• Breaking News

    Friday, August 13, 2021

    Beginner Fitness: Doctor told me to avoid exercise for the next two weeks, what now?

    Beginner Fitness: Doctor told me to avoid exercise for the next two weeks, what now?


    Doctor told me to avoid exercise for the next two weeks, what now?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Long story short the doctor told me I should avoid exercise for two weeks while I recover from an infection. I specifically asked what types of exercise and she said lifting, running, and other strenuous activities. I had been doing a bulk and had gained 3ish pounds since I started two weeks ago.

    Now that I'm going to be sedentary I will be avoiding my bulking 3000 calorie diet for the next two weeks. Would it be a good idea to do a cut to get rid of some body fat? I am a 22yo male 5'10 and ~147lb and I estimate I'm at about 18-20% BF.

    Also, do you guys have any yoga/stretching routines you recommend? I'm going to work on my flexibility these next two weeks

    submitted by /u/bigtwobyfour
    [link] [comments]

    Just joined a gym, now what?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    STATS: 17F/5'4ft/165cm/145lbs/65kg

    Hi!! I just joined a gym and im completely lost. What would a good routine look like for me? I dont really like cardio and would like to focus on gaining muscule while simultaneously losing fat. Id like to go realistically 3 to 5 times a week. Please can you give me some tips on how to curate a perfect layout for me?

    submitted by /u/Eat-Salad
    [link] [comments]

    How to reduce Wrist Pain During Barbell Curls (Preferably without reducing range of motion)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    I suffered a wrist injury last time I did barbell curls (don't have an EZ bar) and haven't been about to do the exercise (or skullcrushers and underhand barbell rows) for about a week. It's slowly getting better and I'm hoping to continue performing the exercise in the coming days. I'm just wondering what tips worked best for reducing the chance of this happening again from anyone who has had a similar experience?

    I could just not go to full extension on the exercise as the first part of the exercise seems to be the part thatcauses the issue but I also feel like that would reduce the bicep activation and make the exercise less effective. I watched a video that recommended keeping the arms slightly further forward in front of the hips to keep tension on the biceps and I'm wondering whether that may help reduce wrist pain. If anyone has experience with that technique or any other tips that would be really helpful (I would usually just test it but I don't want to aggravate the injury).

    submitted by /u/ReusGotzeGuerreiro
    [link] [comments]

    2 day weight-lifting plan for a college age girl

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    I'm trying to get into weight-lifting this fall but since I'd usually only go to the gym for cardio, I have no experience with weights and I don't know where to start. I saw a lot of beginner routines like SL & SS but I'll be studying for a graduate school exam all of fall semester + taking 18 credits so I can only squeeze in 2 days of training. I was wondering if anyone had a good beginner plan to lean out for two days a week?

    For reference, I'm 5'5 and 118 lbs. I don't care about weight loss, I just hope to see fat loss since I think my bf-ratio is definitely lacking. I mainly just want to gain strength and be more fit! Diet-wise I think I'm okay; I've always tried to eat consistently, whole + clean foods, and high-protein in every meal.

    Here's a workout plan someone recommended that I'm considering starting (it's more machine-focused because I have no clue what I'm doing with my form when I'm using free weights rn):

    Day 1:

    Squats 5x5

    Tricep Extensions 5x5

    Lat Pulldowns 5x5

    Deadlift 3x5

    Day 2:

    Squats 5x5

    Overhead Press 5x5

    Seated Cable Rows 5x5

    Deadlift 3x5

    Not sure if this is fine or if I should add more specific exercises like maybe ones that are focused on legs/glutes? Any suggestions + advice would be so appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/yslnd
    [link] [comments]

    just started working out need some advice regarding workout routine.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    usually go for 6 days a week,and was thinking maybe hitting one muscle group every day with some cardio daily can work.I am 6'1 and weigh 177 pounds.Here's the schedule i think of.If there are any suggestions,please say so. Monday: back. Tuesday:bicep wednesday:chest thursday:tricep friday:shoulder saturday:legs.

    Can i do 15 min of tredmill daily at around 9-10 kmph or 5.5-6 miles an hour so that i dont loose any muscle mass?

    My main priority is muscle gain.

    submitted by /u/ecstacy0010
    [link] [comments]

    Training till failure

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:36 PM PDT

    When training till failure there's no need to compromise form to get full range of motion. Not only does this take the focus off the muscle you're aiming to isolate but it increases the risk of injury

    Next time you train till failure try ROM failure

    https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSJnC4GeL/

    submitted by /u/hustleforhealth
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for getting the most out of a two-day, full body strength routine?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    I'm in the process of rebuilding fitness after a nearly year-long recovery from mono. My weekly exercise routine for the last five weeks has included two 2.5 mile hikes (lots of fast uphill walking, sometimes with a weight vest), stair climbing once a week (typically around 20 minutes of climbing up and down stairs with minimal breaks), and two full-body strength training workouts that consist of three sets each of pushups, resistance band rows, squats, and glute bridges. My goal with these workouts is to build strength.

    I started off my strength training exercises just at body weight, but I've progressed to using the weight vest (currently around 20 lb) / harder resistance bands. Since I'm only doing it twice a week, I want to make sure I'm getting the most from these workouts without overcomplicating it (something i was prone to doing before I got sick). Should I alternate between 'heavy' days where I use the weight vest and 'light' days when I don't, or just focus on continuing progressive overload? Also, how often should I change up the exercises that I'm doing? I want to keep the workouts to under an hour, so I'd prefer not adding more exercises at this point, but is it effective to stick with the same exercises as long as I'm increasing the difficulty?

    I'd also appreciate any other suggestions you may have!

    ETA: I'm planning on avoiding gyms until the pandemic is mostly over so that's why I'm doing more of a focus on body-weight exercises with the vest.

    submitted by /u/marxbro4521
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment