• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 16, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 16, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 16, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - August 16, 2020

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    All of a sudden I can’t bench as much as I used to and it’s been 2 months?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    Back in June, I was benching 5x5 with 185lbs and I felt great. One day I went into the gym to do my regular workout and I could barely push 3x5 with 155lbs before my chest would give out. I just shrugged it off as a bad day and completed the rest of my workout feeling normal. Next week when I got to the bench the same thing happened. I dropped the weight down a bit and tried to work my way back up to my usual weight with no success; I couldn't improve. I have been eating relatively the same, sleeping the same, and I feel fine otherwise. I have improved my other main compound lifts like deadlifts and squat. What do I do? Take a few weeks off of lifting? Keep lifting lower weight and eventually I'll get better?

    submitted by /u/xllosxurus
    [link] [comments]

    Victory Sunday

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Victory Sunday Thread

    It is Sunday, 6:00 am here in the eastern half of Hyder, Alaska. It's time to ask yourself: What was the one, best thing you did on behalf of your fitness this week? What was your Fitness Victory?

    We want to hear about it!

    So let's hear your fitness Victory this week! Don't forget to upvote your favorite Victories!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the difference?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    I've noticed a large difference in two different leg press machines. I've been pushing 90lbs weights on the old school leg press. The one where you have to load up the weights yourself. Then I'll go push 150lbs on the actual machine where you push the plate, and your body moves back.

    So what's the difference and which gives better results?

    submitted by /u/pandicorn87
    [link] [comments]

    Weight training advice for a beginner:)

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    Please don't be mean, I'm just a beginner.

    Hey there :) I'm trying to lose weight and gain muscle. (I'm overweight btw) I have lost almost 20lbs in the past 3-4 months. I've got new dumbbells of 5kg each. (Total 10kg) and some resistance bands.

    So here's my routine,

    Every day I try to walk 15k steps

    USING DUMBBELLS:

    1. Seesaw rows
    2. Goblet Squats
    3. Dumbbells curls
    4. Chest press
    5. Seesaw shoulder press
    6. RDL with dumbbells
    7. overhead triceps extension
    8. upright row

    So my question is: Is it OKAY to do the above dumbbells workout 6 days a week? 4-sets with 10-12 reps?

    I'm scared of over-training my muscles. Also, i try to get at least 80g of proteins. :) I weigh 195lb. Edit: I'm 23/F , Vegetarian

    submitted by /u/Being_happy08
    [link] [comments]

    Vitamine distribution over the day

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    Does any of you know in what interval one should consume vitamins A-Z over the day? Like if I ate all the vitamins I need in the morning would it suffice, or do I have to eat some at Noon and evening too still?

    Regards!

    submitted by /u/Kudoichi
    [link] [comments]

    Are these exercises useful at all?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    I'm male, 24 yo, 5'9'' (1.80m), 154 lbs (70 kg). I always had a pronounced belly and for a few time I have been trying to get a flat stomach with no visible improvement. For now I do every day 100 sit-ups, which don't make my abs feel tired anymore, and a plank for two minutes. Do you think if I continue doing this exercises in a daily basis I will get any improvement or not at all?

    Edit: For the record, I don't want to get pronounced abs or lose weight, just flatten my stomach.

    submitted by /u/Nathan--62
    [link] [comments]

    Squatting and running

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    I'm a beginner plus gyms are closed so I have nowhere to go except my house. So my question is: should I do squats the same days I run? Or should I do squats one day then the next run? I usually do 50-100 squats without a problem and can run up to 15-20 mins.

    submitted by /u/nursesam69
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to build forearm muscle

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I'm a 14 year old boy and I am wondering on the best techniques and routines for building muscle in my forearms?

    Any and all advice welcome!

    submitted by /u/-Gaymer-boy-
    [link] [comments]

    What muscles are Body Beast's Straight Leg Deadlift supposed to work out?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/iSyrPCSTafE?t=101 at the 1:41 min mark you can see the exercise in question.

    This is supposed to be part of a leg workout day.

    Unfortunately, when I type out "straight leg deadlift" on Google, I'm getting results for what appears to be the stiff leg deadlift or variations of it that don't look anything like what's being shown in Beast Body.

    The reason I ask is because I tried doing that particular exercise and I did not feel like it was working out my legs. In fact, I felt it was hitting my lower back which immediately raised alarms for me since this is supposed to be a leg workout. I try to make it a point to keep my back straight with these kinds of exercises and I used very light weights as I tried to make sure I had the form right.

    Anyone who has done this particular exercise or has experience with it, is it normal to feel it just above the hip in the lower back area?

    submitted by /u/actualtext
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about reddit 6day pPL

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    If I can do the 4x5, 1x5+ OHP pretty easily with something like the bar and 2.5kg on each side. But when it comes to doing OHP with the same weight, 3x8-12, I struggle a lot more and can barely do it. Am I supposed to use lower weights on the hypertrophy excercises?

    submitted by /u/LifeTopic
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back into it

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    I was diagnosed with cancer in my junior year of high school and had to quit soccer after 12 years. Now I'm a healthy senior in college. I managed to get physically fit again after all of my muscles atrophied and I even placed in a 5k. But I want to get back into soccer.

    My problem is that I no longer have that 12 years of built up leg strength that I used to. I can run well but I'm having trouble regaining the quad strength I need. Where I used to put free kicks past midfield I now feel super tight and pull the muscle even with a ton of stretching before and after. What could I do to improve?

    submitted by /u/CIarkWest
    [link] [comments]

    Should the weights be the same in the lateral raise and rear delt fly?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    I use slightly lighter weights on the rear delt fly as opposed to the lateral raise. Are their weights supposed to weigh the same, or is this quite normal for you guys?

    submitted by /u/another_memer_boi
    [link] [comments]

    Best macro calculator to use?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    I am due to start a bulk and I am trying to work out my macros for the next 9 months or so. I have used several different calculators and they're all showing different results? What is the most accurate and reliable calculator that I can use? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MichaelMoore92
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment