and starts digging into your muscle after an hour or something along those lines.

    I was just wondering; since I'm planning on working out for possibly 2 hours today, I'm assuming I should split it into two workouts?

    So:

    How long would you recommend I work out each time today before stopping?

    And how long should I wait after finishing my first workout to start my second?

    submitted by /u/7vOT_awillielover
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ok to be lower on protein intake while on a calorie deficit?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    Calculators tell me I need between 100-150g protein a day depending on website.

    Currently I have around 100g a day spread across 4 times (breakfast lunch post workout and dinner).

    I am currently trying to lose fat and go from 14% to 12% body fat.

    I'm in a calorie deficit (sub 2000 a day) and workout 6 timed a week.

    While I'm cutting Is it ok to be on a lower protein intake. Once I'm bulking I'll eat a lot more but it's hard to keep protein that high while also trying to eat less. I already only eat salads natural yogurt and chicken tbh.

    submitted by /u/Idm123
    [link] [comments]

    GHD or Roman chair for low back strengthening?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    There's so many options on the market and I see so many people doing back extensions differently, some use the Roman chair and others use a GHD machine, so I want to know if anyone here has experience with this. My sole focus is the lower back, working it in a way that other exercises don't. Allowing me to have resistance while I actually extend my spine. Rather than maintaining a stiff posture and it being worked isometrically. Any feedback would help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Salingo
    [link] [comments]

    What to eat during a clean bulk?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    First of all sorry if this is the wrong sub.

    So I thought that clean bulking only means that you track your food and don't do a crazy calorie surplus. But recently I saw a video where someone said that clean bulking also means you only eat „clean" or healthy food. So now I'm wondering if I could just eat ice cream all day (don't worry not gonna do that) as long as I hit my protein goal and stay with in my calories or if it really matters what I eat.

    submitted by /u/jesus_fistus69
    [link] [comments]

    Quarterly Protein Megathread!

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Quarterly Protein Megathread

    This thread is for sharing your favorite brands of protein, whether it be because they're delicious, cheap, high quality, or gave you great service.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Can I do barbell bench press with a 1.2m barbell?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    Short of cash. Thinking of buying a 1.2m instead of a 1.5m. Are there any differences between these 2 ?

    submitted by /u/Hayden_Redfield
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have any exercise ideas to help me not be so sore after standing/walking at work all day??

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    I hope this is the right place to ask, I apologise if not!

    Just a brief background, I am a waitress in a restaurant that is physically very large and I end up walking quite a lot during any given shift and spend all day on my feet. On top of that we do a bit of moderately heavy lifting for work too.

    I thought that my body would just get used to it after working there for a period of time but it's been over a year and I still get home and find myself sometimes unable to stand to cook dinner because my legs/back are so sore.

    Sometimes during longer shifts I sometimes go to the bathroom just so I can sit down for 5 minutes.

    (Fun fact, a fellow waitress wore a fit bit during a long shift an found that she had walked around 25km/15miles)

    We are currently in our "off season" and will be heading into busier work schedules in a couple of months and I really want to strengthen myself in anyway possible to be able to endure longer and harder shifts. Open to pretty much any suggestions!

    Just to clarify, it's not tiredness I'm feeling, but just bloody sore EVERYWHERE.

    submitted by /u/mamaearthdumpling
    [link] [comments]

    Does my Dumbbell Deadlift technique look correct?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    I'm trying to learn the Dumbbell deadlift technque.

    Which position looks the most correct? A or B? Or none of them?

    This video shows me alternating between version A and B.

    Am I doing either of them correctly?

    submitted by /u/xXguitarsenXx
    [link] [comments]

    Veiny arms

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Hi iam into Bodybuilding for one year.. my bodyfat it about 15% .. how can i build more arm veins?

    submitted by /u/ElronMcBong251
    [link] [comments]

    The tricep pushdown is a better exercise for the long head than overhead extensions?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    According to this study: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323515719_The_different_role_of_each_head_of_the_triceps_brachii_muscle_in_elbow_extension

    Summary of the study:

    The contributions of the triceps brachii heads to elbow extension are affected by shoulder angle. At low levels of shoulder elevation (arms by the sides), the long head is the main contributor to elbow extension. Yet, as shoulder angle is elevated, the medial and lateral heads of the muscle gradually become more important, although the medial head is the largest contributor when the arm is overhead.

    Practically speaking, this suggests that the long head can be best trained with exercises that involve peak force being exerted with the arms by the sides (shoulder extension). In contrast, the medial and lateral heads can be best trained with exercises that involve peak force being exerted with the arms elevated (shoulder flexion). This is in contrast to common bodybuilding wisdom, which suggests training the long head of the triceps brachii in its "stretched position" of shoulder flexion (arm above the head). Ironically, at this shoulder angle, the medial head is by far the greater contributor to the elbow extension movement.

    submitted by /u/Johnson_lee
    [link] [comments]

    What does a vibration plate actually do (not advertised to do) - and are there any benefits at all?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Hear me out, I know it's bullshit - but my roommate has one sitting here and just wondering if there are any benefits at all I could incorporate in my workout.

    I have already low body fat, but wondering if it will help with muscle soreness after leg day? It kinda feels good too lol

    submitted by /u/TruthBeToldLol
    [link] [comments]

    anybody done Cardio Strength Training by Robert Dos Remedios?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    I bought the book this week but I'm not sure if I'm doing the routine right. this guy talks nonstop on how these workouts are supposed to be hardcore and cause a metabolic disturbance.

    yet whenever I perform these routines at the gym I tend to complete them in less than half hour and never break a sweat. I was wondering if I'm doing them right or are these workouts supposed be done before or after a normal lifting routine?

    submitted by /u/Vergil387
    [link] [comments]

    28, 240 lbs, 5 feet 11 inches, or 180 centimeters for the rest of the world....

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    yes, I have come full circle (like my stomach) in the realization that I am fat.

    my question is very simple.

    do I really need to eat more while I lift myself into better shape?

    like, I eat enough that I am SEVERELY OVERWEIGHT (i wouldn't call myself 350 lb loser, but I am quite chunky) so I think I understand how to consume calories.

    my gf is doing the "whole 30" diet, with potatoes and Milk added in because money and recipes.
    she lost like 10 lbs in the month of july. she cooks, and preps my meals for work. so I'd like to think I'm either eating at a deficit right now, or "just enough" if not a little bit over. but definitely not 2000 calories.

    so I went to the wiki last week, grabbed the beginner plan, and 1 Aug I was in the gym. 2 Aug, in the gym. I'll be in the gym tomorrow as well. (today I guess, its 3:30am east coast time, midnight shift worker).

    but like, my eating habits shouldn't change from the "whole 30" healthy intake right now. it's literally meat and veggies. I had sheppard's pie last night.

    again, the goal isn't really to get "big", I want to lose weight. a human male that is 5'11 should not be 240 lbs.

    submitted by /u/GrumpyKitten514
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to stay fit through old age?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    I'm 19 and absolutely love cliffjumping. If I started now is there any way I'll be able to keep my body, bones, ect. strong enough to be able to jump cliffs even through my old age? I'm talking still jumping 90+ foot cliffs at something like 70 years old. Would that simply be too old to do something that extreme or is there a way I could manage to make that happen? I would love to retire and travel the world cliffjumping but I feel like doing that at retirement age would be much more dangerous than it is now at 19. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Obvious-Torch
    [link] [comments]

    Do vegetarian capsules raise insulin levels?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    I am currently performing fasted cardio in the morning while taking yohimbine HCL. To prevent muscle breakdown I am taking pure HMB roughly an hour beforehand as this doesn't raise insulin levels and ensures the yohimbine still works. I have been capsuling the HMB as it tastes like arse however I realised that the capsules could be raising my insulin levels. I don't want to inadvertently negate the effects of the yohimbine by capsuling up my supplement! Will this stop the yohimbine working?

    Help!

    submitted by /u/simonsuperhans
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment