• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Why does exercise make me feel so bad?

    Beginner Fitness: Why does exercise make me feel so bad?


    Why does exercise make me feel so bad?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    After I work out, I feel terrible the whole rest of the day. I'm shaky, lightheaded, overly fatigued, and my body feels sick, like I'm fighting off a cold. Even hours after a workout I feel lightheaded and woozy when I stand up. I also feel generally groggy, like my head is in a fog. I keep thinking it's going to get better, but it's hard to keep up the motivation when I know I'm going to spend the day recovering. I always hear about things like a "runners high" or how people exercise to manage their depression, but it seems to have the opposite effect for me.

    I'm a total newbie, never really been active at any point in my life. I'm female, 24, 170 lbs, 5'4". I've just been doing some beginner type cardio exercises like 10 minutes jogging and 10 minutes walking, 2 or 3 sets of 50 jumping jacks and mountain climbers, or 20-30 minute youtube workout videos for beginners/low impact/etc. Basically I've just been trying to dedicate about a half hour a day to being active. I've been at it for almost 3 weeks now, 3-4 times a week.

    My diet is pretty well rounded, still working on cutting more carbs and breaking my after dinner sweet tooth, but I eat vegetarian 3 times a week and vegetables/proteins/fats with every meal. I cook all my own meals so they are all whole or minimally processed foods. I drink tons of water, at least 1/2 gallon daily, usually more.

    By all accounts, I should feel decent after a workout, not like I'm sick for the rest of the day. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this just my body adjusting to increased activity? Will it get better as I keep going?

    submitted by /u/LucidTeaParty
    [link] [comments]

    I'm too weak for beginners workouts, help!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me please? I'm a 26 year old woman, I weigh 169 pounds (have lost 10), and really I have a lot of goals. Biggest is weight loss (fat loss, I dont care about gaining muscle weight), but I'm also trying to increase flexibility and strength. I've had a couple of weeks off my routine but I'm back to doing yoga every morning, and I walk for an hour on my lunch. The biggest issue I have though is arms. I really wanted to get strong during lockdown because I had started pole dancing and obviously you need to be able to hold yourself up. I started doing some of MadFit's videos but I've never been able to make it through and when I've looked at other beginner ones I feel the same. Some don't seem beginner at all. I feel like I'm way beneath a beginner level and don't feel like it's very accessible.

    Edit: Please don't message me with your rates as a personal trainer. Not what I'm here for. I'm really after people's experience and if they've found something suitable for the start of their journey.

    submitted by /u/Crispndry93
    [link] [comments]

    Weird hollow under my breasts/in chest area?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    I've been doing Chloe Ting's abs/HIIT workouts on and off for a few weeks, and in definitely starting to notice results. I However, I'm also seeing a hollow? area under my cleavage that is probably from weight loss, but idk if this is normal. I can post a pic if needed, has anyone else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/skatergorl88
    [link] [comments]

    Weak Muscle Group

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    If I have a weak muscle group (for me, my shoulders) should I be training that group more? Or just do the same training I always do and wait for the shoulders do catch up?

    submitted by /u/johnjaackson
    [link] [comments]

    Breathing problems during exercise

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    So I started working out after a long time of not regularly working out. I'm currently 275 and would like to lower that significantly just for my future health. I can go a little over ten minutes of cardio but then I go into an extreme shortness of breath that can last for 3 minutes then i proceed to cough the rest of the day, I don't if it's my breathing control or if its just because I havent worked out in a while and my bodies in shock. I'd love to hear from everyone.

    submitted by /u/otakugirl1995
    [link] [comments]

    Uneven Progress Question

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    I have been working out consistently for a while and am starting to physically see results. I have been mainly focusing on my abs, waist, and stomach/ core area in general. What I've noticed is that one side of my waist is now smaller than the other and on that same side, signs of abs are developing way more. I do the same amount of reps and essentially do everything the same for both sides. When I started my journey, one side was not more developed. Why is this happening? Esp when it comes to one side of my waist becoming increasingly more cinched. Is this something underlying in my bone structure?! Have any of you experienced this? Insights are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/clementine-peach
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to have lower back pain for a month +?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    Often when I sit down, or put on shoes etc I feel this discomfort/pressure in my lower back. It's not painful. Some days I can barely feel it, other days its more intense.

    But its been like this for 5-6 weeks now which is pretty long... i am a bit worried it could be cancer because I read thats a symptom of cancer

    submitted by /u/serviceRstar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment