• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 11, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: Remember you didn't come this far just to come this far. Keep going!

    Beginner Fitness: Remember you didn't come this far just to come this far. Keep going!


    Remember you didn't come this far just to come this far. Keep going!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Can you lose weight doing yoga?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    I'm 26 and slightly overweight for my frame. (150 lbs, 5'6, and slim most of my earlier life) My knees and wrists aren't great so weights aren't my favorite thing, as well as the fact that I'm transgender and it makes it very uncomfortable to go to an actual gym. Is yoga something that could be beneficial for me in the manner of losing a little weight?

    submitted by /u/DarkAsTheBlack
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody got any nutrition advice for a noob?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    I was always decent at eating healthy while exercising. It generally combined eating insane amounts of chicken, salad, wraps and oatmeal. Pretty much just ate the same thing over and over until id gotten the gains I wanted and then went back to pizza.

    So now me and my wife are trying to get healthier so our kid could have a better example. Exercise a few times a week and I been cooking somewhat healthy food but it all tastes nasty and I've eaten alot of pretty crappy food. It also takes awhile to cook and since we don't got time for all that typically resort to frozen foods and take out.

    I was wondering what some ideas are for keeping healthy foods in stock at our house, and if anyone knows any quick tips on how to cook somewhat fast food without it tasting revolting.

    I might try to meal prep, it's different having a family. They won't just eat baked chicken and rice every night and oatmeal and fruit for breakfast everyday.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Warjinx338
    [link] [comments]

    My story of starting my fitness journey

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I know this is a beginner fitness subreddit and some are reluctant to get started and I wanted to just share my story on what got me started even though I started many times in the past and quit. I've been going strong on this journey a little over a year now. I'm down around 20 lbs and my energy levels are higher than they have ever been. I'm 32 btw.

    A few years ago I noticed that I was getting irritated easily, stressed out constantly, and my anxiety was through the roof over anything and everything. Not to mention, I couldn't seem to see any results even though I've been going to the gym everyday for 3 years prior almost. The kicker is, I was just going through the motions with no real goal in sight. This is when my focus shifted. I couldn't help but feel like I wanted to get more out of my life. No more monotony day in and day out. Right around February of last year I changed gyms, decided I wanted to take this fitness journey serious. I started an instagram to document my journey. Looking back, this was a very important part because now I can see my results from the beginning and the community that I've started to build is amazing. Anyway, I changed my diet and started working out with specific routines and it really helped me get to where I am today. I couldn't handle the stress and anxiety of work and life in general so I channeled all of that into each workout each day. The difference is amazing. Before I'd stress about every little thing from what we had to buy today to a small little issue at work, it started to affect the people around me and I was on the verge of losing my job before I switched gears and got serious. Now, I can't imagine not getting up and getting in some type of workout. Even if it is 30 minutes. If I don't, I feel like I've failed this day and then the entire day seems shot. It really sets up my day for the better and seems to make me a more pleasant person, even if that is still a person that dislikes most people lol. Heck, this past week I've been jumping up at 5 am, dry scoop some pre-workout and go downstairs and do something! If you don't have equipment hit up some yoga or some bodyweight exercises.

    So basically what I'm trying to get at is, it doesn't matter where you think you are or if you think it's too late to start. Just start, even if it small at first and you lead up to something bigger. You'll thank yourself later, your family will thank you, and more importantly you will feel so much better about yourself. And hey, you may even find some new friends along the way.. (hint - I need friends 😂). If you'd like to follow me on my fitness journey, please do. My IG is @trav.gets.fit. Thanks everyone and please let me know if you have any questions on anything.

    submitted by /u/tweed7
    [link] [comments]

    Let go..

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    "Let go of who you think you're supposed to be, and embrace who you are." - Brené Brown

    submitted by /u/tweed7
    [link] [comments]

    Ab workouts with minimal neck engagement

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    I used to do push-ups & sit-ups every night (3 sets of 30 each). I had a whiplash injury that really flares up when I do sit-ups so have had problems finding ways to keep my abs toned.

    I do keep up with cardio decently (bike rides & basketball). Any advice would be a great help (ideally things I can do without a gym/at home), thanks!

    submitted by /u/burnetall
    [link] [comments]

    Work From Home Has Been Great For My Fitness!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Back in March I posted some questions to this page about how to get started working out, I was considering what I needed to be able to do before spending money on a gym. At the time I had just started a new job in the city, and was considering if I'd get a membership to the gym at my work building or another one on my commute home to the suburbs. Well, 2 weeks after I started work, social distancing was put in effect because my city has a very high number of cases. The transition was weird, but I took advice of setting a strict schedule. I work 8:30-5 with an hour lunch even at home. Little did i know that it would change my body! I'm 23F, and never have been particularly strong or fit. Once we started WFH I was antsy to get out of the house, and I started going on bike rides with my mom during my lunch hour. BIKING IS SO FUN! I bring my portable speaker and blast some oldies or B-52's and tackle the hills of the suburbs. At the beginning of this, I was only going 5 miles in 45 minutes, hills were so bad I had to walk a bit up a particularly bad one, and once we were done I had terrible jelly legs that required me to "walk it out".

    I was 129.9lbs in March/early April.

    I discovered the Google Fit app, and I realized that I didn't need to get a fitbit or device to track my rides, it's very quick and easy to track with the Google Fit App. It shows me a map of my ride, milage, avg mph, calories burned, and movement minutes. AND it tracks my movement minutes in regards to the American Heart Association recommendations.

    I've been consistently going for bike rides 3-4 days a work week for the past few months as "recess", I don't think of it as rigorous excercise. Even Google refers to what I'm doing as "movement" because "excercise " is pretty daunting to me.

    The hills have become easier, I can do 7 or 9 miles in 45-52 minutes, and my mom and music have been right by my side the whole time. The jelly legs are no more! I didn't expect to become strong from biking.

    But I also didn't anticipate that I'd lose 8lbs without even trying or realizing it.

    I'm now 121.9lbs (yes i know its basically 122 but my goal is 115-117) and biking is something I look forward to every day.

    For my mom, she says biking is the only excercise that doesn't hurt her bad knee. I mean if you think about running, you're slamming your entire bodyweight onto your joints. She used to limp a little after those initial rides in March, but now she only stops because we've run out of time and I have to get back to work.

    I'm truly feeling beginner fit right now and sexy as hell. Too bad my hot girl summer is coming during a time where I definitely won't be meeting new people due to pandemic.

    submitted by /u/veronikaoftroy
    [link] [comments]

    So I've been doing calisthenics based on, Frank Medrano's training for beginners, but I need something different

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    So hey there, thanks for checking this out. My problem is that while he DOES use bodyweight for training, he also uses stuff for training, and I honestly don't have the stuff. I make due with a chair and a strong stick, but that's about it. Anyone recommend a (hopefully calisthenic) training for me? I'm looking for strong muscles, not big ones, but I wouldn't mind it if they grew honestly.

    So to sum it up:

    -something without tools, so just crunches and stuff.

    -I'm 17, so yeah, something that doesn't kill my oh so young body.

    -I can go outside and find a random tree for lift ups, so that ain't a problem.

    Will appreciate anything you throw at me. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MemoryController
    [link] [comments]

    Advice to gain weight and muscle?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    I (18m) am 6'2" and currently weigh 170lbs. People usually judge me and like to point out that i look really tall and skinny and that i need to gain weight and muscle.

    I have wanted to do this for years and not because of what people say or think about how i look but because i want to do this for myself and have always lacked the motivation to do so, so i have just never tried. Or when i have tried i usually just gave up. I have no access to a gym or any equipment like dumbbells or barbells and cannot afford any at the moment.

    Am looking for advice to gain weight and muscle using bodyweight workouts, or even advice on what i can use around the house, as well as what workouts to do as well. Should i keep track of calories and what foods i am eating and how much, or should i just not bother because i am just trying to bulk up?

    I am new to all of this so any advice would be a great help!

    submitted by /u/Witcher2046
    [link] [comments]

    Can you train with resistance bands every day?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    I'm really asking if it's possible. Say Monday through Friday and rest weekend. Does anyone do this? Or is it always best to do MWF with rest days? I recently got bands because I don't want to go to the gym again for a while with everything going on and am wondering how to best use the bands. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/mpicc
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to do 10 pull ups

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I can at the moment do 8 full pull ups but through out the week I have not gotten any stronger. Is there something I am missing?

    submitted by /u/SHIBe_Miner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment