• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 11, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 11, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 11, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - July 11, 2020

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Working out in heat. How to not faint/ pass out

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    So I've stopped going to the gym because I'm in Ga. and it's been hard, the humidity is gross and it's hot but I'm dealing with it. I'm getting a lot more tired after work outs and I bought some electrolyte powder thing for my water which should come soon. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water when I go on walks but what else can I do to reduce the exhaustion after walking in the heat?

    Going back to the gym isn't an option and I'm not waking up before 8am to walk outside.

    submitted by /u/readyheartsx
    [link] [comments]

    Gym Story Saturday

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    Hi! Welcome to your weekly thread where you can share your gym tales!

    submitted by /u/FGC_Valhalla
    [link] [comments]

    Self-Promotion Saturday

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to Self-Promotion Saturday

    This thread will serve as a weekly AutoModerator post, for anyone looking to get exposure for their Instagram, Youtube, blogspot, RedditMade, Kickstarter, TeeSpring, MySpace, AOL, stand-alone website, or stand-alone physical product.

    This post is the one time where people can advertise without repercussions, and the one thread when anything goes. All other advertisements will continue to be removed as per Rule #8.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My New Journey

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    Hey all, First time ever posting something like this but thought why not because for the first time in quite a while I genuinely feel motivated. So to start off I am 5'9" 235. I used to be 200 and would work out daily a few years ago but then life happened and I gained this massive amount of weight in around 3 years, maybe a little longer or shorter? I was a little heavier a few months ago but recently I have got back on track and for the past two weeks I have implemented a workout routine and began cutting down on a lot of foods I know I should not have. Currently I have macros that I try to hit for the day and this is what I am feeling very confused with and was wondering if someone could help. I used several online calculators which said my TDEE is about 2500-2600. The thing is with the macros I have calculated and try to get in Im finding it impossible to get everything in and I also get very full after about 1700 calories. My current macros are: 60 g Carbs 165 g Protein 80 g Fat. This gives me a little less than 1650 but is it unhealthy for me to eat this amount of calories while lifting weights 5 days a week + cardio 3 times a week? Does anybody have any tips on how I can better my eating habits because I see a lot of posts with different opinions on carbs. Thanks to whoever even took the time to read this! I really appreciate all this communitys help.

    submitted by /u/uncledrew22_
    [link] [comments]

    With the limited gym equipment that we have, what kind of exercises would be recommended that gives maximum benefit?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    Hello, I am a father that is concerned for my son's health, and after much talking, we came to an agreement that he needs to to have a healthier lifestyle. We were told by a good friend of mine that this change starts and is largely controlled in the kitchen, but we were also told that working out is important as well. My friend says that lifting weights is probably the best way to lose weight (also the muscle he builds can help with loose skin and all), and that my son should avoid hard cardio until he gets to a decent weight where it doesn't mess up his ankles due to his obesity. And so, following his advice, I went and ordered a squat stand, barbell, plates, and bench (not sure if dumbbells are also needed). So, I guess my question is, with the equipment that we have, what is the best exercises that my son should do to lose weight? Feel free to give advice on whether or not I need to buy or do something more (like dumbbells or what not) to give him all that he needs to lose weight and build muscle, or maybe even cut things out. Much appreciated if you guys can help.

    submitted by /u/mulesa
    [link] [comments]

    Having a hard time walking and running because I keep getting ingrown hairs...

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Okay I know this is lowkey gross but I'm trying to workout more by going on walks/runs, but it's difficult because everyday I get ingrown hairs between my thighs.

    I'm 240 at 5'10" with chunky fat thighs and my stupid fat thighs rub together. I've tried performance underwear, I've tried no underwear, I've tried different fits of pants/shorts and I've tried briefs.

    Still. I get them. Every day I walk.

    Any advice on how to stop this while still allowing me to go on walks? I have a really hard time losing weight if I don't do cardio.

    submitted by /u/Ford117
    [link] [comments]

    Supper skinny can't lift an empty bar with a beginner routine (Phrak's GSLP) that mainly focuses on barbell?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    i'm 20 and i'm super underweight 44 kg - height 163 right now i'm gaining weight, started to eat a lot more and be there mentally for this kind of stuff

    my question is how can i learn the form if i can't even bench press an empty barbell my hands get shaky and its kinda demotivating i don't know how to start what to do if i'm unable to learn the most basic beginner routine out there?

    the routine is

    Workout A

    • 3×5+ Barbell Rows
    • 3×5+ Bench Press
    • 3×5+ Squats

    Workout B

    • 3×5+ Chinups (or equivalent)
    • 3×5+ Overhead Press
    • 3×5+ Deadlifts

    i really want to stick to a routine so that i can understand what i'm doing and it keep me going but i'm not sure what to do if i can't even lift an empty barbell which is the main tool of these type of exercise i guess?

    Any tips of what should i do in my situation?

    submitted by /u/Lawsyo
    [link] [comments]

    Physical exertion and middle aged heart

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    I'm a hypochondriac and constantly worried about my heart. I'm also entering the dreaded middle age (just about to turn 38) and that's when people really start dropping from heart related issues. At what point we should tone it down with pushing ourselves physically or is it something you don't think about?

    I also work out at home and prefer that to the gym, but at the same time physical exertion can cause heart attacks and I'm alone while exercising so there's no one to help me.

    submitted by /u/Muilutuspakumies
    [link] [comments]

    Long fasting

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Im planning going on a two week fast this week. Will this fast get rid of fat, a mix of fat and lean mass? Im not looking to loose lean mass. Essentially, what will this fast do to my body?

    submitted by /u/Speluh
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to get wider?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    I am 16 but I have an extremely ectomorphic body shape for my age as my shoulders are very narrow. I am also very skinny as I am 132 lbs at 5'11. I was wondering if it is possible for my shoulders to still develop and if there are workouts to make one wider. Also if I could get advice on how to bulk up/workout that would be great as I am a complete newbie in the world of fitness.

    submitted by /u/uglygods
    [link] [comments]

    Shoulder area clicks/cracks when I do dumbbell chest press.

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    The title says it all, I hear a clicking/cracking noise in my right shoulder area (nothing in my left.) It only started happening recently. It goes away if I hold the dumbbells very very close to my chest and do the press, but this is not as effective. Does anyone know why this happens?

    submitted by /u/kjlolbff
    [link] [comments]

    Understanding BMR

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    Hey Guys Newbie to weight loss so forgive me here.

    Just wanted to see if anyone can help me understand what BMR is and how it works. I've used these online calculators which is appreciate are a very rough estimate. The number I got was 1.239, is this the calories I burn at rest daily? How would I achieve a deficit or consuming 1200 calories a day?

    I hope that made sense!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/borisHChrist
    [link] [comments]

    Pre-workout working just for 1 day

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    So on Monday I tried 200mg caffeine for the first time. I had the best training of my life. But on Tuesday it had absolutely no effect.

    Is it possible that my body adapted to 200mg of caffeine in 1 day ? Even 3 day pause doesn't help.

    submitted by /u/MaroSralo
    [link] [comments]

    Dietician?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I've been lifting for years and have a good grasp on things. In an effort to get the most out of my workouts, I need to revamp my food.

    Anyone been to a dietician where it was super helpful? How about a dietician experience where they just rehashed everything you already knew? 'Nutrition coaches' I've talked to before tend to just go over what macros mean and ask how many sugary drinks I have in a week - I'm looking for something much more involved than that. I'd love all of your suggestions as to what specific kind of dietician/nutritionist I'm looking for (or even a good YouTube channel).

    Would/could a dietician be the edge I need or (not to discredit the profession) would a google deep dive be enough? I only say that bc I have no diagnosed medical/nutritionally specific needs, etc.

    I tend to do traditional weight lifting at a standard gym. 4 sets of 10-14'ish rep work.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nothingno1
    [link] [comments]

    What muscles should I workout to swoop a girl off her feet carry her ?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    I weigh 140 and I'm 5'6. This girl I want to do it on is 125 and 5'2. What muscles should I start working out to carry her in this way?

    submitted by /u/Danielitoa27
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment