• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 22, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 22, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 22, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 22, 2020

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody else always feel sick and like crap when you eat before working out?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Yeah, no matter what I eat, I always feel so sick after.

    I had eggs this morning which is pretty clean and not heavy on the stomach and I did my back and shoulder bodyweight workout at home. During and after the workout I feel really sick. I do suffer from GERD so I don't know if it's related to that. Does anybody else feel the same way as I do?

    submitted by /u/leelbeach
    [link] [comments]

    How do I engage my core while doing exercise ?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    I want to tighten my core..and I do not know how to engage it during workout...when I try to do it I simply suck in my abdomen but I think that's not the right way...What is the right way to do the same?

    submitted by /u/Yashmeet__Singh
    [link] [comments]

    Rant Wednesday

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Rant Wednesday: It's your time to let your gym/fitness/nutrition related frustrations out!

    There is no guiding question to help stir up some rage-feels, feel free to fire at will, ranting about anything and everything that's been pissing you off or getting on your nerves!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So I guess I'm lactose intolerant now (42M)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    I'm having to rethink my breakfasts and my protein sources now.

    I'm from a farming rural background and love my full fat milk so this is a tough thing to come to terms with, but after a process of elimination I've found I've become lactose intolerant in my 40s.

    I run before breakfast, come home and eat porridge (made with milk) and have a coffee. Within an hour I'm gassy, a little bloated and have had a trip to the toilet. I would blame the coffee, but I guess I was putting off the inevitable realisation.

    It was the same with my protein shakes. I had a good supplier for a few years, preferring whey based proteins but I like to mix through milk rather than water and an hour later I was gassy and bound for the toilet again. I knew high protein could have a similar affect, so kept keeping lactose intolerance out of my mind.

    Finally stubbornness was put to one side, I got lactose free milk and within two days my guts are saying thanks buddy. I know its going to take a few weeks to fully adjust, plus I threw out my old protein powders and I'm waiting on some samples of vegan and lactose free to arrive so i can see which ones taste better and do what I need.

    I do feel stupid having pushed obvious signs out of my head over the last 2-3 years, but as I'm getting older, exercise AND diet go hand in hand, so I can't just hope one balances out the other.

    submitted by /u/Birdinhandandbush
    [link] [comments]

    Is gaining 1 kg (2.2 lbs) per week too much?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I'm currently running on PPL routine which is working great for me, I started to eat at a caloric surplus (2500+) back in June.

    What I've noticed in the last 3-4 weeks is that I'm gaining weight way too much fast.

    Here is a record of my weight progress since I started in June (Im 5'7):

    • Week 1: 10/6/2020, 62.30 kg (137.34 lbs)
    • Week 2: 17/6/2020, 62.20 kg (137.12 lbs)
    • Week 3: 24/6/2020, 62.70 kg (138.23 lbs)
    • Week 4: 1/7/2020, 62.90 kg (138.67 lbs)
    • Week 5: 8/7/2020, 63.60 kg (140.21 lbs)
    • Week 6: 15/7/2020, 64.20 kg (141.54 lbs)
    • Week 7: 22/7/2020, 65.60 kg (144.62 lbs)

    Should I ease up on my fat intake? Or is this normal for a beginner?

    Any advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MORDFUSTANG0
    [link] [comments]

    Bulking advice

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    My rugby season has been delayed by a couple months which means I get to lift for longer. I'm looking to do a serious month long bulk (don't want to overdo it and be struggling at the beginning of the season). I'm 29, weigh 84kg, around 18-20% body fat, and am probably looking to have a 300-500kcal daily surplus. I've got myself a mass gainer (ON Serious Mass), have a home gym and can lift 5-6 days a week consistently.

    My main questions are about the split that would be most effective. I usually train strength (5x5, 5x3), so my hypertrophy knowledge is a bit lacking. Should I do a PPL split with more volume? Bro split? Something in between? Help me r/Fitness, you're my only hope! If anyone has routines that they'd recommend, articles/papers to read, that'd be great.

    Any nutritional advice would also be hugely appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MigJiw
    [link] [comments]

    Losing enjoyment of lifting

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    Anyone have any advice for this? I've been lifting almost every day for 3 years and I've never not enjoyed it before. I don't seem to find power training fun anymore.

    submitted by /u/miggy2o0e
    [link] [comments]

    Complete Beginner To Lifting, Need Advice About What Program To Follow

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I'm looking for someone to recommend me a solid beginner program for someone (that being me) who is a complete newbie in regards to muscle growth and development through natural bodybuilding. I've done a bunch of research, so I know all about how compound movements are supposed to be the best, I know about how much protein I should be consuming, I know about progressive overload, and I know that I need to follow a program that is structured so I can see results.

    Right now, what I have in mind is a PPL split. Jeremy Ethier and Jeff Nippard did a in-depth video series about this on YouTube, so I know what exercises to perform. I would just have to look up the proper execution of each specific exercise so I can see what the proper form is. I thought the videos were high quality, and contained important vital information that would support me on my fitness journey towards growing stronger. I also was thinking about this https://thefitness.wiki/routines/r-fitness-basic-beginner-routine/. What I find weird about that one is they suggest pullups when apparently that's a really hard exercise and it takes a long time to get down, and a decent amount of people who lift still might not be able to do them? I'm just looking for someone to advise me what program I should follow. You can suggest something completely new that I've haven't heard of as well. I'm open to whatever is best fit for me and my situation.

    Once last thing I wanna make note of is, I'm pretty weak right now (hence why I wanna lift so I can change that). I can barely do 10 pushups in a row with really bad form because I'm not going down all the way. I wanna do a body recomp for about 8 weeks max because I'm skinny fat, and then after that start bulking. I was thinking about getting decent at pushups before I actually hit the gym, so I can at least guarantee that I'll be able to bench the bar when I first start. I feel like I could maybe bench the bar right now, but only for a couple reps max (that's how weak I am, I have really skinny arms).

    If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. I'm really firm and dead set on taking this as serious as possible. I know I have a long journey ahead, but this is really what I've decided I want more than anything. This is my main goal and focus is life right now is to change my body to a stronger version.

    submitted by /u/chxd21
    [link] [comments]

    Skipping leg day

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    I recently hurt my meniscus. My doctor told me to not train legs or do anything that will worsen by condition. He said that it is okay if I carefully train my upper body. How can I keep my legs proportional to my upper body? He said that walking is fine and that cycling is fine as well. Can I build leg muscles by simply walking 20 KM everyday or cycling for 1 hour?

    submitted by /u/BehrozSultan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment