• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: 1 hour Total Body Workout, it is a Hatha Yoga Vinyasa flow class. A total bodywork from standing to sitting to twist and inversion followed by a short relaxation.

    Beginner Fitness: 1 hour Total Body Workout, it is a Hatha Yoga Vinyasa flow class. A total bodywork from standing to sitting to twist and inversion followed by a short relaxation.


    1 hour Total Body Workout, it is a Hatha Yoga Vinyasa flow class. A total bodywork from standing to sitting to twist and inversion followed by a short relaxation.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Flexibility

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am mostly a lurker here and I have noticed there are many questions about flexibility... how to be more flexible and so on.

    Yeah, I wonder, how to be more flexible? I have probably the worst flexibility every. Anyway I checked out many Youtube channels about flexibility (some of them recommended here) and I am totally confused... Despite of being for "beginners", the people in these videos do things that are absolutely unreal to me.

    For example this video: https://youtu.be/qULTwquOuT4

    It says it's for beginners, but she does many things that I never could. In time 5:45 she does the spider thing. What...?

    Am I missing something? You all would do this without any trouble? Imagine you're a fat nerd that never got up from a computer and decided to do fitness... he would be capable to do this spider thing as the lady in the video? :) Or...?

    Sorry, I am confused and I want to know.

    submitted by /u/ihavenoidea6668
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with Hoka's while power walking

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    My podiatrist unfortunately has closed his office since March due to COVID-19. During my last appointment with him, he suggested Hoka shoes for me, because I have very weak ligaments and Hokas are stiff with good support. I haven't seen him since.

    I pronate a lot, so the plan was for him to make me orthodics. Unfortunately, I don't know when that will be. I'm hesitant to see a new podiatrist, because I really like this one. And he was in the middle of treating me.

    I am doing well with the Hokas as far as my ligaments, (no injuries!) but I am getting blisters on the inner side of the ball of both feet, and soreness as if it's pre-blister on the bottom of my heels. Basically, it's wherever my feet make impact with the ground during power-walking.

    Is this due to my foot mechanics or the shoes? Can I buy something temporarily to force my feet not to pronate?

    What thoughts or suggestions do you have?

    submitted by /u/NextWordTyped
    [link] [comments]

    10 minutes a day, different ab routine every day for 7 days to improve core strength, get a little sweat on and bring in some consistency.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    Why is my endurance so low?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Hey, Reddit!

    So, i'm a 27 year old woman who exercises daily. I weigh about 167 lbs and am 5''4. I'm a little overweight - always have been - and i'm trying to lose the extra pounds. I do Crossfit 3x a week, and I run about 4k also 3x a week. Sundays are my only day off. I've been keeping pretty consistent for the past 3 months and lost about 9 lbs already. So, my issue is not with the weight loss, i've actually been able to maintain a healthy balance with that.

    But the thing is, I've been exercising my whole life. Literally, my whole life - i've been swimming since i was 4; i've played tennis for years; i've roller skated on a professional level; i've been going to the gym for years; i've been playing soccer every week for the past 3 years; recently took up running because of the pandemic. And yet i still have the endurance of a beginner. Whenever i go to Crossfit, i'm always the last one to finish practice. During a soccer match, i can't continue after 15 minutes of playing and have to stop and breathe a while. During my runs, i also have to switch it up between my paces so that i can finish it - even though i don't even run for that long of a distance. Granted, my food intake wasn't as always as healthy, but for the past months i've been eating a balanced diet with the help of a nutritionist, so that also shouldn't be a issue.

    So, my question is: is there something i'm possibly doing wrong that would explain my lack of endurance? Is there something i could do to improve?

    Any tips are welcome! Sorry for the long post.

    submitted by /u/staywwoke
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness for a Nerd - the basics are there, but what to do now ?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    I have read all there is to read and talked to one friend who knows about this stuff over text. During COVID WFH I finally started doing exercise on a fairly basis. (at Home)

    M-28, Weight-50kg/110Pounds, H-172cm/ 5ft 6Inch

    Workout is below. My question is how do you know what to insert in your workout plan ? How do you escalate after this ? I just cannot seem to move to 5Kgs. And then there's BACK exercise I want to do, then NECK exercises, STRETCHES etc. There are just too many even beginner exercises to form a plan. I may end up in a job in warehousing where I might have to stand/walk for 6-8 hours.

    Monday, Wednesday, Friday (3 Kgs except Triceps with 2 kgs)

    3 Sets,10Reps - Dumbbell Curls, Hammer Curls, Singlehand/Doubehand Tricep Extensions 3.5 Planks (60 Seconds), 30 Crunches, 30 Pushups 

    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday (3kgs except Lateral/Frontal raise with 2kg)

    3 Sets,10Reps - Dumbbell Shoulderpress, Arnold Press, dumbbell lateral/frontal raise 30 Leg Raise, 3.5 Planks (60 Seconds), 30 Dumbbell Squats 

    I am waay too skinny. Only now I managed to gain 6kg (13pounds) in a month to get to 50Kg(110) mark. What else can I do now ? I also have a million more question if somebody is interested. I have probably read and watched a lot more about my problems and form but still need a personal touch. Oh and I workout at HOME. No excess to bars.

    submitted by /u/FlintSpace
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment