• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Low Impact Workout For Bad Knees

    Beginner Fitness: Low Impact Workout For Bad Knees


    Low Impact Workout For Bad Knees

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Should I be taking any supplements?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    I have begun working out at home and my goal is to tone up and then gain muscle. I'm a female, age 24, 5'8" tall and 147 pounds. I'm skinny fat and I don't like it, so I'm doing something about it. I want noticeable abs and to fit in my favorite clothes. I have a friend that is 5'5" and 130 pounds, and she has such a tiny waist, back dimples, and a nice butt! I want her body lol.

    I ordered a resistance band set to start off, and I do workouts alongside Youtube people, like Pamela Reif for example. I'm working on the mind to muscle connection thing.. it's a little different but I'm working on it.

    I was wondering do I need to be taking any supplements? Like for gaining muscle? Especially my butt! Protein intake no problem, I eat a lot of meat already. But if I need to take more protein, does anyone have any GOOD tasting powders they can recommend?

    submitted by /u/grand_tiremaster
    [link] [comments]

    How often should I lift to grow arms?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    21 year old male, never lifted and want to grow arms.

    How often should I lift? Should my arms hurt to know that I have done it enough? How often should I rest? How heavy should the weights be?

    submitted by /u/sheephamlet
    [link] [comments]

    Quarantine Bulking - Is it possible to effectively bulk at home with mainly dumbbells (I have dumbbells ranging from 5lb to 100 lbs)?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    Good workout plan for someone who has a sedentary lifestyle and want to be more active?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Sorry for the grammar errors

    • 25, F, 170 cm (5'7), 127.8 lbs (58 kg), No gym equipment, no money to go to gym
    • There's a park in front of our house, and I own a bike (but I get dizzy when I ride it for ~10 mins. It was 6pm, so it's not hot anymore)
    • Since way back I hit puberty, I get dizzy easily, my CBC was normal. I changed my diet recently and I focus on protein and fiber now, then low carbs (used to be high carbs, low protein). I haven't workout with this new 'diet' tho
    • I think I have a general hyperhidrosis, and I think I get dehydrated more easily bc of this. I also live in a tropical country. I prefer to workout indoors, or when it's not hot outside anymore.

    Which workouts are good to begin with? Are there workout for beginners that burns a lot of calories?

    I was never an active person, and I'm far from being 'fit'. I want to be more active, have better stamina and all that. I also plan to gain some muscles and keep a toned body even when I get older. I want this to be a lifestyle change, but idk what's a good and efficient way to start..

    submitted by /u/inkbw
    [link] [comments]

    For my male clients I focus on rotator cuff exercises, back and glute strength, back flexibility and hamstring stretches. Here is a workout incorporating those exercises.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Now is the perfect time to join a gym

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    If you've been on the fence for a while or are a bit shy about joining the gym if you're worried you'll look weak or don't know what your doing, now is the perfect time to join.

    Gyms are just starting to reopen after spending a few months closed. In my country the reopened this week. Everyone is back to basics and needs to start over or drop their weights significantly. It's humbling and everyone is in the same boat. I've also noticed that be of this people are more friendly than usual.

    I move around a bit, so have been to many gyms, and I've noticed that the gym culture is actually really nice and not as scary as I thought it would be when I started. I was worried of all the meat-heads and bros who spent hours at the gym every day. But you know what, they're actually really lovely people, I found that it was really nothing more than a horrible stereotype. Sure, there's are people who aren't nice, but is the exception not the rule, and all hobbies have a few jerks.

    submitted by /u/CreativeSun0
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with restarting my fitness journey, probably via bodywt. exercises [TL;DR at the end].

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Hi all, hope you're all safe.

    A little about me: I'm 19, approximately 200 pounds (no muscle anymore) and 5'10" in height. I have a very sedentary lifestyle due to insane working hours and I'm getting weaker and fatter, especially during lockdown.

    Prior to lockdown, I had begun going to the gym at my Uni (had about a month in), and I was starting to see gains as well as notice improvements in general fitness. However, 4 months have passed since then and I've become a gooey mess of flesh again.

    Prior to lockdown, I had a huge incentive for going to the gym: friends and mentors, freedom to regulate intensity of exercise, accessibility, appreciation of peers, etc. But, since I haven't had any of that for a while now, I let myself go and I feel horrible about it. I never picked up bodyweight exercises because I'm quite scared of the effort it entails and I have trouble staying motivated/building discipline (bullsh*t excuse, I know).

    So, I need your help with restarting my fitness journey. Should I start running or do bodyweight exercises? What kind of diet should I maintain? How do I stay motivated?

    TL;DR: 19, 5'10", 200 lbs, need guidance with beginning my fitness journey after no longer having the gym.

    submitted by /u/rhnsachdev
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment