• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 18, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 18, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 18, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 18, 2020

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Best deadlift shin guards

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    My shins get bloody as shit during deadlifting. The bar I have at home has deep knurling and I keep it close to my shins cause it helps keep my spine neutral and feels the best on my low back. Looking for opinions on the best deadlifting shin guards for pure protection.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/arumfeeling
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Cardio before weights, or weights before cardio?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    Hey gang, I was going through Instagram one day and someone posted one of those dumb cartoon images that said something like "want results? Always do weights before cardio" with no comments or explanation as to why.

    Can someone tell me if that's true, or does it even matter? If so why? I've always done 20-30mins running or bike before weightlifting because I like that it warms me up.

    submitted by /u/a_penguin
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What to do if you can't squat?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Hey there everyone,

    I've recently started at the gym with a friend, however I can't squat.

    Logically, I want to bend my feet as it's what I'm used to. I seem to bend my feet everytime, or don't have my back straight, etc.

    I can't squat even the bar (20kg) as a 6" 83kg 22 year old male...

    Are there any exercises I can do to work on this?

    Cheers team.

    submitted by /u/Illuminazi666
    [link] [comments]

    Wanting a “marked” body.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:52 AM PDT

    Hello r/Fitness! I'm a 16 year old male who recently have started weight lifting at home as sort of a fun at home project that I can start doing everyday after my summer vacation. My goal is to have a marked body, which I already seem to be going well with. Because it is at home I only have my two dumbells I can use. Right now I'm following a pretty good routine online, but I want to hear from you guys which workouts with dumbells and other equipment when I start In the gym would be good for my goals. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Dank_meme_abuser420
    [link] [comments]

    General list of food that tends to bloat and "make you look fatter" or is it an individual thing?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    I've been reading about this in regards to defined abs - even at low body fat, the abs may be not visible due to bloated belly (I know that genetics plays a significant role, but let's skip that fact).

    I am wondering whether some food should be avoided in general or whether the selection of food differs from person to person - some experience issues digesting dairy, too much veggies if not steamed, meat, legumes, white bakery products etc.

    submitted by /u/iBo0m
    [link] [comments]

    Biking for 3-4 hours in the sun and noticing my skin is salty. Should i be adding salt to my water?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    If it helps me feel better and less tired, that'd be nice. Any good measurements in teaspoons for a 160 pounds person? I'd rather not get ripped off at the drugmarts for salt pills.

    submitted by /u/OnSnowWhiteWings
    [link] [comments]

    Can people change their body type???

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    I am curious as to whether it is possible for a mesomorph to become and endomorph or vice versa. I am also curious as to why endomorphs are always portrayed as fat. Is it impossible for an endomorph to have the inverted V shape back or be ripped???

    submitted by /u/Raul-TT
    [link] [comments]

    Please help

    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    So.. I started working out like 2 months ago.. or at least i started doing some more intense work outs /ALL OF this 4x | Pull ups x 9| Wide pull ups x 3| Push ups x 25| Leg raises x 10| Leg raises to bar x 10 \

    /All of this 4x | Chin ups x 9| Wide chin ups x 3| Abs windmills or however its called x 8-10| Knee ups? X 8-10| Knee ups side to side x 10 \

    /All of this 4x | 20 dips| 20 push ups | 2 muscle ups| Sometimes.. 8 leg raises\

    Excuse my non professional way of calling these exercises.. I just dont know their name.. anyway.. I was doing this for a few weeks.. all fine.. no pain.. and like 2 days back.. my arms felt so weak and so sore after the work out.. I Had a hard time opening the doors.. But i told myself.. man im just lazy.. need to go harder.. that obviously wont b the case.. So im asking whats wrong? This happened to me only once in past but i dont know why.. I just work out and its fine for weeks.. and now my hands are weaker

    submitted by /u/AndreWw_SrB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment