• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 04, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 04, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 04, 2020

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any benefits to doing ab work in the morning on an empty stomach versus at night?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    I always get a bit bloated as the day goes on so I was wondering if I could see better results by doing ab exercises in the morning versus at night after I've had a lot to eat

    submitted by /u/riiptemp
    [link] [comments]

    Tight hip flexors prevent me from training abdominals. Weak abdominals make my hip flexors tight.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Anyone experience this before? Sedentary lifestyle combined with neglecting abdominals and expecting them to be secondarily activated during compound lifts have caused a problem. When I do crunches, leg raises, etc. my tight hip flexors lock out and cause serious discomfort. Would planks solve my dilemma?

    Honestly embarrassed I've waited this long to train my core. I accept all criticism due to me.

    submitted by /u/SabotageSubtly
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Is any kind of form achievable in a month?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Noob question here

    I will be doing some hiking with backpack in mountains at the start of August. I am lazy piece of crap that sits at office all day long not doing any sports for few years and ofc I am overweight. But I was starting to like just skipping rope when I have some free time. Does skipping rope about 30-60 mins a day will achiev me any improve in stamina/cardio? (I cant run , I am out of breath after 100 meters and my legs are killing me)

    Thank you, also is there any downside to exercise at late evening?

    EDIT: Thank you guys for amazing posts, I am jumping to it in morning , now I proceeded to clear my fridge out of junk and soda . Wish me luck and strong resolve :D

    submitted by /u/An_Apple_Juice
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Apps, Gadgets and Gear Megathread!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Monthly Apps, Gadgets and Gear Megathread!

    This thread is for sharing fitness related apps, technological gadgets, and training gear that you've found helpful for your fitness goals.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    How to have shoulders during pull exercises

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    We all know to tuck our shoulders during the pushing stuff but what do i do during pull movements like standing rows or facepulls? do i keep them tucked or go into a "deadhang" between reps? please help me out.

    submitted by /u/EgoisticAltruist
    [link] [comments]

    I am a 14 year old looking to start lifting weights?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I am looking to start lifting weights but all of the local gyms won't let me in until I'm 16.

    Would anyone here be able to to tell me what equipment I should get and where I could get it as well as the price.

    I live in Ireland and have been cutting and doing cardio and HIIT for the last two months but have recently decided that I should start lifting instead.

    submitted by /u/TechnoCroak
    [link] [comments]

    Delt workout for strength

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    Hoping someone here can give me some direction. Been doing powerlifting for six months now and enjoying it. Unfortunately, the sport doesn't lend much to rear delt work which im lacking plenty in.

    Cam anyone recommend a good delt program that targets the rear delt primarily while still not disregarding side and front?

    submitted by /u/-GV-
    [link] [comments]

    Carb Cycling on keto once every 2 weeks. Good idea or dont bother?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Been following a keto lifestyle for about 22 months now, down about 65 pounds. Love the lifestyle, works very well for me and my body, as well as my health and blood work. I consume maybe 8 carbs a day now and I love it. So if anyone comes in here and says "Keto is bad blah blah" i'll just ignore it since it literally changed my life forever (in more ways than just weight)

    Anywho, I heard that there are lots of people who carb cycle with a low carb diet, every 2nd day or so. Thing is, I do not function well with carbs in my body, but sometimes its nice to treat myself. I was thinking of doing a carb cycle day once every two weeks. This would NOT consist of sugar, but more things like rice (maybe sushi), or a thin crust pizza, maybe even pasta or something.

    Is there any benefit to doing a single carb cycle day every 2 weeks? I do enjoy having foods I wouldnt normally eat... so maybe its just that, a change of scenery? Is there any benefit to just doing ONE day? I will be weight lifting and working out that day as well if that makes a difference but will remain in a deficit.

    (If anyone knows keto, I am 100% fully fat adapted, and even with high carb days my blood ketones are still high, so I am not worried about getting kicked out ketosis or anything)

    Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

    edit: before anyone asks why I didnt post this in keto subreddit, if you mention ANYTHING about a carb day, you'll get auto banned or removed.

    submitted by /u/mc_donkey
    [link] [comments]

    Designing a mixed Cardio/Calisthenics program; Looking for advice on balance

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! Former triathlete here who got into weights who's now trying to build a good quar routine that keeps me fit and toned. I'm hoping folks can give me feedback on how they balance their cardio and resistance/weights work for a lean-but-not-skinny frame. My quandary is how best to balance cardio improvement with muscle gains. I'm trying to get the most out of each workout.

    My new plan is built around this basic theme for a workout, which I'll do a variation of 4-6 times per week. It won't always be this, but it'll be a riff on this theme:

    • 30 min of indoor cycling
    • Pushups w/weighted vest, supersetted intermittently with kettlebell front-raises
    • Aussie pushups, supersetted intermittently with kettlebell curls

    I'm planning on a diet of between 2000-3500 calories a day (25 percent protein, 25 fat, 50 carbs). That calorie figure will vary, first to lose weight (I'm about 5-10 pounds ahead of where I'd like) and then up it to put on some more muscle.

    I *think* this will get me there — and I'll dial the calories, weights, and cardio up and down as I get a better sense of things. But I really want to hear from people who have had goals like mine. What worked for you? How did you balance getting cardio-fit with putting on muscle?

    Thanks all in advance.

    submitted by /u/S-K-W-E
    [link] [comments]

    Uneven plate distribution

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Recently, my neighbor loaned me some adjustable dumbbells along with some plates to change the weight. The bar alone is about 5 Lbs, and I have four 5 Lb plates and six 10 Lb plates. some exercises with just the 5 Lb plates on the dumbells (15 Lb total including the bar) is too low, how bad would it be to add another 10 Lb plate on just one side of each dumbell? This would cause uneven weight distribution across the dumbell (15 on one side and 5 on the other)

    EDIT: This is just an example of what I what I want to do, obviously it doesnt make sense to distribute it like that when I have two 10 Lb weights, but in different scenarios where I would do this uneven type of distribution. Sorry for the confusion. A better example would be trying to hit 20 pounds per dumbbell-10 Lb on one side, 5 on the other (20 total including the bar)

    Sorry if this is a bit confusing, I'll do my best to clarify any questions. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/applep00
    [link] [comments]

    Do you split quad and hamstrings?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    I have been thinking of having a separate day for quad focused and hamstring focused.

    Do any of you this, it seems to make sense because you are fresh to hit each part of the leg with more focus

    submitted by /u/boxingfan124
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment