• Breaking News

    Friday, June 12, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 12, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 12, 2020


    Daily Simple Questions Thread - June 12, 2020

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/Fitness Daily Simple Questions Thread - Our daily thread to ask about all things fitness. Post your questions here related to your diet and nutrition or your training routine and exercises. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer.

    As always, be sure to read the wiki first. Like, all of it.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness" after your search topic.

    Other good resources to search are Exrx.net for exercise-related topics and Examine.com for nutrition and supplement science.

    Be aware that the more relevant information you add, the more relevant the answers you receive will be. And if you are posting about your routine, please make sure you follow the guidelines.

    (Please note: This is not a place for general small talk or chit-chat. Also, the community decided long ago that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Daily Q&A threads. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Physique Phriday

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Physique Phriday thread

    What's the point of having people guess your body fat? Nevermind that it's the most inaccurate method available, (read: most likely way wrong - see here) you're still just putting an arbitrary number to the body you have. Despite people's claim that they are shooting for a number, they're really shooting for look - like a six pack.

    So let's stopping mucking around with trivialities and get to the heart of the matter. This thread shall serve two purposes:

    1. Physique critiques. Post some pics and ask about muscles or body parts you need to work on. Or specifically ask about a lagging body part and what exercises worked for others.
    2. An outlet for people that want to show off their efforts that would otherwise be removed due to Rule 4, and

    Let's keep things civil, don't be a creep, and adhere to Rule 1. This isn't a thread to announce what you find attractive in a mate. Please use the report function for any comments that are out of line.

    So phittit, what's your physique pheel like this phriday?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Arms get slippery during planks

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    Good morning! I like to practice planks at home but whenever I go for more than around 80 seconds my arms get too sweaty which prevents me from planking. I have a hardwood floor, so its very difficult to keep my arms in place. I am not in a situation where I can buy a yoga mat, and I'd rather not wear long sleeves while working out. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/monkeysarecools
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about protein.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Ive started working out at home recently. Im estimating that I'm getting 50-70 grams of protein a day while being recommended to get 180. Are my muscles actually deteriorating at this rate? Should I stop working out until I can get enough protein since this would be me working in reverse and making the opposite of gains? I need some advice.

    submitted by /u/M05HE
    [link] [comments]

    Significant difference in muscle gain between bulking and maintaining?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    So, for 2 months now, I've been losing fat, and training strength. Got some nice gains, but it is obviously minimal, due to the fact that I am eating at a calorie deficit. I am about 4 pounds away, I wanna maintain my weight, but also get some muscles going. Now I am not against bulking, but I want to avoid excess weight. Is the difference in muscle growth between maintaining and bulking significant?

    submitted by /u/DerpyChop
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on 100 rep sets.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    Hey for the record I'm fairly new to body building and working out. So far I only have a small curl bar and some small weights that add up to 65lb. I've been doing 2-3 sets of reps until failure of bench presses. Overall it adds up to be 100-150 sets per session. I'm a fairly big guy at 6'1" and 185lb so What would you guys say my max bench would be if I went to a real gym. I don't want to embarrass myself and only lift like 130 or something at my size.

    TLDR: I can bench 65lb for 100 reps, what do you think my max bench would be.

    submitted by /u/Phaoyzed
    [link] [comments]

    Is half assing a workout better than nothing? Or should I just wait till I’m ready to go 100%?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Is half assing a workout better than nothing? Or should I just wait till I'm ready to go 100%?

    I lift 4-5x a week, Monday-Friday. I usually take weekends off, but sometimes I really want to go. I don't push myself as hard, and might do an exercise less for each split or do all machines.

    submitted by /u/drunkbackpacker
    [link] [comments]

    Moronic Monday - Your weekly stupid questions thread

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Get your dunce hats out, Fittit, it's time for your weekly Stupid Questions Thread.

    Post your question - stupid or otherwise - here to get an answer. Anyone can post a question and the community as a whole is invited and encouraged to provide an answer. Many questions get submitted late each week that don't get a lot of action, so if your question didn't get answered before, feel free to post it again.

    As always, be sure to read the FAQ first.

    Also, there's a handy-dandy search bar to your right, and if you didn't know, you can also use Google to search fittit by using the limiter "site:reddit.com/r/fitness".

    Be sure to check back often as questions get posted throughout the day. Lastly, it may be a good idea to sort comments by "new" to be sure the newer questions get some love as well. Click here to sort by new in this thread only.

    So, what's rattling around in your brain this week, Fittit?


    As per this thread, the community has asked that we keep jokes, trolling, and memes outside of the Moronic Monday thread. Please use the downvote / report button when necessary.

    submitted by /u/cdingo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment