• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: It's hard to see the light. Running for Three Years.

    Beginner Fitness: It's hard to see the light. Running for Three Years.


    It's hard to see the light. Running for Three Years.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    I am a big guy. 6'1" 335 lbs and 54 years old. Five years ago I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. At the time I was about 355 lbs. I got to 370 before I tried to do anything about it. I began walking and over about a year started adding running into my walks. Finally the weight was dropping off and I got down to about 270. My doctor was so impressed that she dialed back my medication and things just started to go sideways. I started to slowly gain the weight back, and about a year ago I hurt my foot so I could not run (and could barely walk). For about six months I did the recumbent bike for my cardio four or five days a week while I waited for my foot to heal. During all of this I gained back most (to 355) of the weight I lost. My Dr. became more aggressive on my meds, and in December of last year I was able to start walking and then running.

    Right now I am doing three miles during lunch every day. It takes me about 45 minutes to do that (not fast at all). My best time when I had lost most of the weight was about a 10.5 minute mile, and now I can barely do 14 minutes.

    I have been losing weight and getting a little better, but the weight has not been dropping off like it did before. Also it is a lot more difficult because I am running in my neighborhood (Florida in July) and previously I had been running at work along the Causeway and it was much cooler and nicer.

    I don't really know what I am getting on about. I really don't have a good question figured out, but what am I doing wrong? I watch what I eat, I exercise when I can, and I still feel like crap all of the time. I go to the Dr. every three months because of my Diabetes and she takes good care of me, but it is still hard.

    I just don't see the light. I know if I stop I will lose all of my progress quickly, but it is hard to keep going most days.

    submitted by /u/egomann
    [link] [comments]

    Join me for this daily abs flow

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Advice for starting at 0 and easily overwhelmed by getting fit

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    Hi all! I've really wanted to start getting fit recently and to stick to it. I've spent my entire life fluctuating between dieting and working out then dropping it within a month. Here's the rundown:

    - Poor diet: I eat lots of sugar and nobody in my family knows how to cook balanced meals, so I have no idea how I'm supposed to eat. I tend to sometimes look for healthy recipes that are vegetable/protein heavy, but it often becomes difficult to maintain this because 1) I hate cooking because it takes me a long time 2) I have to cook for my whole family 3) I often get muddled with what I should buy every week, so every recipe usually involved me making a separate grocery store trip. I have no experience eating healthy at all and my whole family tends to eat EXTREMELY carb heavy meals (rice or noodle base).

    -Little exercise: Now, I just started exercising recently (I'm doing beginner workouts about ~30 minutes long 4-5 times week). I'm starting slow because I tend to fall off of exercising very easily, but I'm trying to change my fitness routine so I can maximize weight loss/muscle gain while working out at home with little to no equipment.

    -Personal problems: I have Hashimoto's that I take medication for, but it's unclear how much this has been affecting my metabolism. I am depressed and extremely unmotivated. I usually don't see gains when I try to get fit and lose the motivation, but part of the issue lies in never having learned about fitness and becoming overwhelmed when I do it. I also have asthma that sometimes affects my exercising and I tend to suddenly feel very faint when I work out.

    Any advice any of you have on how and where to get started on learning these basics would be very helpful to me. I want to know these things and I know I often stop trying to get fit because it overwhelms me that I know nothing about eating properly or exercising.

    submitted by /u/SimplyUnhinged
    [link] [comments]

    Weight training whilst fasting help/tips?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Hello fitness folx, I'm 18M, 170cm and 71kg with a skinny fat build (mostly belly fat) and currently I'm fasting 20 hours a day with a 4-hour eating window, basically an Omad diet but I drink protein shakes and BCAA as well during the eating window, Gyms just reopen in the UK and I'm resuming a Push, Pull, Leg, Cardio daily rotation 7 days a week and I have a few questions, mainly, is it safe for me to do resistance training whilst fasting as I work out in the morning and eat at 4pm and do you have any workouts that are great for burning belly fat?

    submitted by /u/BawkChoy28
    [link] [comments]

    My shin splints are coming back. Are they ever gonna go away?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    Around 6-7 months ago I started C25K and within 2 weeks I got shin splints. I'll admit I pushed myself a little too hard, I wasn't taking rest days (I was a serious fitness noob, I though rest days for working out were like cheat days for dieting). I waited for a while, and I didn't feel any pain for months. Now I've started back, but I can feel the pain slowly inching back.

    Now I know I didn't push myself too hard, I still do C25K every other day, and I take walks on my rest days (nothing too harsh). What the hell? I'm making really good progress with my running and my weight loss, I don't want to give that up. Is this just something I have to deal with now? I don't understand why it's come back.

    submitted by /u/CockRoulette007
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment