• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 09, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 09, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    For people who walk their dogs, what exercises do you do in the meantime?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    I walk my dog everyday for about an hour and didn't want the time to go to waste. So I got a backpack with some weights in it and do weighted walking and farmers walk.

    Is there any other good options out there?

    What do you guys do?

    puppy tax

    submitted by /u/Amocz
    [link] [comments]

    Amount of reps

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Is there a specific amount of set or reps you need to follow for certain exercises or is it personal preference?

    submitted by /u/Althesechannels
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Side lateral raises: low sets high frequency vs. high sets low frequency?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    I'm a 6mo beginner on the Reddit PPL routine, and I want to focus on shoulder hypertrophy, particularly the side delts (v-taper). It's just not where I want it to be at all.

    Will doing a small number of sets (2) of side raises every workout (6x a week) be equivalent or superior to doing more sets (5) twice a week? The former is easier and allows me to focus better on targeting the side delt, plus with more frequency (12 sets vs 10 sets). However I would never hit form failure with low sets, which might be a major factor in shoulder hypertrophy.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gaultiero
    [link] [comments]

    How to find maintenance calories?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    So I lost 100+ lbs since February this year I was on 1300-1500 calorie diet. Im getting close to my weight goal and want to start getting stronger in my lifts, and having more energy in general. However I don't want to fall in to the trap of eating "for energy" and getting fat again but also do not want to be in too much of a caloric deficit to where my body is not performing optimally. Some people say to "reverse diet" but it seems kinda dumb. How do you even add 50-100 kcals everyday accurately? I weigh everything I eat and eat the same thing everyday and even then I believe the calories are +/- 75 kcals due to over/under estimating or the inaccuracy of measurements, differences in products and label values etc.

    Tl;dr How do I find out how much more I can eat without getting fat?

    submitted by /u/Bodyweightsquats
    [link] [comments]

    5'11 70kgs male skinny?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I bulked up but got to fat I'm over 12 stone so gonna have to cut a stone to get to like 12% bodyfat. Probably at 20% now.

    However I'm worried I'll look like a stick. I feel even at 12 stone I'm skinny end of things so was happy with the weight despite my belly.

    But decided gonna do it proper and gain muscle slowly and stay lean.

    submitted by /u/redorblewit
    [link] [comments]

    What is the lowest recommended caloric intake for males?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    I've read on this subreddit that it is 1500 for males and that going lower is unhealthy . I am a small guy at 165cm and 55.4kg. My tdee at maintenance is roughly at 1700. If I want to do a 500 caloric deficit that would mean 1200 calories a day which might be unhealthy.

    So do I go with 1200 a day or cap it at 1500!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/AroundtheTownz
    [link] [comments]

    Distance Interval training

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an app that would help with doing sprint interval training.

    E.g. I know of the App Seconds which allows me to set a varying interval based on time. i.e. 10 seconds run, 10 seconds walk, 20 seconds run, 20 seconds walk and so on

    However I want to do training where it would go:

    - 100 meters run

    - 100 meters walk

    -200 meters run

    -200 meters walk

    and so on

    I don't have an athletics track near by so am looking for an app that can measure distance and then sound an alarm and then start measuring the next distance and then sound an alarm.

    Anyone know a solution to this?

    I also have a fitbit and want to know how to make the most out of it.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bear_Bison
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of full body mwf and cardio at tths with sunday rest?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    I'm trying to lose weight. Been working out for a few months already and I want to step up my game. Do you guys think this is okay or should I add more recovery time?

    Currently doing omad as well.

    5'8, 90kg, 21y/o

    submitted by /u/mred_oppurtunity
    [link] [comments]

    Walking over the course of the day vs all at once

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I was just curious about the actual difference between spaced out and cardio all at once.

    With my job I typically walk around 12-13k steps over the course of a 9 hour shift and this is the majority of my cardio, but how would that stack up against if I just went for a 60-90 minute walk on a daily basis when it comes to calories burned?

    Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/MochaMagic
    [link] [comments]

    Totally dilettant question about reps and weights

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    I often see a discussions about low reps/high weights vs high reps/low weights

    But I cant stop thinking if high reps/high weights have any sense?

    For example if one starts with lets say 20 push ups, then after some time he became able to do 100 in one set, then he starts to put some weight and train with it, until he'll become able to do 100 with this weight, and then add more weight, can it be beneficial, or harmful?

    submitted by /u/DivanTsar
    [link] [comments]

    Need help learning how to cartwheel?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've spent the last few weeks trying to learn how to do a cartwheel but have essentially made no progress since the second day. Basically, I can't move past the "around the world" stage - I can't get my legs over my head, can't get my body in one vertical plane, and can't keep my legs straight in the air. I've tried watching lots of tutorials and practicing but I don't seem to be improving.

    I wanted to ask if anyone might know of resources where I could figure out what's going wrong? Is there any way to learn from a gymnastics instructor or other fitness instructor individually? I am an adult, so I'm struggling to find a community with other adults to learn this sort of skill. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to move forward. Thank you in advance for the suggestions!

    submitted by /u/PeculiarYouth
    [link] [comments]

    Lateral Raises in Push work out?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    PUSH

    4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)

    3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)

    3x8-12 incline dumbbell press

    3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

    3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

    So in the PPL routine in the Wiki it says to do lateral raises twice in different supersets.

    Is it ok to reduce the weight on the second superset or does it have to be the same?

    submitted by /u/boilerup1710
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do to increase ab visibility (minimise fat build up) and still get gains?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    I'm 18, 160 pounds and 6 foot and go to the gym 3 days a week, my abs are, or used to be, fairly visible what can I do to keep them like that whilst I bulk to build muscle everywhere else and not gain too much fat, I also consume 160 grams of protein daily and do an intense 15 minute ab exercise every day, should I do cardio?

    submitted by /u/RossHowieson1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment