• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Beginner Fitness: C6/C7 ACDF 6 weeks ago. How to get back to the gym?

    Beginner Fitness: C6/C7 ACDF 6 weeks ago. How to get back to the gym?


    C6/C7 ACDF 6 weeks ago. How to get back to the gym?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Stats, if helpful: M36 5'10" 200lbs

    I had a C6/C7 ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion; a disc removed from the base of my neck and a plate screwed in to hold two vertabrae in place) about 6 weeks ago.

    I'd like to return to the gym, but I'm not clear on what I can/can't be doing.

    My doctor just keeps saying "let pain be your guide", which isn't really helpful. I used to go twice a week, and was really just getting started in my weight loss/toning journey, and am really looking forward to hitting the weights again.

    Ideas? Thoughts? Resources?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ZeroSumPhase
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me decide what type of workout I should do?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    So basically I'm 15 years old going into 10th grade in August, but I'm 5'5 and weigh about 180 pounds. For the last few years I've been pretty overweight and short for my age but I had average athleticism and speed. However, recently I found out I'm moving to a school where competition for sports is much higher and I just want to be healthier in general so I want to start working on my body.

    My problem is I have no idea what type of workouts I should do. Should it be mainly cardio and bodyweights, or actual weights. I tried looking this stuff up online and they just throw so much at you, it's very overwhelming and I'm not exaclty sure what I should be doing. My goal is to lose weight and tone down but not lose the muscle I have right now. I'm not sure if I should do bodyweights and cardio to lose the weight then start using dumbbells and stuff or will the weight and fat loss come naturally if I start using weights?

    Can someone help me out please? And if you need any more info just ask.

    submitted by /u/ballerdude40
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment