• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Bridge to 10K

    Beginner Fitness: Routine Campfire - Bridge to 10K


    Routine Campfire - Bridge to 10K

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Welcome to the next r/Fitness Campfire series - Routine Campfires! You can read the original announcement thread along with the future schedule here.


    This week's topic: Bridge to 10K

    Ask questions you have about this routine in this thread, and the community will help you get an answer.


    Here are the rules for Routine Campfires:

    • Routine Campfires are for asking specific questions about a specific routine and getting answers from the community.
    • Top level comments must be a specific question about the topic routine. Questions which are excessively vague to a point of being difficult to answer directly will not be permitted. Comments should not be used for general chit-chat, just for asking and answering questions.
    • Routine Campfires are not for routine critique requests of any kind. This includes but is not limited to: tweaks, lift replacements, accessory choices. All such questions should be directed to the Daily Thread exactly as any normal routine critique would be.
    • Replies to questions should be either an answer to the question, or asking the poster for information necessary to better answer the question.
    • Comments which in any way support or encourage piracy of a routine or its material will be removed and posters who make them banned permanently.
    • Comments should be civil and serious. Jokes, memes, and rudeness will not be permitted.
    • If the answer to a question can be found in an existing page about the routine, please be sure to include a link to the page.
    • Please check the thread to see if your question has been asked prior to posting.

    Comments which break these rules will be removed and posters given bans at the discretion of the moderators. Remember when you participate that the purpose of these threads is to develop community resources for those who come to r/Fitness for help in the future.

    submitted by /u/purplespengler
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to have blood rush while doing handstands even after weeks of practice ?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    I used to do gymnastics when i was young(like 10-11 yrs old) now I'm 19 and have started working out, recently I started doing gymnastics again and I noticed that even after a few weeks the blood rush experience doesn't go away, like this time I'm really getting Outta breath and not able to do handstands more than 10-20 seconds, is this normal ?, Like does blood rush take longer to go away as we get older ?

    submitted by /u/kirubes
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Sumo Deadlift and Squats

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    I am hypertrophy and aesthetics focused but i wanted to add a bit strenght-powerlifting method for getting stronger, i added 3x5 or 5x5 compound movements into my PPL routine, i tried out this for one month and it went great ,after that i decided to do my leg days strenght focused. Now i will do sumo deadlifts too , i would love to add them into my leg day , would be a problem squatting and sumo deadlifting on same day ? some say try to do one squat leg day and one sumo deadlift leg day but i want to squat 2x week too , would it be good ? sumo deadlift 3x5 and back squat 5x5 + 2-3 accesory for hypertrophy on my leg day ? i will alternate the 3x5 and 5x5 between sumo dl and squat every leg session. ( i am 17 yo , 95 kg and 186. im lifting since 1,5 years and i would consider myself as intermediate , at least im not newbie and i look like im training )

    submitted by /u/karahannnn
    [link] [comments]

    Does the protein dust thing wear off/become bad?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    The protein dust powder thing, that you mix with water, and drink it, to gain weight easier for instance.

    Does it wear off? I have a bit of it remaining, from when I used to go more to the gym... But its been long since that.

    Does it become "Bad", as to becoming sick if I mix it with water now and drink it? Im thinking of doing exercise again.

    Sorry for the English, Im not native. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Martyrrdom
    [link] [comments]

    Body fat % change

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    So after a long bulking cycle of multiple years / age and my metabolism slowing , I've reached my goal weight range of 190-200lbs 6'2 .. id like to honestly stay at around low 190s range is where I feel best at for sports and just feeling healthy . But of course after bulking for a long period of time my body fat % raised up.. nothing huge just I have 0 definition in my abs and I'm not as cut as I'd like to be.

    Long story short I'm wondering after doing research it's hard to find a definitive answer. Can I just clean eat and stay at my ideal 190-195lbs weight while dropping BF% over a long period of time ( cut out breads and carbs at night ) I ate anything / anytime bulking ... or would I have to literally lose like 10-15 lbs to lose BF% then cleanly bulk back up to my ideal weight super slowly with like a Tiny calorie surplus so I don't gain BF% back???? I'm not thinking it's some quick race I don't mind chipping away for months just eating cleaner but i started cutting breads/ garbage food out last week and it's getting tough to stay at my "maintain" level calories with just clean foods so I don't wanna be wasting my time and efforts

    submitted by /u/Asapjoshyy
    [link] [comments]

    Question about how many calories I burn at work?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    I manage a beer distributor and 3 days a week I will have to unload 300-400 cases of beer at an average weight of 20 pounds. This includes walking while carrying them as well as moving a pallet weighing about 1300 pounds with a pallet jack around the store. If it takes me about an hour to do that work, approximately how many calories would that "workout" burn?

    submitted by /u/serb21z
    [link] [comments]

    Are "Newbie Gains" independent for each muscle group?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    My legs are pretty big compared to the rest of my body. I'm pretty leans and it feels like majority muscle mass. I've been training at home for around 6 months and made some noticeable yet minor gains. I'm going to get a gym membership and start bulking once lockdown eases, but I want to know if my newbie gains will take place since my legs have already developed a lot.

    I noticed sizeable growth a while ago when I started walking home from school (I suppose there are some steep hills and I walk fast maybe??), but only in my legs. Have I put most of my newbie gains into my legs? Or will I have greater growth for other muscle groups once I start proper lifting?

    Note: My home excercise has been following the Centr app, a mix of cardio and bodyweight exercises.
    I feel like I have most certainly improved, most definitely in terms of volume and want to progress by increasing intensity hence a Gym membership.

    Thanks in advanced.

    submitted by /u/hideme8204
    [link] [comments]

    Hook grip not working?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I'm deadlifting right now. When I did my heaviest set my grip gave out before my legs did so I tried out hook grip for the rest of my sets. It didn't work very well. My thumb would keep sliding out from my fingers. It felt way weaker than my standard grip. My thumbs hurting wasn't really an issue. It was just keeping them inbetween the fingers and bar without sliding out. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ShinyChromeBadger
    [link] [comments]

    Olympic vs Standard Weights

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I am in the process of buying a barbell and some plates and I just now realized there are standard and olympic categories for both, and I'm not sure which one I should buy.

    I will be using them for deadlifts/OHP in my garage. The common criticism I've seen on a lot of threads about standard bars is that they can't hold as much weight. I am very skinny and a beginner (still not deadlifting 135lbs) so I'm not sure this would apply to me, but who knows maybe I will advance enough to get to the 300lb mark if I stay consistent. I've also read some things about whip/spin but I'm not really sure how that applies in the lifts, since again I am not an advanced lifter. I just started lifting at my gym a couple months back so I am used to using all olympic weights, but will it really make a difference if I order the standard plates/bar? The cost of the olympic weights i just a bit more expensive which is why I am considering standard weights. I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

    submitted by /u/LividRadish
    [link] [comments]

    Light squats/deadlift with a slow eccentric?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I'm a long time lurker of this sub and one thing that I consistently see here is the praise for heavy deadlifts and squats.

    I used to be able to work out in my highschool's gym, but now with quarantine, I am forced to work out at home. Lucikly I have a barbell, however the maximum weight I can load on it is 135 pounds.

    What are your thoughts on doing lighter squats with a slow eccentric for 10-15 reps for strength/size?

    submitted by /u/dumbbellsarethick
    [link] [comments]

    How to prepare for HIIT?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Due to an incident I couldn't exercise for awhile. Consequently, I lost a lot of weight and muscle. Recently I've been getting back into exercise by walking, light jogging and cycling. Today I attempted to do some HIIT exercises but realized I have no arm strength and it was really easy to get injured. Any suggestions on how I can gently prep my body back into routine?

    submitted by /u/Consequence-Fabulous
    [link] [comments]

    HR based weight training - is it better than sets and reps or EMOM ?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    My query is as follows, like in running HR based training has a big value , if you run 8min mile pace say in zone 3 currently then on years of optimal training the same pace would land in zone 2 and so on. Does the same apply to resistance work - for example if today I am doing front loaded squats and by 10 or 12 th rep I hit my 90% HR then in future training with the same weight my reps to reach 90% HR will increase ! Is there a training plan that works on HR for weight training ?

    submitted by /u/runeasy
    [link] [comments]

    200$ for a gym membership worth it?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    I have been going to F45 for a free trail week and really enjoy it. My issue is its so hard to pull the triger on 200$ a month for a gym when I pay 25$ now for LA Fitness.

    I work so much better in a group setting as it holds me accountable and forces me to get up and go to the gym.

    But man is it hard to pay 200$ a month, thoughts? Do you think its worth it in the long run or save the 200$ instead?

    I am also 25 years old working at my first fulltime career (almost a year now) if that makes a difference

    submitted by /u/Mabu8128
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment