• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Just starting out and I have a couple questions..

    Beginner Fitness: Just starting out and I have a couple questions..


    Just starting out and I have a couple questions..

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    So I've just recently started doing this routine I found on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bhE67HuDY. I'm currently using 5lb dumbbells (those are the only ones I have... I can buy other ones if I need to) and even though they are pretty light I can still feel the burn lol. How often should I do this 15 minute exercise? Once a day? Twice a day? How many times per week?

    Sorry for the new questions!

    submitted by /u/FOCUSIMPROVEGROW
    [link] [comments]

    “Cankles” ... can they be improved?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    Are there any weight exercises that can help shape cankles or am I stuck with them forever?

    The rest of my legs are pretty toned (I'm a runner) but I have no definition from my calf to my ankle. Are calf raises the only exercise?

    Someone suggested walking on an incline on a treadmill but as I already run on an incline I'm not sure if that'll do anything.

    I have some dumbbells at home and am not going to the gym right now so at-home workouts would be best.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks so much!! :)

    submitted by /u/mchllnlms780
    [link] [comments]

    Getting back into exercise routine - please critique my simple routine

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get back into a consistent exercise routine. I work from home but I still have membership to a gym that's open. My proposed plan is:

    Monday/Thursday: yoga at home, I have been following Antranik's routines on Youtube.

    Tuesday/Friday: Upper body workout at the gym. 5 minute warm up on a treadmill. Then alternate doing reps on a machine for 30-60 seconds followed by doing step ups on a small platform for 1 minute to keep my heart rate up.

    Wednesday/Saturday: walk the neighborhood, there's a good 2 mile route I can do with some very steep hills both uphill and downhill.

    Background:

    27 years old, male, 5 ft 11 in / 180 cm tall, 203 lbs / 92 kg

    Have been attempting all year to do Couch to 5K but my legs seem unable to bear the brunt of running. I figured I would try losing some weight and getting my cardio up before trying C25K again. Ideally I would like to be slim and a long-distance running machine, but my girlfriend likes strong arms and a strong chest. I'm naturally kind of a big guy with big shoulders. Don't really enjoy weightlifting except for dumbbells and using machines for lifting. I've always been more of a hiker and bicycle rider. I feel like the exercises I naturally enjoy are ones my body isn't built for and vice versa.

    Thank you everyone.

    submitted by /u/LifeJoke3
    [link] [comments]

    I need a workout routine/plan?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Hi I've been randomly exercising off and on for 5 years with no real goals. Lot of endurance and strength. I would love to start following actual plan and seeing best results. I have access to a gym, and power rack at home. I've got 30 lbs to lose again but I want to keep as much muscle as I can.

    Any advice? I am definitely wanting to incorporate squats, deadlifts, pullups. Also What do I do after I stick with a routine when I'm not seeing anymore progress ? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/wtguard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment